It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: That's if they can even prove that both accounts are the same person.
amok: no, they can remove games from different price zones, not matter who the accounts belong to.
They can take away games other people gifted to others, even if it was done with no ill intent? That sucks, if true.
amok: no, they can remove games from different price zones, not matter who the accounts belong to.
GameRager: They can take away games other people gifted to others, even if it was done with no ill intent? That sucks, if true.
It is apparently true. It happens very rarely, but there has been cases where this have been said to have been done. I have not seen any evidence yet, but I think a caution is in order. If a game is suspected to have been gained by not so... normal... means, Valve can, and have, removed them.
It's not like they don't know you're getting around region locks. It's not like region locks exist for no reason.
StingingVelvet: It's not like they don't know you're getting around region locks. It's not like region locks exist for no reason.
If you mask your identity how can they tell the difference between one person using two accounts to get cheaper games and someone gifting a game legitimately to a friend in another country?
GameRager: If you mask your identity how can they tell the difference between one person using two accounts to get cheaper games and someone gifting a game legitimately to a friend in another country?
I don't work at Valve so I can't comment on specifics or how they know what. All I do know is I find it amusing that people are baffled as to why Valve would want to enforce rules they and the publishers created for a reason.

Whether we should be one happy borderless world or not, we aren't one.
StingingVelvet: It's not like they don't know you're getting around region locks. It's not like region locks exist for no reason.
GameRager: If you mask your identity how can they tell the difference between one person using two accounts to get cheaper games and someone gifting a game legitimately to a friend in another country?
I guess it is a matter of quantity. If it happens once in a blue moon, they won't really notice, but if they see someone doing it repeatedly, then it might be a cause for concern. Also, if it is done from an entirely empty account, I guess that increases the risk of them noticing.
Can someone tell me if Defender's Quest has been included in recent GOG indie gem promo? (search function didn't work)

I'm planning to get it on sale. But if the game already been on sale recently, i assume it might take a while before it's on sale again. So i can plan my spending better, or spend it on something else.

ps: This is not a hint for anybody to gift me the game. I really want to know and would love to pay good money for the game.
wormholewizards: Can someone tell me if Defender's Quest has been included in recent GOG indie gem promo?
?
wormholewizards: Can someone tell me if Defender's Quest has been included in recent GOG indie gem promo? (search function didn't work)
[url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=defendersquest]http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=defendersquest[/url]
mount and blade collection is half off on gamestop. $18
amazon for 15(but no neapolitan).

what are their drms like couldn't find info on amazon. they don't sell a securom version or something do they?
Post edited February 28, 2013 by pseudonarne
wormholewizards: Can someone tell me if Defender's Quest has been included in recent GOG indie gem promo? (search function didn't work)
It was on gog gem promo one month ago (23rd January), so near promo is quite unlikely.
GameRager: They can take away games other people gifted to others, even if it was done with no ill intent? That sucks, if true.
amok: It is apparently true. It happens very rarely, but there has been cases where this have been said to have been done. I have not seen any evidence yet, but I think a caution is in order. If a game is suspected to have been gained by not so... normal... means, Valve can, and have, removed them.
Thats why im not willing to risk it when it comes to buying from Steam.
Thanks for the replies and messages. Really like the game, spent over an hour on the demo. Possibly the longest i ever spend for a demo. But for that price i could get couple of quality GOGs. Bit frugal at the moment.
pseudonarne: mount and blade collection is half off on gamestop. $18
amazon for 15(but no neapolitan).

what are their drms like?
M&B warband is $10 on Amazon and, when I bought it, had no DRM. I imagine Gamestop uses their Impulse client.
Gamefly has a Steam version of Jagged Alliance: Back in Action for $9.99