It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LJChronx: I don't know, but I would only get it for Steam. I don't want to sign up for Uplay. Steam and GOG is enough for me.
You don't have such a choice. You still need a Uplay account, even if you buy the game on Steam.
LJChronx: I don't know, but I would only get it for Steam. I don't want to sign up for Uplay. Steam and GOG is enough for me.
Grargar: You don't have such a choice. You still need a Uplay account, even if you buy the game on Steam.
Good to know. Thanks. Well I'm out!
Grargar: You don't have such a choice. You still need a Uplay account, even if you buy the game on Steam.
Indeed, Ubisoft games on Uplay require Uplay, but many if not most Ubisoft games on Steam require Steam *and* Uplay from what I understand. I believe the same is true with EA games and Steam+Origin.

Before someone buys a game from Ubisoft or EA on Steam in an effort to avoid Uplay or Origin I'd be careful to read the fine print on the game's Steam page, and preferably install the "Enhanced Steam" browser plugin in your web browser as that displays additional DRM related details for all the games and highlights it so it is easier to notice. Helps avoid those unexpected surprises.

Another helpful repository of information is the Big List of DRM on Steam which is worth checking before each game purchase also.
skeletonbow: Indeed, Ubisoft games on Uplay require Uplay, but many if not most Ubisoft games on Steam require Steam *and* Uplay from what I understand. I believe the same is true with EA games and Steam+Origin.
Ubisoft has lots of games on Steam. About half of them (the older ones) don't require Uplay.
skeletonbow: Indeed, Ubisoft games on Uplay require Uplay
Dammit. There I thought they required GOG. :P
Post edited March 11, 2015 by Grargar
skeletonbow: Another helpful repository of information is the Big List of DRM on Steam which is worth checking before each game purchase also.
I agree, it's my Holy Bible for questions about DRM on Steam games!
skeletonbow: Another helpful repository of information is the Big List of DRM on Steam which is worth checking before each game purchase also.
One of the nice features of Enhanced Steam is displaying a red warning about additional DRM. I don't know which database it uses for that.
madth3: One of the nice features of Enhanced Steam is displaying a red warning about additional DRM. I don't know which database it uses for that.
Indeed, it makes it very prominent. I wish there were Steam client plugins so that the same experience could be had directly in-client also.
GamesRocket has a -90% on Alan Wake for Steam
Sachys: Image on the page looks like its from some HOG type game.
They're actually from Gunspell, a Match-3 RPG.

Something I don't expect it will change your opinion a bit. :-)
Sachys: Image on the page looks like its from some HOG type game.
madth3: They're actually from Gunspell, a Match-3 RPG.

Something I don't expect it will change your opinion a bit. :-)
I will say one positive thing about such games (and including HOGs) - they're one area of small time / indie development where the artists actually get paid and accredited accordingly.
Sachys: I will say one positive thing about such games (and including HOGs) - they're one area of small time / indie development where the artists actually get paid and accredited accordingly.
Interesting.
BenKii: Up to 75% off on all Assassin's Creed games at the Humble Store.
This seems pretty sweet.
Anyone of you price watchers out there know if this is legit bargain? I've Only played up to AC3. On console, no less. If these are the best prices I'll finally pick them all up again + Black Flag just to have them on PC.

The titles and content seem a bit confusing for my small brain. Can anyone advise which ones do I buy to get all possible content for each game? Or do ubi not do legit complete versions?

Anything in particular I need to watch out for with uPlay? These will be my first uPlay titles. If I decide to buy.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by HeDanny
BenKii: Up to 75% off on all Assassin's Creed games at the Humble Store.
HeDanny: This seems pretty sweet.
Anyone of you price watchers out there know if this is legit bargain? I've Only played up to AC3. On console, no less. If these are the best prices I'll finally pick them all up again + Black Flag just to have them on PC.

The titles and content seem a bit confusing for my small brain. Can anyone advise which ones do I buy to get all possible content for each game? Or do ubi not do legit complete versions?

Anything in particular I need to watch out for with uPlay? These will be my first uPlay titles. If I decide to buy.
Yeah, most of their games are heavily DRM-laden with the worst-of-class DRM that gives the worst customer unfriendly experiences. Be sure to research the exact nature of the DRM on any game you consider buying there so you don't end up feeling disappointed and ripped off after the fact. I went through that myself before with Ubisoft and also with EA although with their disk based media and not their online digital distribution.

Depending on the individual game, some of the DRM features include things like:

- Mandatory always-online even for single player-only games or single player mode of other games that don't otherwise have any reason to require online ... but they do anyway. Games that do this are so awesome, your Internet goes down for a minute and you're booted out of the game for no good reason other than that the game thinks it was pirated so you must now be punished.

- Maximum limit of how many times you can install the game on a computer before it no longer lets you install it anymore and wants you to pay to buy another copy or go through some arduous procedure to deauthorize previous installations to free up the ability to install another time.

There are other annoying DRM 'features' also, but if the above two don't discourage someone from spending their money then they'd probably allow Ubisoft to cut their arms off with a chainsaw as a form of DRM too so no sense listing them all. :)
Post edited March 11, 2015 by skeletonbow
yogsloth: New Groupees bundle finally up:

Kiss 5

8 games, minimum $1, or reserve for $2.

shiftyslug confirmed specifically that all games are Steam-keys only.

Depositing my first $2 in my bundle swear jar. ;)
Robette: Kiss4 was terrible, still have an unredeemed gift key for it.
Hmm...I guess this bundle is another reserve I'm going to pass.
Wallet's kinda begging for mercy at the moment anyways...
genkicolleen: Sheesh, what a crappy-looking bunch of games. Talisman is good, but has been bundled -- what -- a couple of times before? and the others were previously free and/or have terrible reviews.
Talisman is excellent if you liked the board game from back in the day... of course, haters of DLC won't appreciate that there are a bunch already existing and a new one (The Highlands?) just came out.
I try to catch the DLC on sale, and I really liked Frostmarch and Reaper...

...Sorry if i sounded like a commercial there... We now return you to your gaming deals, already in progress...