It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rodrolliv: Does anybody know how IG works in regards of DRM free games, like Pathologic or The Abbey in this case? I assume that for the Steam/Desura stuff they'll send you keys.
Probably It's only a download link...

Also, Pathologic is on Desura. Maybe they'll add the key later...
Post edited March 05, 2013 by Stooner
rodrolliv: Does anybody know how IG works in regards of DRM free games, like Pathologic or The Abbey in this case? I assume that for the Steam/Desura stuff they'll send you keys.
Check this pic:
Attachments:
gala.jpg (113 Kb)
GamersGate's Daily Deal is "Sleeping Dogs" with a 70% discount. The gangsters scenario doesn't interest me at all, but I've heard the game is reasonably popular, so it might be a good deal for the people who are more into this type of game than I am.

You can get the Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition for 12 $

or the Sleepind Dogs Limited Edition for 9 £.

(DRM is Steamworks, as for all versions of this game.)
Psyringe: The gangsters scenario doesn't interest me at all,
If you mean playing one as in GTA you might want to know Sleeping Dogs has you playing a cop.
StingingVelvet: If you mean playing one as in GTA you might want to know Sleeping Dogs has you playing a cop.
Well an undercover cop ;)
StingingVelvet: If you mean playing one as in GTA you might want to know Sleeping Dogs has you playing a cop.
Thanks for the info, I actually didn't realize that (shame on me). Indeed, for GTA4, the "being a gangster", and the cruel, violent and inhumane actions that the game forced me to perform, were one of the reasons why I just couldn't tolerate playing it beyond the first chapter. Playing a cop in a similar scenario still doesn't make the scenario itself more interesting for me, but could lead to a story that doesn't turn me off so strongly. So, thanks for correcting my misconception! :)
Psyringe: Thanks for the info, I actually didn't realize that (shame on me). Indeed, for GTA4, the "being a gangster", and the cruel, violent and inhumane actions that the game forced me to perform, were one of the reasons why I just couldn't tolerate playing it beyond the first chapter. Playing a cop in a similar scenario still doesn't make the scenario itself more interesting for me, but could lead to a story that doesn't turn me off so strongly. So, thanks for correcting my misconception! :)
I think that stuff is much more limited in GTA if you only do missions and not random chaos, but you're right there is still a lot of evil shit going on. I haven't played Sleeping Dogs to compare, sadly, I just know you're a cop so surely it can't be that bad, right? I dunno.

This reminds me of people who can't enjoy games like Pulp Fiction because the main characters are evil scum. It never turns me off, but I understand the feeling.
Psyringe: Indeed, for GTA4, the "being a gangster", and the cruel, violent and inhumane actions that the game forced me to perform, were one of the reasons why I just couldn't tolerate playing it beyond the first chapter.
I used to have the same problem with playing evil characters in RPGs when I was younger. Just couldn't bring myself to choose the "evil" options.

Eventually I realized that they're just games and picking the evil way in a game does not carry over to real life.
You play as a seriously fucked up undercover cop.
The execution scenes are as gruesome as the ones in the Punisher game. IIRC, devs from the Punisher game actually worked on Sleeping Dogs.

Sleeping Dogs has Need for Speed-like driving, Assassin's Creed-lite free running (though no climbing on structures), combat that is reminiscent of the Batman games, except less mobile and more, well, honestly more visceral, shooting mechanics right out of a John Woo movie, and pretty good voice acting.

Also a karaoke minigame with mechanics similar to Rock Band. It is all in all a great game and a great experience, but it does get really, really fucking brutal.
Psyringe: Indeed, for GTA4, the "being a gangster", and the cruel, violent and inhumane actions that the game forced me to perform, were one of the reasons why I just couldn't tolerate playing it beyond the first chapter.
Jonni: I used to have the same problem with playing evil characters in RPGs when I was younger. Just couldn't bring myself to choose the "evil" options.

Eventually I realized that they're just games and picking the evil way in a game does not carry over to real life.
I actually have no problem playing "evil" characters in fantasy settings, or in settings that offer you a choice. In Skyrim my "evil" bosmer thief/assassin was arguably more fun than my "heroic" altmer mage. I play many games with "evil" characters and enjoy them. However, GTA4 is a special case in several regards:

1. Its setting clearly tries to mimick the real, nowaday world, so it has a much stronger connection to real life than a fantasy, scifi, or even historical scenarios, to the point that I can't brush it off anymore with the "It's just a game" notion.

2. Despite being touted as an open world game, it offers you very little choice with regard to your actions. In one side mission, you have to shoot an unarmed passive man in the knee just to make a point of a threat. You have no choice about this - you cannot choose to give a warning shot, or to resolve the situation (which has your ally in full control, mind you, there's no threat _to you_ at all) by any other means. You can't even use fists. You can't even leave the situation. The game simply instructs on the screen "Shoot the man in the knee", and you have to do exactly what the game says and incapacitate this man's leg for weeks, just because the game forces you to make a particular point in one particular way.

In another scene, the game forces you to execute another unarmed, passive man, after he's already given up, by putting a gun to his eye and pulling the trigger. You are then "rewarded" by a slow motion cutscene which shows the blood bursting out of the victim's head. This scene is mandatory, you have no choice about it - if you want to progress in the game, you have to play it out in exactly this way. The game tries to give some justification for this cruel and violent murder by painting the victim as an "evil" man who "wouldn't stop harrassing" the main character's cousin, but you can see how such a "justification" is pretty problematic in a game that forces you to commit similarly evil deeds yourself, right?

3. The game not only forces you to commit rather heinous acts, it also permanently demonstrates you that these acts have no negative consequences whatsoever. Crash other people's cars? The police won't even take notice unless you hit their own cars. Mow down pedestrians with your vehicle? Drive 2 minutes out of range of the police, and all is forgotten. Kill harmless, defenseless walkers on the open street? Same, just spend a minute outside of the police's immediate reach.

Taken together, all this has a message painted all over the game that I just can't tolerate while playing. If other people can, that's fine, I certainly won't tell them which games to (not) enjoy, and certainly won't blame them for enjoying something that I can't and really don't want to enjoy. But nothing of that changes the fact I find that particular game disgusting, due to the reasons listed above.

Anyway. That's probably, for this thread, a way too detailed discussion that's even off-topic since GTA4 is not even on sale. It's just that GTA4 in particular gives me the urge to step on my soapbox. But I'm finished now, move along. ;)
Post edited March 06, 2013 by Psyringe
Some GoW deals coming to EU PSN within hours
We’re very happy to announce that as of today Wednesday 6th March, for one week only, the PlayStation Store is bringing you a minimum of 50% off a range of classic titles from the God of War franchise.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/03/06/big-god-of-war-savings-on-ps-store-this-week/
Luisfius: ...
And there's also Not Ping. :3
Get Go Games has

80% off Darksiders II - now $9.99
http://getgamesgo.com/product/darksiders-ii

80% off Serious Sam Series
http://getgamesgo.com/category/serious-sam-and-hotline-miami-sale

50% off Hotline Miami now $4.94
http://getgamesgo.com/product/hotline-miami

Oh and Fester Mudd pre orders for $8.99 ;)
Psyringe: Taken together, all this has a message painted all over the game that I just can't tolerate while playing. If other people can, that's fine, I certainly won't tell them which games to (not) enjoy, and certainly won't blame them for enjoying something that I can't and really don't want to enjoy. But nothing of that changes the fact I find that particular game disgusting, due to the reasons listed above.
Then you should try The Saboteur. You will kick, punch, shoot, incinerate, drive over, and blow up a regiment worth of occupying forces and associated locals, and destroy half the structures in the game by the end. But everything is all right, since its all justified by the simple fact that they are NAZIS, and you are working with the resistance. ^^
£3/3$ at GameFly now with GFDMAR20UK (UK) / GFDMAR20 (ROW) code
Post edited March 06, 2013 by p_mamusz
http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Sleeping-Dogs---Limited-Edition-3218-13.html

£10.50

Bonus :

DLC 1: 'Georges St-Pierre (GSP)'
• GSP’s signature “flying punch”
• Exclusive GSP outfit including T-shirts, headband and shorts
• The GSP outfit unlocks the “flying punch” and increases grappling and throwing damage

DLC 2: 'Police Protection'
• Exclusive “High Speed” Mission which includes:
• Exclusive HK Police SWAT Outfit
• Exclusive assault rifle
• Exclusive SWAT Police Vehicle