It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Platypus Bundle at Bundle Stars, $1.99 for the first 72 hours.

Platypus
Platypus II
Nux
Psichodelya
The Culling of the Cows
CHIP
Glacier 3: The Meltdown
ABH20: Platypus Bundle at Bundle Stars, $1.99 for the first 72 hours.

Platypus
Platypus II
Nux
Psichodelya
The Culling of the Cows
CHIP
Glacier 3: The Meltdown
Pretty nice bundle. This is the first bundle I've bought from BS since Oct last year..
I actually demoed Nux at Big Fish years ago. Here's my review:

NUX is a quirky arcade game. Very odd at first glance... OK, just very odd, period. *snicker* All graphics are done in claymation. Oh yes, even the spaceships and asteroids!

You can use the mouse for controls, or you can tell the program which keys on the keyboard you would like to use. I chose the latter, simply because platform games are easier for me that way.

Well, there are 3 different kinds of gameplay, which I hadn't anticipated! In each level there are 3 phases:

You start the game doing a Truxton*-like space-bound shooter. During this part, you navigate a top-to-bottom scrolling section of space, through asteroid fields and oncoming spaceship enemies. Shoot them before they shoot you!
*Truxton is a very old Sega Genesis game - look it up to get an idea of the gameplay!

Finish the first stage, and you go on to a new kind of gameplay: Jetpack. This time it is scrolling from bottom to top, and you're navigating with your jetpack to platforms where you can fuel up, then down to the planet surface. Avoid rocks, bullets and other obstacles on the way down.

Third is the side-to-side scrolling platform portion of the game. Avoid monsters and falling rocks (and spewing rocks!) to retrieve crystals that will power your space ship. This is where the mouse controls get a little iffy for me - I'm not used to "jumping" using a mouse on these games. One thing: You can only carry ONE gem at a time! I didn't realize this until I'd lost 3 lives. D'oh! I did manage to finish the platform portion and proceed to level two to see that the phases repeat. I didn't last much longer, though. hehe

Power-ups last for a set number of seconds, they aren't permanent. However, unlike most games of this type, you don't lose your power-up when you "die". Each "life" allows for 3 "hits". When you score enough points, you get an extra life.

It's a nostalgic throwback to the "old days", reminding me of the games Truxton (Sega Genesis), Space Taxi (C64) and/or Pilot Wings (Super Nintendo) and... uh... Well, I can't think of any game that resembles the platform section :p What makes it kind of fresh are the quirky claymation graphics. It was worth sticking with the demo just to see what they would come up with next.

WARNING: This game is set up in classic arcade fashion - Once you run out of lives, it's GAME OVER! You'll have to start over again and try to get further.
Post edited October 18, 2014 by genkicolleen
IGS Deal is "into the Gloom" With two more games from BTA (~$2), DRM Free, Desura, Steam.

As I said have said before, this is a great little horror title, totally recommended.

Don't get fooled by the LoFi-gfx.
Post edited October 18, 2014 by dyscode
dyscode: I can totally not verify this. I am a GG customers since years and never had a problem they could not get resolved. They refunded the games I decided I did not want within days and if they move a game to Steam after you bought it you get to keep the original installer.

I do not know what went wrong here but it's definitely not the common thing to happen.
Yes, they have lagged behind in their DRM info ever since but as I said, you can return a game within 14 days as long as you do not try to download or reveal your activation serial.

JFYI.
trusteft: And I am (was?) a gg customer since almost day 1. I am not happy about the change but it does happen. Not for all the drm free games, but it does happen.
Yes, I can see that this is irritating. I am just baffled about the escalation with GG-Support.
trusteft: And I am (was?) a gg customer since almost day 1. I am not happy about the change but it does happen. Not for all the drm free games, but it does happen.
dyscode: Yes, I can see that this is irritating. I am just baffled about the escalation with GG-Support.
It's totally absurd, I even have screenshots which so how I did nothing and I was just abused by them.
Eventually I sent an email to GG directly to complain about it and got no reply.
If I didn't have other things to do or the desire to spend money, I would do something more about it, but, fuck it. I am just not going to buy anything from them again.
dyscode: Yes, I can see that this is irritating. I am just baffled about the escalation with GG-Support.
trusteft: It's totally absurd, I even have screenshots which so how I did nothing and I was just abused by them.
Eventually I sent an email to GG directly to complain about it and got no reply.
If I didn't have other things to do or the desire to spend money, I would do something more about it, but, fuck it. I am just not going to buy anything from them again.
Understandable. I wouldn't not know how I would react.
*drops a pin*
Niggles: *drops a pin*
Weekends are kind of slow in the deals sense, aren't they? And perhaps some of us took a break.

DailyIndieGame has

Dangeron
$0.99 for one Desura key, BTA ($1.1) for two keys

reBundle 2
$1.49 for Steam keys of

- Memories of a Vagabond
- Lightfish
- One Day for Ched
- Crystals of Time
- Hacker Evolution: Untold
- Desert Thunder
Niggles: *drops a pin*
http://images.recyclereminders.com/img/lg/S/Do-Not-Trash-Litter-Sign-S-4266.gif
The Lost Crown and Übersoldier II are still on sale for a few hours for $3.33 / $1 respectively.

If you like Dark Fall, this one might be even better for you (was for me) and Ü2 is so hilarious that you will most surely have a good time.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by dyscode
GamersGate deals.

Contrast (Steam) daily -75%/€3.75
Pixel Piracy (Steam) week -50%/€4.99
Deus Ex midweek -75%. Deus EX GOTY carries SecuROM, Invisible War is DRM-Free, while Human Revolution: Director's Cut is Steam-only.
Making History (Other DRM) midweek -75%. No idea about the DRM.
Company of Heroes (Steam) midweek -75%.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Grargar
Autumn Sale at FireFlower Games:

http://fireflowergames.com/sale/autumn-sale/

114 Games (and soundtracks) on sale starting at €0.50.
Impaler26: Autumn Sale at FireFlower Games:

Meh, no sale on Seduce Me. :p
Impaler26: Autumn Sale at FireFlower Games:

triock: Meh, no sale on Seduce Me. :p
*lol*

I thought so too. Fortunately i already grabbed it in an earlier sale for €4.00. :D