It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Foxhack: Apparently Indie Gala now ties itself to your Steam account like Humble does. And it's kinda buggy according to Reddit...
Really? This is new.. must have started in this one. Thanks!
Foxhack: Apparently Indie Gala now ties itself to your Steam account like Humble does. And it's kinda buggy according to Reddit...
Stooner: Really? This is new.. must have started in this one. Thanks!
Yeah - http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/VxbHo/indie-gala-every-monday-bundle-8-rip-steam-keys/page/31337
Thanks. Btw, in other news, you must have loved this bundle, right?
Yes, it started with this bundle.

The sale was halted for a short while, and then resumed. I suppose they used that time to fix the key redemption issues. I redeemed two Steam keys from this bundle without problems.
triock: Yeah - http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/VxbHo/indie-gala-every-monday-bundle-8-rip-steam-keys/page/31337
That's regrettable. Part of the fun of buying the bundles was giving away the keys to the games I don't want. I'd actually think that the game publishers would prefer giving away their games because at least that way the game is getting exposure instead of sitting in an inventory, unplayed.

Seriously, I already have a huge backlog of games and the last thing I want is even more games in my Steam inventory that I know I will never play.
blotunga: Not yet another shop... Why does every publisher insist on having their own shop?
- Higher margins at same price if you get sufficient people to overcome the fixed costs
- Direct access to customers e.g. to tell past customers who bought Men of War: Assault Squad that Men of War: Assault Squad has been released
- Publisher can do more and experiment, e.g. no middleman (game store) checks the conditions of your pre-order offer (interest-free loan)
Stooner: Thanks. Btw, in other news, you must have loved this bundle, right?
Yep. ;)

edit: Although I already had 4 games in this bundle, but will use them in my next GA.
worlddan: That's regrettable. Part of the fun of buying the bundles was giving away the keys to the games I don't want. I'd actually think that the game publishers would prefer giving away their games because at least that way the game is getting exposure instead of sitting in an inventory, unplayed.

Seriously, I already have a huge backlog of games and the last thing I want is even more games in my Steam inventory that I know I will never play.
You can gift the games you don't want in the similar way as HB.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by triock
triock: You can gift the games you don't want in the similar way as HB.
Please explain. I haven't bought a Humble bundle in years but I recall reading on this forum that it was no longer possible to gift Humble games individually.
worlddan: Please explain. I haven't bought a Humble bundle in years but I recall reading on this forum that it was no longer possible to gift Humble games individually.
To gift a Steam key from your purchase page, follow these steps:
1) On "Your games" section, click on the gift icon located to the right of the Steam key you want to gift. 2) You will get a special gift link to provide to the recipient. 3) Don't redeem the gift if you open the link, just give the url to the recipient. 4) When the recipient will redeem the gift, upon e-mail confirmation, he will get a download page with the single key you decided to gift to him.

https://www.indiegala.com/faq
worlddan: ...I recall reading on this forum that it was no longer possible to gift Humble games individually.
That's only the case for certain of the Humble Bundles (The Deep Silver bundle last week caused a lot of discussion which may be what you're referring to, it only had 1 key per tier), most of them still give individual keys.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by chean
worlddan: Please explain. I haven't bought a Humble bundle in years but I recall reading on this forum that it was no longer possible to gift Humble games individually.
triock: To gift a Steam key from your purchase page, follow these steps:
1) On "Your games" section, click on the gift icon located to the right of the Steam key you want to gift. 2) You will get a special gift link to provide to the recipient. 3) Don't redeem the gift if you open the link, just give the url to the recipient. 4) When the recipient will redeem the gift, upon e-mail confirmation, he will get a download page with the single key you decided to gift to him.

Huh. Someone posted in the Reddit thread that the Steam keys don't show up. Have you actually tried this yourself?
worlddan: Huh. Someone posted in the Reddit thread that the Steam keys don't show up. Have you actually tried this yourself?
Yeah, I read something about keys not showing up, but I redeemed 1 game to my acc. and converted the rest to gift links.
triock: To gift a Steam key from your purchase page, follow these steps:

worlddan: Huh. Someone posted in the Reddit thread that the Steam keys don't show up. Have you actually tried this yourself?
I bought the Humble bundle yesterday because some of the games looked fun and I wanted to test the system. A window popped up with the name of the games and when you click on to redeem your key a Steam window opened that required log in information. Once I did this I clicked every game and redeemed the key of every game. I never saw the keys but the games ended up in my games library on Steam. I haven't installed them yet though.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by CatintheHeat
CatintheHeat: I bought the Humble bundle yesterday because some of the games looked fun and I wanted to test the system. A window popped up with the name of the games and when you click on to redeem your key a Steam window opened that required log in information. Once I did this I clicked every game and redeemed the key of every game. I never saw the keys but the games ended up in my games library on Steam. I haven't installed them yet though.
To gift a Humble Bundle Steam key you need to follow these instructions:
http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1356336-gifting-steam-keys
You still won't see the key (unless you make it a gift and then redeem it yourself, perhaps), but that method does work.
Post edited May 19, 2014 by chean
Monday indie Gala for $1 for the next 22 hours:

Vanguard Princess
99 Spirits
Human Tanks I War of the Human Tanks
Ether Vapor Remaster
dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~
Heileen (ON GREENLIGHT)
Bionic Heart (ON GREENLIGHT)
Eve Burst Error