It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lugamo: L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3 still have GameShield in the Steam version.
dyscode: Oh I was hoping your original post also included these games.
Well, too bad for Rockstar, no money from me.
That's why I wanted Steam-free versions. GameShield > GameShield + Steamworks.
dyscode: Oh I was hoping your original post also included these games.
Well, too bad for Rockstar, no money from me.
Lugamo: That's why I wanted Steam-free versions. GameShield > GameShield + Steamworks.
I was always arguing about getting the least DRM-infected version but for the most part that actually appears to have become a bad advise.

I saw quite some games that had activation based DRM migrate to Steam, so that - besides uPlay and Origin - I would not recommend that anymore. Not only because the GfWL debacle but mostly the non-Steam Versions get abandoned and an upgrade from the non-Steam versions is not always possible.

Bioshock 1/2, Batman Arkham Asylum / CIty, Blade Kitten, 40K Warhammer DoW 1, Resident Evil 5/6 (upcoming) and some others.
In the last year I saw quite some non-Steam games with 3rd party DRM in my library just become digital garbage, mostly because of GfWL-closure but not always. For some games, upgrade was possible, for others not. And quite a few Double-DRM Steam games got their nasty 3rd party DRM patched out, Disciples III Reincarnation being the most prominent, in recent times.

Yes, it's complicated and a gamble either ways. But since recently the Steam versions seem the far safer bet.
just my 2c.
Post edited June 01, 2014 by dyscode
This is why ALL DRM must go.
It's pure evil.
trusteft: This is why ALL DRM must go.
It's pure evil.
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 3

-Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge -75%/$2.50 (DRM-Free)
-Doom & Destiny -70%/$1.50 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Drod: Journey to Rooted Hold -80%/$1.99 (DRM-Free)
-Dungeonland -80%/$2.00 (Steam)
-East India Company Gold -75%/$2.50 (Online One Time Key Validation)
-Millennium: A New Hope -80%/$1.20 (DRM-Free)
-MX vs ATV Reflex -75%/$5.00 (Steam)
-Oknytt -80%/$1.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key)
-Rooks Keep -80%/$3.00 (Online One Time Key Validation)
-Stick It To The Man! -67%/$4.95 (DRM-Free+Steam Key)
-The Book of Legends -80%/$3.00 (DRM-Free+Steam Key)
-Undead Legions -70%/$0.60 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
Smannesman: The developer has a very similar name.
briancullen: Is that a no no on this thread?
To be frank, if a developer comes to GOG.com to advertise his own game, I personally would presume the game is also being sold on GOG.com. There are other developers and publishers too who come to advertise their games during GOG.com promos and such, and I think it is widely accepted and even preferred (good customer relations and such), as long the advertiser doesn't try to hide the fact he has a vested interest (e.g. acting as if he is merely a satisfied customer; in your case you are using your real name, which is kinda ok in my eyes).

Now you are merely promoting a GOG.com competitor for your game, on a GOG.com forum. Or has GOG.com possibly declined your game?
Post edited June 01, 2014 by timppu
Grargar: ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 3
*snip*

Buy Oknytt guys!! You shouldn't miss this awesome game for just a measly buck!
Grargar: ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 3
*snip*

Impaler26: Buy Oknytt guys!! You shouldn't miss this awesome game for just a measly buck!
+11
trusteft: This is why ALL DRM must go.
It's pure evil.
Grargar: Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
We need to buy more games on GOG! :)
Post edited June 01, 2014 by dyscode
Impaler26: ... Buy Oknytt guys!! You shouldn't miss this awesome game for just a measly buck!
I'd love to see this on GOG.
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/oknytt
Impaler26: ... Buy Oknytt guys!! You shouldn't miss this awesome game for just a measly buck!
DeMignon: I'd love to see this on GOG.
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/oknytt
Yep, i'd like to see Oknytt on GOG, too! It's a glaring omission in GOG's library and i wonder why it isn't available here.
It is indeed a very unique game.
Thanks for the info on Oknytt, guys!
Indeed, thanks for the Oknytt mentions, they convinced me to buy instead of continuing to overlook it, which I'd done quite a few times before now. :)
Post edited June 01, 2014 by chean
Ok, ok... (buying Oknytt)
Impaler26: Buy Oknytt guys!! You shouldn't miss this awesome game for just a measly buck!
dyscode: +11
Grargar: Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
dyscode: We need to buy more games on GOG! :)
You don't have to tell me :)
Almost all the money I had available to spend on anything fun (around 50 euros total in the last 7 months - unemployment sucks) went to GOG games.