It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Erufian: Newegg - Rocksmith 2014 (no cable, Steam code only) for $15 (75% off) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832138366&cm_re=rocksmith-_-32-138-366-_-Product

limited offer expires Sunday night/Monday AM (depending on your time zone)
skeletonbow: This game appears to be offered with or without the special cable to connect a guitar but what I've wondered is does it /require/ the Ubisoft cable or will it work with any digital audio interface one happens to have on their computer
Yes according to their official FAQ.

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/faq/

The reason why they offer a no cable version is for those people who are upgrading from the old Rockstar and still have their old cable. The old cables are compatible with the new version.

Note the cable is also sold separately and retails for $30. So that would make $45 for the code + cable. which is still $18 cheaper than the $62 the code and cable is selling for on Amazon.
ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 24

-Construction Machines 2014 -67%/$3.30 (DRM-Free)
-DROD: The City Beneath -80%/$1.99 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Flatspace IIk -60%/$9.60 (DRM-Free)
-Helicopter Simulator: Search and Rescue -67%/$4.95 (DRM-Free+Steam Key)
-Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -70%/$1.50 (DRM-Free)
-KarBOOM -80%/$2.00 (DRM-Free)
-Mahjong World Contest -75%/$1.25 (DRM-Free)
-Pro Riders Snowboard -75%/$3.75 (DRM-Free)
-Millennium 2 - Take Me Higher -70%/$3.00 (DRM-Free)
-Wildlife Park Tycoon -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free)
skeletonbow: This game appears to be offered with or without the special cable to connect a guitar but what I've wondered is does it /require/ the Ubisoft cable or will it work with any digital audio interface one happens to have on their computer
worlddan: Yes according to their official FAQ.
I have read about "unofficial" ways to get other interfaces to work. Try Bing/Google and it is easy to find.
You may also find reasonably priced (~$26.50) cables on eBay (search for "real tone cable")
worlddan: Yes according to their official FAQ.

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/faq/

The reason why they offer a no cable version is for those people who are upgrading from the old Rockstar and still have their old cable. The old cables are compatible with the new version.

Note the cable is also sold separately and retails for $30. So that would make $45 for the code + cable. which is still $18 cheaper than the $62 the code and cable is selling for on Amazon.
Thanks for the FAQ link. It doesn't quite answer conclusively if my GT-Pro or other arbitrary audio interfaces will work but it is good to know all of these options exist.

Erufian: I have read about "unofficial" ways to get other interfaces to work. Try Bing/Google and it is easy to find.
Ok thanks, an "unofficial" way would probably suit me best from the sound of it. I hate to buy new hardware unnecessarily if I have hardware already that can or should be able to do the job so to speak and the GT-Pro is high end hardware so hopefully the game can be coaxed to work with it when I poke around Google.

One more question to throw out to people who have played the game before - I also own a 7-string guitar (Ibanez RGA7) and am curious if there are any songs that take advantage of 7-string instruments in the game's music catalogue or addon materials? Just curious.
Payday: The Heist $1.49 on Steam (cheapest price historically anywhere)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/24240/
[url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=paydayheist]http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=paydayheist[/url]
innerring: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/28r7n2/amazon_age_of_empires_ii_hd_the_forgotten_dlc_249/

Amazon deal - the page says selling the forgotten expansion only but the key activates the whole package.
Still works :)) Thanks! :)
skeletonbow: Payday: The Heist $1.49 on Steam (cheapest price historically anywhere)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/24240/
[url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=paydayheist]http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=paydayheist[/url]
Thanks for the heads up, I might try that out. Interesting premise for an FPS!
Rakuru: Thanks for the heads up, I might try that out. Interesting premise for an FPS!
Yeah, I've been interested in both Payday games since I first spotted them a year or so ago but this is the first time I noticed one of them dip below my maximum-price-per-game threshhold. :) Now if Payday 2 would come out with a GOTY all-crap-included edition for $2.99 or less I'd be all set. Hehehe.. Well, it'll happen I'm sure, but that might have to wait until Winter sale time or next Spring or... :)
Rakuru: Thanks for the heads up, I might try that out. Interesting premise for an FPS!
skeletonbow: Yeah, I've been interested in both Payday games since I first spotted them a year or so ago but this is the first time I noticed one of them dip below my maximum-price-per-game threshhold. :) Now if Payday 2 would come out with a GOTY all-crap-included edition for $2.99 or less I'd be all set. Hehehe.. Well, it'll happen I'm sure, but that might have to wait until Winter sale time or next Spring or... :)
Heh, yeah I do that too when analyzing a game I'm considering buying. "Eh, it looks like they're still making DLC for this game. Maybe they'll be done and come out with a Complete edition by next year's sale."

Well, let me know if you ever need a co-op partner if the multiplayer is dead. :)
Rakuru: Heh, yeah I do that too when analyzing a game I'm considering buying. "Eh, it looks like they're still making DLC for this game. Maybe they'll be done and come out with a Complete edition by next year's sale."

Well, let me know if you ever need a co-op partner if the multiplayer is dead. :)
Yeah I pretty much just bookmark/wishlist games that have DLC and leave them sit and rot until the DLC hamster wheel is done spinning and they box it all up in a nice shiny box and put it on sale for a coffee and jelly doughnut. :)

I grabbed Payday and also Marlow Briggs which was only $0.99 as well. I'm hoping this is a sign that game prices are going to tank to new lows on these sales in the future and 90% off will be the new 75% off. Hey, I'm morally ok with it if game developers have to get second jobs flipping burgers at Mickey-Ds! ;oP
Rakuru: Heh, yeah I do that too when analyzing a game I'm considering buying. "Eh, it looks like they're still making DLC for this game. Maybe they'll be done and come out with a Complete edition by next year's sale."

skeletonbow: Yeah I pretty much just bookmark/wishlist games that have DLC and leave them sit and rot until the DLC hamster wheel is done spinning and they box it all up in a nice shiny box and put it on sale for a coffee and jelly doughnut. :)

I grabbed Payday and also Marlow Briggs which was only $0.99 as well. I'm hoping this is a sign that game prices are going to tank to new lows on these sales in the future and 90% off will be the new 75% off. Hey, I'm morally ok with it if game developers have to get second jobs flipping burgers at Mickey-Ds! ;oP
We just need to convince a greater percentage of the world's population to buy games. If there are twice as many people buying games then they can halve the prices while still maintaining their revenue. :)

And interesting, I've never even heard of Marlow Briggs before. And it's not even a year old. It looks like it's got a nice cheesy B-action-movie vibe going for it!
I bought Payday:The Heist at last year's winter sale and while it's a good game it's online mode is pretty much dead.The most players online at any given day and time seems to be around 500 at max and it seems like most of them just run the game in the background as there are only 5-10 active games hosted to join in most of the time.Get 3 friends to play with you or otherwise you'll be stuck with bots.
Post edited June 22, 2014 by Mr.Caine
I bought Payday for single-player really... if I end up playing multiplayer it'll be a bonus perhaps but the chances of me finding one of my gaming friends interested in playing it let alone 3 or 4 is probably less than nil. :) Getting any of them to play any game multiplayer these days is almost futile, dodging careers, being Mr. Mom, remodelling their house every 6 months, etc. Crazy sods I tell ya!
:)
skeletonbow: I bought Payday for single-player really... if I end up playing multiplayer it'll be a bonus perhaps but the chances of me finding one of my gaming friends interested in playing it let alone 3 or 4 is probably less than nil. :) Getting any of them to play any game multiplayer these days is almost futile, dodging careers, being Mr. Mom, remodelling their house every 6 months, etc. Crazy sods I tell ya!
Old games having their multiplayer die out is one of the saddest parts of gaming. It's like a reminder of one's own mortality or something. :'(

Whenever you end up getting around to playing it though, give me a nudge if you feel like trying multiplayer. Steam name's the same as the GOG name. :)
skeletonbow: I bought Payday for single-player really... if I end up playing multiplayer it'll be a bonus perhaps but the chances of me finding one of my gaming friends interested in playing it let alone 3 or 4 is probably less than nil. :) Getting any of them to play any game multiplayer these days is almost futile, dodging careers, being Mr. Mom, remodelling their house every 6 months, etc. Crazy sods I tell ya!
Rakuru: Old games having their multiplayer die out is one of the saddest parts of gaming. It's like a reminder of one's own mortality or something. :'(

Whenever you end up getting around to playing it though, give me a nudge if you feel like trying multiplayer. Steam name's the same as the GOG name. :)
I suppose that's true although I've never encountered it myself, but probably because I don't engage much with central multiplayer games too often and it is usually pre-planned with 1-4 of the same known friends most of the time, the same ones that are increasingly not available from above. :) I imagine that Payday 2 might have siphoned off the multiplayer folks perhaps?

I'll keep you in mind if I decide to try out the multiplayer sometime. Might be a while though as my backlog grows exponentially day by day with this crazy buying... LOL