It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nijuu: Argh! TDU is other DRM...
mighty.ape.acct: Yeah, what the hell is 'other DRM' exactly?
For GG it tends to mean some sort of activation key. All the major DRM's are listed by name (StarfoForce, Steam, Origin and so on). When it says "other DRM" in 90% of the cases it is some sort of priority key check, it can be a online check, or offline.
nijuu: Argh! TDU is other DRM...
mighty.ape.acct: Yeah, what the hell is 'other DRM' exactly?
From my experience with GamersGate, "Other DRM" often means something like a CD key (e.g. Nevrwinter Nights Diamond has "Other DRM" because you need a key for multiplayer; but it could also be an offline registration key, which I don't consider DRM in the strict sense). No guarantees though. EDIT: Whoops, ninja'd by amok!

Oh, btw, I just noticed that GG currently sells NWN Diamond for 3 Euros. EDIT: Maybe part of the aforementioned Bioware sale?
Post edited April 19, 2013 by Leroux
mighty.ape.acct: Gamefly.com has Bioware games on sale

Mass Effect 1 & 2 $4.99 each
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Dragon Age 1 & 2 $4.99 each
All showing for sale in US and Canada only

But, Jade Empire Special Edition at $4.99 available most regions (including NZ)

Gamefly on sale

edit:
GamersGate has Test Drive Unlimited 2 for $5.00 on Daily Deal
If someone wants ME1 or ME2 I still have both to give away for 4000BC each on my GamersGatea account.
dyscode: If someone wants ME1 or ME2 I still have both to give away for 4000BC each on my GamersGatea account.
I don't understand. You'll trade them if someone gives you 4000 BC? I didn't know you could trade coins between members.
dyscode: If someone wants ME1 or ME2 I still have both to give away for 4000BC each on my GamersGatea account.
BlueMooner: I don't understand. You'll trade them if someone gives you 4000 BC? I didn't know you could trade coins between members.
You can buy blue coins separately, and give them to people.
http://se.gamersgate.com/bluecoins
BlueMooner: I don't understand. You'll trade them if someone gives you 4000 BC? I didn't know you could trade coins between members.
As AFnord said. You can gift BC during the check out process but you cannot transfer BC you have.
So did anyone end up buying TDU 2 from GG ?
What's the DRM of Jade Empire?
BlueMooner: So it doesn't require a connection to play?
Mass Effects 1 and 2 only need the client to download. I think the first one needs an internet connection on the first run, otherwise neither need a connection or the client.

3 is, like StingingVelvet said, basically Originworks. That needs the client open, and while the game itself will run in offline mode after searching for a connection, none of the DLC will.
Rohan15: What's the DRM of Jade Empire?
Doesn't gamefly have some kind of client of it's own?
Rohan15: What's the DRM of Jade Empire?
Profanity: Doesn't gamefly have some kind of client of it's own?
It does but the games I have purchased were Steam games. Not sure if this one installed via Steam or via Gamefly.
PenutBrittle: Mass Effects 1 and 2 only need the client to download. I think the first one needs an internet connection on the first run, otherwise neither need a connection or the client.

3 is, like StingingVelvet said, basically Originworks. That needs the client open, and while the game itself will run in offline mode after searching for a connection, none of the DLC will.
Thanks Brittle, and you guys, I appreciate the help. I can stomach a one-time activation, but not a constant connection. So I guess I'll have to wait a year or two for ME3 to be "turned off". Looking at all the deals floating around, I think I'm going to go with

$4 for ME 1 from Dyscode
$5 for Jade Empire SE (Gamefly has no info on DRM, or when their sale ends. Boo!) >:(
$5 for ME 2 + Shadowgrounds from IndieGala

I know you're unhappy with IGs political support, and I agree, it's inappropriate. However, i don't think the forty-three cents of mine that reaches him will do all that much. I want to be neighborly though Brittle and show some contrition, so I'll give you a +1 to help with the bad taste in your mouth.

FYI, I'm sure that the local media have no clue about this. You could always give them a ring and let them know about the politician's involvement with IG, as well as your gvmt agency that handles electioneering.
BlueMooner: FYI, I'm sure that the local media have no clue about this. You could always give them a ring and let them know about the politician's involvement with IG, as well as your gvmt agency that handles electioneering.
No worries, pal. I'm waiting on an email reply from BC Elections, that should clear up whether or not the Gala is legally sound.
mighty.ape.acct: Gamefly.com has Bioware games on sale

Mass Effect 1 & 2 $4.99 each
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Dragon Age 1 & 2 $4.99 each
All showing for sale in US and Canada only

But, Jade Empire Special Edition at $4.99 available most regions (including NZ)

Gamefly on sale

edit:
GamersGate has Test Drive Unlimited 2 for $5.00 on Daily Deal
Mass Effect 3 price has doubled for me. I bought it for £3 but now it is more like £7. I
Did you apply the rebate code listed a page or two earlier Strider?

And I just did a trade with Dyscode everybody. Trade successful.