It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nijuu: Is DR2 or DR2 OTR the better game if one doesnt want to buy the complete pack?
OTR added checkpoints and a new area, I would guess it is the way to go. They're the same game at heart.
nijuu: Is DR2 or DR2 OTR the better game if one doesnt want to buy the complete pack?
StingingVelvet: OTR added checkpoints and a new area, I would guess it is the way to go. They're the same game at heart.
If I have DR2 do I want OTR for 9-ish bucks?
orcishgamer: If I have DR2 do I want OTR for 9-ish bucks?
If you really like DR2. I'm considering it myself, it's $7.50 on its own. Not having checkpoints was one of my biggest issues with DR2 so it feels almost worth it for that.
Anno 1404 Gold is for $5 on GMG. Anyone knows why this isn't avaible on steam?
keeveek: Anno 1404 Gold is for $5 on GMG. Anyone knows why this isn't avaible on steam?
Ubisoft refused to provide a critical patch.
Luisfius: Ubisoft refused to provide a critical patch.
And this is the reason why this isn't avaible on Ubishop too? Well...

I have only the base game, retail. I would buy Anno 1404 Gold on steam if possible. Btw. what's the critical bug, then?
Post edited March 05, 2013 by keeveek
dyscode: GG daily is Surpreme Commander 2 for €3.74, Steam.

Also the Legacy of Kain seris is 75% down. All of them are Steam:
Soul Reaver 1 €$1.80
Soul Reaver 2 €$1.80
Legacy Of Kain Defiance €$3

and all 3 of them as Legacy of Kain Collection for €$4.50
That is quite a steal.

Major Mayhem is 66% off on Desura, $1.69 for the next 170hrs. has a 8.8 Rating
Reever: How long will the Legacy of Kain promo last? Couldn't find any deadline.
And do you guys think I should get myself Steam? I'm not really the gamer type, but I do want to get DX:HR anyway and it seems games nowadays are glued to some sort of client one way or another -.-"
In the GamersGate Email they say SoulReaver MIDweek, so I guess Friday.
About Steam, it`s bite or die.
You won't get to play DX:HR any other way. Well, maybe in 10 years when it comes to GOG ;)

Some games you should NOT get on Steam like Batman Arkham City or Max Payne 3 because the have an additinal 3rd Party DRM and activation limit. So if you run out of activation and want to buy it new you need an new account, since Steam will NEVER remove a game-license from you library. While GamersGate will provide you with a new serial key, since it only uses the original DRM.
Just some thoughts.

PS:
Today on GamersGate is War of the Human Tanks Deluxe (incl. Soundtrack) for €$3.

And for our Adventure Gamers:

Knights in Shining Armor: Our King's Tale Episode 1 for €$2.04
for the price it seems ok.

Reversion Meeting is 50% off €2.49 and on Desura. Sounds like Momento turned into a game.

Also SpyLeak if 50% off for €1.
Post edited March 05, 2013 by dyscode
Reever: How long will the Legacy of Kain promo last? Couldn't find any deadline.
Until Thursday, 8:00 am GMT.
Psyringe: Until Thursday, 8:00 am GMT.
Yes, it did not say weeklong but MidWeek sale. corrected that :)

Also there are some nice indiegala Sales:

Hamlet is $2 ($1 with Galapoints!), Steam
and the
The AquaNox Bundle
$2 for Genesis Rising and $4 incl Aquanox 1 and 2, all Steam.
Runs for another day.
Eat My Dust Racing Bundle

http://indiebundle.org/racing-bundle/

The three games offered look pretty good even if not Flat Out quality.
dyscode: Some games you should NOT get on Steam like Batman Arkham City or Max Payne 3 because the have an additinal 3rd Party DRM and activation limit. So if you run out of activation and want to buy it new you need an new account, since Steam will NEVER remove a game-license from you library. While GamersGate will provide you with a new serial key, since it only uses the original DRM.
Just some thoughts.
I probably missed the discussion on this, but: How does Steam support react when you ask for additional activations?

keeveek: Btw. what's the critical bug [in Anno 1404], then?
I'd be interested to hear this, as well. The deal looks great, but I don't want to bother with GMG stuff.
Luisfius: Ubisoft refused to provide a critical patch.
keeveek: And this is the reason why this isn't avaible on Ubishop too? Well...

I have only the base game, retail. I would buy Anno 1404 Gold on steam if possible. Btw. what's the critical bug, then?
It took a bit of research just now (I have a hard copy) but apparently when UPlay was introduced Ubi did the cheeky thing that EA did and proceeded to continue patching all versions of 1404 with exception of Steam's.
dyscode: Some games you should NOT get on Steam like Batman Arkham City or Max Payne 3 because the have an additinal 3rd Party DRM and activation limit. So if you run out of activation and want to buy it new you need an new account, since Steam will NEVER remove a game-license from you library. While GamersGate will provide you with a new serial key, since it only uses the original DRM.
Just some thoughts.
etna87: I probably missed the discussion on this, but: How does Steam support react when you ask for additional activations?

keeveek: Btw. what's the critical bug [in Anno 1404], then?
etna87: I'd be interested to hear this, as well. The deal looks great, but I don't want to bother with GMG stuff.
Look above - If you have a non-Steam copy I don't think you have to worry.
Post edited March 05, 2013 by carnival73
So, seems like ArmA 3 is going the alpha funding way.
Store
The alpha is currently available for €24.99/$32.99/£19.99 and is available until the beta comes out (Q2 2013).

So it's about half price, if you already know you want the game.
etna87: I probably missed the discussion on this, but: How does Steam support react when you ask for additional activations?
They tell you to ask the publisher, they only sell the game they don't support it. Steam likes to claim they're a service when it suits them and then a simple seller when it suits them.
Just some thoughts.
Steam does not provide add. activations because they have no control over the 3rd party DRM. eg. Games4Windows Live, Gameshield, ACT, SecuRom, whatever.
Pure Steam DRM itself, doesn't limit the number of installs or on how many different computers you install, as long as only 1 instance of the is running at a time. (of course in Offline mode you could run several copies as long as they don`t use any online features)
You CAN try to appeal to the original Developer/Publisher to reset your activation count.
MOST of the time Steam mentions the use of 3rd Party DRM on their page but sometimes they don't.
There was quite some upheaval recently with "Of Orcs and Man" which was hiding the use of a draconic 3rd Party DRM on Steam.
One can never be too careful, these days.

But in your case DX:HR is safe and 99.5% of the other games on Steam also.