It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Leroux: "DRM key"? That's a pretty awkward typo. :D (at least I hope it is)
Grargar: I think it's not a typo, especially since it appears on so many of the games, but instead an indication that the Desura key uses Topware's proprietary DRM.
In that case it's an awkward bundle, and with an awkward lack of precise info about the games. What's that supposed to mean, DRM key? Does Topware have their very own client service on which you need to redeem the game? Which DRM does it use? What's the difference between a DRM key and a Steam key? :/

EDIT: It seems you're right, Desura users warn that the games use online activation. Ugh!
Post edited August 13, 2014 by Leroux
Stooner: BundleStars
But where the f is Judge Dredd?
Discounted at comixology

:-)
Leroux: In that case it's an awkward bundle, and with an awkward lack of precise info about the games. What's that supposed to mean, DRM key? Does Topware have their very own client service on which you need to redeem the game? Which DRM does it use? What's the difference between a DRM key and a Steam key? :/

EDIT: It seems you're right, Desura users warn that the games use online activation. Ugh!
One less DRM layer? :P
Seems like Topware use their own DRM even on Steam.
Post edited August 13, 2014 by Grargar
Grargar: I think it's not a typo, especially since it appears on so many of the games, but instead an indication that the Desura key uses Topware's proprietary DRM.
Leroux: In that case it's an awkward bundle, and with an awkward lack of precise info about the games. What's that supposed to mean, DRM key? Does Topware have their very own client service on which you need to redeem the game? Which DRM does it use? What's the difference between a DRM key and a Steam key? :/

Topware's "DRM" keys are not nearly as bad as they seem. They're a key you "redeem" on the site, and they simply give you an installer to download (some of them are DRM-free, some of them require an activation key). No client, no accounts, no permanent redemption. They're there for you to use whenever the heck you want.

Don't treat these as regular bundle keys, you can redeem them as many times as you want so you really shouldn't go giving these ones away.
Stooner: BundleStars
But where the f is Judge Dredd?
madth3: Discounted at comixology

:-)
Still not the one I want. :)
ggf162: Topware's "DRM" keys are not nearly as bad as they seem. They're a key you "redeem" on the site, and they simply give you an installer to download (some of them are DRM-free, some of them require an activation key). No client, no accounts, no permanent redemption. They're there for you to use whenever the heck you want.

Don't treat these as regular bundle keys, you can redeem them as many times as you want so you really shouldn't go giving these ones away.
But does the bundle really offer Topware keys?
ggf162: Topware's "DRM" keys are not nearly as bad as they seem. They're a key you "redeem" on the site, and they simply give you an installer to download (some of them are DRM-free, some of them require an activation key). No client, no accounts, no permanent redemption. They're there for you to use whenever the heck you want.

Grargar: But does the bundle really offer Topware keys?
I have no idea, I don't have the bundle haha. They have been offered in bundles though (like this one)
Grargar: New Groupees bundle:
And Be Mine 14 next week.
Gothic complete collection for £4.99 on green man gaming

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/rpgs/gothic-complete-collection/#item-s5

Is this a good deal ?

Edit : I remember this possibly being on the last gog sale but I cant remember how much it was..
Post edited August 13, 2014 by CptFandango
CptFandango: Gothic complete collection for £4.99 on green man gaming

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/rpgs/gothic-complete-collection/#item-s5

Is this a good deal ?

Edit : I remember this possibly being on the last gog sale but I cant remember how much it was..
ShinyLoot had it for $6 2.5 months ago. It's the only site that offers the Gothic Collection (alongside Arcania) without regional pricing. Yes, GOG does have all the Gothics, but they will never go together on sale.

As for the summer sale, it didn't have the original Gothic and cost $6.
CptFandango: Gothic complete collection for £4.99 on green man gaming

Is this a good deal ?

Grargar: ShinyLoot had it for $6 2.5 months ago. It's the only site that offers the Gothic Collection (alongside Arcania) without regional pricing. Yes, GOG does have all the Gothics, but they will never go together on sale.

As for the summer sale, it didn't have the original Gothic and cost $6.
Ok cheers for the info :)

Actually, some of those downloads have limited uses, then you'd have to contact Topware to download again. Then there's the activation, which is still annoying.

Spinorial: Actually, some of those downloads have limited uses, then you'd have to contact Topware to download again. Then there's the activation, which is still annoying.
I just got stitched on this for not reading the sales page properly... GMG wants me to now download something called capsule, I don't want any more clients than steam and gog really as that is where my main collections are.

I requested a refund and haven't installed capsule or downloaded the games which I am sure they will be able to confirm. I would even accept store credit but I would be surprised if I get a good outcome. Lesson learned!

Edit : Just got an email. They refunded the purchase despite the issue being my own stupidity. Nice company! :)
Post edited August 13, 2014 by CptFandango
Getcomposted: Has anybody got an opinion on the Creeper World series?
I enjoyed creeper world 1 quite a bit. I left a review on metacritic that pretty much sums up my view. It is fun, good distraction for bursts of play. It's a game where the real challenge is often not in whether you can beat the level, but how quickly or with what strategy. Patience is rewarded in the game for those who like "builder" aspects to strategies - but playing as quickly as possible is harder.

I have the Creeper World 3 downloaded on steam, but haven't played it yet. It looks similar with a few new features.
Yes, GMG usually says you must get a Capsule client to play certain games. It's on the small print though...
That Gothic Deal seems nice. In the last Nordic sale, we had only Gothic 2, 3 and the expansion to 3 on sale, though.
And IIRC, the last bundlestars sale had the original Gothics at a similar price, and the Gothics and Arcanias for like 12 bucks.