It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

retsuseiba: Steam daily: The War Z
bansama: And what a surprise! It's the number 1 best seller. No wonder that $90 alpha is the number 4 best seller. People will buy any old shite on Steam these days.
The War Z is a top seller....WTF. Did most gamers recently become insane? What, did they start putting shit in energy drinks and other high caffeine drinks that make people want to flush their money down toilets?
Post edited June 16, 2013 by langurmonkey
bansama: And what a surprise! It's the number 1 best seller. No wonder that $90 alpha is the number 4 best seller. People will buy any old shite on Steam these days.
langurmonkey: The War Z is a top seller....WTF. Did most gamers recently become insane? What, did they start putting shit in energy drinks and other high caffeine drinks that make people want to flush their money down toilets?
I noticed that as well. Are there that many people who haven't heard all the bad reports on that mess? I don't care how cheap it gets, I will not play it. Steam should remove it.
83 EUR for planetary annihilation early access... wat da fak...
keeveek: 83 EUR for planetary annihilation early access... wat da fak...
There are cheaper options. The option you speak of is just for the fan boys.
langurmonkey: There are cheaper options.
Not for the current early access. It's $90 or nothing. Yes, a few months down the line it *may* be offered at a cheaper price. but right now, it's $90 or nothing.
langurmonkey: There are cheaper options.
bansama: Not for the current early access. It's $90 or nothing. Yes, a few months down the line it *may* be offered at a cheaper price. but right now, it's $90 or nothing.
Doesn't matter to me at all. I'm commenting on the early access option and it's way overpriced imho.

Right now, I decided I will not pay for this game more than 5 bucks, because I don't support their policy.
keeveek: Doesn't matter to me at all. I'm commenting on the early access option and it's way overpriced imho.

Right now, I decided I will not pay for this game more than 5 bucks, because I don't support their policy.
As I understand it, $90 was the tier of their kickstarter that included early alpha access as a reward. So they're probably setting the price there to make sure their KS backers don't feel "burned" that they paid a higher price than those who bought in later.

That's not to say that I agree with the pricing, just that there's probably a rationale behind it.
Azilut: That's not to say that I agree with the pricing, just that there's probably a rationale behind it.
The rationale is "we want more monies but we can't make the price lower"

Meaning - they don't want to rip off the backers, they want to rip off the others :P
Azilut: That's not to say that I agree with the pricing, just that there's probably a rationale behind it.
keeveek: The rationale is "we want more monies but we can't make the price lower"

Meaning - they don't want to rip off the backers, they want to rip off the others :P
*shrug* Maybe. Or maybe they just didn't think through the implications when setting the kickstarter tiers. Regardless, the only salient point from my perspective is that I ain't buying at that price. :p
bansama: Not for the current early access. It's $90 or nothing. Yes, a few months down the line it *may* be offered at a cheaper price. but right now, it's $90 or nothing.
keeveek: Doesn't matter to me at all. I'm commenting on the early access option and it's way overpriced imho.

Considering your a cheapass who wont pay for FM2013 even when its $15...... ;)
nijuu: Considering your a cheapass who wont pay for FM2013 even when its $15...... ;)
Try to live for 400 bucks a month and come back with your wisdom.

Considering how much I earn on part time jobs, I spend proportionally much more money on games than you.

10 bucks for me is probably like 50 bucks for you.
Post edited June 16, 2013 by keeveek
nijuu: Considering your a cheapass who wont pay for FM2013 even when its $15...... ;)
keeveek: Try to live for 400 bucks a month and come back with your wisdom.

Considering how much I earn on part time jobs, I spend proportionally much more money on games than you.

10 bucks for me is probably like 50 bucks for you.
Probably not a good idea to mention this as i haven't had a job for 6 months and im living on social security and borrowing small bits from family :). so in theory my ability to spend on anything is probably less than yours right now :).
Post edited June 16, 2013 by nijuu
nijuu: Probably not a good idea to mention this as i haven't had a job for 6 months and im living on social security and borrowing small bits from family :). so in theory my ability to spend is probably less than yours right now :).
So you understand this, so why are you calling me a cheapass?

If I bought a game for full price, I would have to starve for a week.

I wish I could spend 50 bucks on a new game and don't even feel it. I don't earn much, but for most of the people in Poland, 50-60 EUR for a game is like 10% of the salary. 10 freaking percent for a single game.

The difference between 10 and 15 bucks for me is few days eating only rice and bread. Especially now, when I have to print and hardcover my thesis, pay for diploma, pay for photos to the diploma and few other things.
Post edited June 16, 2013 by keeveek
nijuu: Probably not a good idea to mention this as i haven't had a job for 6 months and im living on social security and borrowing small bits from family :). so in theory my ability to spend is probably less than yours right now :).
keeveek: So you understand this, so why are you calling me a cheapass?

If I bought a game for full price, I would have to starve for a week.

I wish I could spend 50 bucks on a new game and don't even feel it. I don't earn much, but for most of the people in Poland, 50-60 EUR for a game is like 10% of the salary. 10 freaking percent for a single game.

The difference between 10 and 15 bucks for me is few days eating only rice and bread.
i was teasing you buddy ;). forgot the wink hahaha...
nijuu: i was teasing you buddy ;). forgot the wink hahaha...
I'm not in the mood :P