It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

misteryo: Pssst! I heard that Brad likes FarSky! No lie!
Nuh uh, Brad only likes Madden!!!

cecil: I tried frisky for about 5 minutes when I got it awhile back and was like "huh I don't get it the trailer looked cool... but this game is boring... NEXT" If there is a good game in that not quite minecraft genre someone let me know :)
Frisky eh? Wink wink, nudge nudge! ;D

Depends, i've seen some promising like The Long Dark, Subnautica, We Happy Few, The Forest, Stranded Deep, etc.
Post edited July 08, 2015 by Cyraxpt
misteryo: Pssst! I heard that Brad likes FarSky! No lie!
Cyraxpt: Nuh uh, Brad only likes Madden!!!

cecil: I tried frisky for about 5 minutes when I got it awhile back and was like "huh I don't get it the trailer looked cool... but this game is boring... NEXT" If there is a good game in that not quite minecraft genre someone let me know :)
Cyraxpt: Frisky eh? Wink wink, nudge nudge! ;D

Depends, i've seen some promising like The Long Dark, Subnautica, We Happy Few, The Forest, Stranded Deep, etc.
**** auto correct getting me in trouble... I MEANT Far Sky not frisky :(
cecil: **** auto correct getting me in trouble... I MEANT Far Sky not frisky :(
Yep. Autocorrect.

We understand.

*wink*
cecil: If there is a good game in that not quite minecraft genre someone let me know :)
7 Days to Die has an excellent crafting system and is great fun to build in - personally I dont like the zombies right now, but its early access and open for modding too. Apprently the multiplayer is also very good (never bothered with it).

Fortresscraft Evolved has an atmospheric survival mode focusing on finding ores etc and building a manufacturing line in an attempt to get off the planet you've crashed on. Still only got a small amoutn of content (compared to whats planned), but if you pick it up cheap (regularly at 75% off), then it could be a good buy. I spent about 50 hours in it and spent the equivalent of $2 - didnt even touch the multiplayer or creative mode.
Post edited July 08, 2015 by Sachys
cecil: If there is a good game in that not quite minecraft genre someone let me know :)
Sachys: 7 Days to Die has an excellent crafting system and is great fun to build in - personally I dont like the zombies right now, but its early access and open for modding too. Apprently the multiplayer is also very good (never bothered with it).

Fortresscraft Evolved has an atmospheric survival mode focusing on finding ores etc and building a manufacturing line in an attempt to get off the planet you've crashed on. Still only got a small amoutn of content (compared to whats planned), but if you pick it up cheap (regularly at 75% off), then it could be a good buy. I spent about 50 hours in it and spent the equivalent of 2 - didnt even touch the multiplayer or creative mode.
Either one of those DRM free or for Mac?
cecil: Either one of those DRM free or for Mac?
Hmmm... i think both are available for mac and fortresscraft evolved has a one time activation key from the devs site.
7 days to die however requires a bit more (due to the multiplayer content it has some anti cheat stuff etc), but you can check the devs site to see.

I'll also mention gnomoria as it involves the mining / crafting / building etc, except its also a village management kinda thing (available fully drm free I believe - and also recently in the sale)
cecil: Either one of those DRM free or for Mac?
Sachys: Hmmm... i think both are available for mac and fortresscraft evolved has a one time activation key from the devs site.
7 days to die however requires a bit more (due to the multiplayer content it has some anti cheat stuff etc), but you can check the devs site to see.

I'll also mention gnomoria as it involves the mining / crafting / building etc, except its also a village management kinda thing (available fully drm free I believe - and also recently in the sale)
I had seen gnomoria but didn't know much about it. Will have to look into them more. Thanks for all the help and suggestions :)
Cyraxpt: Lol, what can i say, perhaps it's my standards in the sense that i've played (or seen) similar games (survival/crafting) that offer more than FarSky, like i said in the "review", some of the stuff it's pointless and it's missing alot of content to make it enjoyable/replayable for me, but like you, i got it cheap ($1 from a bundle) so meh (still not worth my time).
Perhaps the game just caught me in the right mood then. Plus I have a soft spot for games that are simple and short, with direct goals and mechanics geared towards reaching them. And to that end I'm finding this one fun.

Let me give a contrasting example - Don't Starve is pretty much a better game in every way, yet I will probably never finish even the first character's quest because of the permadeath aspect. Same with FTL, which I have gotten close to beating but inevitably have one single bad luck encounter that undoes everything I worked towards. With FarSky I feel that I will at least make it to the goal.

Maybe I just suck as a gamer. But I am having fun with it, which at the end of the day is the point of a game to me.
Cyraxpt: Lol, what can i say, perhaps it's my standards in the sense that i've played (or seen) similar games (survival/crafting) that offer more than FarSky, like i said in the "review", some of the stuff it's pointless and it's missing alot of content to make it enjoyable/replayable for me, but like you, i got it cheap ($1 from a bundle) so meh (still not worth my time).
IAmSinistar: Perhaps the game just caught me in the right mood then. Plus I have a soft spot for games that are simple and short, with direct goals and mechanics geared towards reaching them. And to that end I'm finding this one fun.

Let me give a contrasting example - Don't Starve is pretty much a better game in every way, yet I will probably never finish even the first character's quest because of the permadeath aspect. Same with FTL, which I have gotten close to beating but inevitably have one single bad luck encounter that undoes everything I worked towards. With FarSky I feel that I will at least make it to the goal.

Maybe I just suck as a gamer. But I am having fun with it, which at the end of the day is the point of a game to me.
There's an end to Don't Starve that doesn't involve my character dying?
hummer010: There's an end to Don't Starve that doesn't involve my character dying?
I don't know, but I assume there is at least some kind of point where you resolve the implicit plotline. Not that I'm likely to ever reach it.
IAmSinistar: Snip
I get you since i also never finished FTL (26 hours played), Don't Starve, Sir, You're being hunted, etc. But i feel those are different games than FarSky, their concept is pratically "you will die and restart all over", FarSky is more like Minecraft, you will die but you can keep your stuff and the world continues.

So that's why i'm more critic about it (and i'm probably one of the few that thinks that Minecraft is overrated, i understand the appeal but it's lacking the content for $20 game that already made millions), FarSky is really basic and it had potential to be something better.

But i'll stop with the offtopic, what matters is that you're enjoying it so no money was wasted. :)

hummer010: There's an end to Don't Starve that doesn't involve my character dying?
Yes, there's two modes, story and sandbox, in the story mode there's an ending for each character.
Post edited July 08, 2015 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt: I get you since i also never finished FTL (26 hours played), Don't Starve, Sir, You're being hunted, etc. But i feel those are different games than FarSky, their concept is pratically "you will die and restart all over", FarSky is more like Minecraft, you will die but you can keep your stuff and the world continues.

So that's why i'm more critic about it (and i'm probably one of the few that thinks that Minecraft is overrated, i understand the appeal but it's lacking the content for $20 game that already made millions), FarSky is really basic and it had potential to be something better.
Quite so, and yes, the lack of permadeath does make it a different game. Also, I've not played many crafting games (and I agree with you about the overratedness of one in particular), and realise that this one is quite basic when compared to others out there. But like I say, I have a penchant for tight-focused games in little self-contained worlds (such as Eldritch), so that basicness isn't a drawback to me here.

Cyraxpt: But i'll stop with the offtopic, what matters is that you're enjoying it so no money was wasted. :)
Agreed, and I'll let the thread continue on its merry way. Hopefully HB has some good stuff in the pipeline for us shortly in their ongoing sale! :)
high rated
Played a few hours of Mini Metro (25% off at Humble for next hour and a half). Nice style, I enjoyed it.

Does anyone know if the colors of the metro lines match up to the real cities? I have used a few metros in N. America & Europe (NYC the only one in this game I've used EDIT: oh yeah, Berlin), but the only colors I remember were in Prague, which isn't in the game. They really should have used Prague. OMG those colors in that metro - amazing. (Though I'm probably thinking of colors used in stations rather than on lines...)
Post edited July 08, 2015 by budejovice
budejovice: Played a few hours of Mini Metro (25% off at Humble for next hour and a half). Nice style, I enjoyed it.

Does anyone know if the colors of the metro lines match up to the real cities? I have used a few metros in N. America & Europe (NYC the only one in this game I've used EDIT: oh yeah, Berlin), but the only colors I remember were in Prague, which isn't in the game. They really should have used Prague. OMG those colors in that metro - amazing. (Though I'm probably thinking of colors used in stations rather than on lines...)
I was considering that game, thanks for the info. Is it basically complete, with just the remaining content to come the extra cities?

I can't tell you whether the line colours match unless they do Washington DC, which is the only Metro I'm intimately familiar with. But given that it appears you can change where the lines go, I'm guessing any similarity to the real lines is purely coincidental. :)
high rated
IAmSinistar: I was considering that game, thanks for the info. Is it basically complete, with just the remaining content to come the extra cities?

I can't tell you whether the line colours match unless they do Washington DC, which is the only Metro I'm intimately familiar with. But given that it appears you can change where the lines go, I'm guessing any similarity to the real lines is purely coincidental. :)
Yeah, the colors may have nothing to do with reality, but there are striking differences between cities. Primary colors in some, much more interesting in others. I could research it if I was more interested in the answer than just a quick note here. :)

It is NOT complete. There is currently no sound at all. That may be all that's missing other than extra content. There was a note at the start screen about what was upcoming and audio was mentioned first. I'll try to remember to take another look tonight and see if there is anything else major, but the experience was basically complete enough for me to spend several hours, with more planned. I imagine waiting for completion will probably get you to 50% not too far from here if either completion or discount are important.

The only input was with the mouse, which was perfect for my cat who really dislikes me needing to use both hands.

EDIT: Looked at the game page. Looks like 2 more gameplay modes coming as well. There are currently 3. Also DRM-Free leaderboards, which don't matter to me at all.

MOAR EDIT: Game page lists only 3 cities. I don't remember exactly, but there are at least 6-8 now.
Post edited July 08, 2015 by budejovice