It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A royale occasion. 4FSX
nijuu: So .co.uk is worldwide and .com us only?
I cant always get access to co.uk either. Sometimes redirects to .com
I *think* i got the DA page at co.uk yesterday, however it showed 100% and no buy button. Today it lets me try both....
Technically, co.uk EA games are UK only. But GamersGate can sell them worldwide as long as they don't advertise them outside the UK. This is why you may find banners leading to the US versions. If you see 100% off showing, you're looking at the US version of the game.

To ensure you find the UK versions, you should search for EA UK or Electronic Arts UK on the co.uk site.
Zangtesu: Yep I meant that. Because of that I doubt the game will get the same price as last year. But the game is fairly cheap by now for the amount of hours it gives you.
You think pirates act on a basis "ooh, I can't download it, so I will pay 40 bucks for it"?

And I know, I know, 15 bucks is a great price for this game, but as I've said, it's beyond my reach.
Why do people try to get games using such methods? (proxy, VPN or europeans buying from Amazon with US adresses). I mean, wouldn't be more logical to just download the games from Pirate Bay? Even if you pay that discounted price, it's still not legit, so what's the point? (not that I encourage someone to pirate games).

BTW, I understand that in US there in no VAT. Is there other tax that a person should pay? (something like firms do, revenues-costs=profit, that is taxed by a certain procent?).
GabiMoro: Why do people try to get games using such methods? (proxy, VPN or europeans buying from Amazon with US adresses). I mean, wouldn't be more logical to just download the games from Pirate Bay? Even if you pay that discounted price, it's still not legit, so what's the point? (not that I encourage someone to pirate games).

BTW, I understand that in US there in no VAT. Is there other tax that a person should pay? (something like firms do, revenues-costs=profit, that is taxed by a certain procent?).
Because certain publishers artificially charge higher prices than they should be for certain regions in my case Australia. Origin prices for games to Australians are close to $80+ retail, when in US its close to around half that. And thats considering the exchange rates are on par (have been for a few years now). Steam has similar practices but not as bad now - its because retailers here complained and complained so Steam keeps prices for certain games at an unfair level ie $70- $80. Prices should have come down years ago but hasnt. So some of use look for alternative ways to get a fairer price. Hence using VPN etc. Who said it isnt legit?. We are still paying for a game albeit at a more fairer price imho.
GabiMoro: Why do people try to get games using such methods? (proxy, VPN or europeans buying from Amazon with US adresses). I mean, wouldn't be more logical to just download the games from Pirate Bay? Even if you pay that discounted price, it's still not legit, so what's the point? (not that I encourage someone to pirate games).

In the case of Amazon you dont screw over the publisher/developer/distributor, since you are paying for the product, just your own country with the tax evasion. And even then people dont do that just because of the tax, but shitty regional pricing politics, and simply better discounts(if Amazon.de had the same DVG sale but with VAT applied they still would sell a gazillion copies like Amazon.com does).

Btw for Europeans with the 20% GamersGate discount: Bioshock Infinite preorder + Bioshock for ~21000BLC/21USD

So there are a shitton of Bioshock Infinite preorder discounts, but GamersGates has probably the best offer. Their co.uk offer would normally consist of a BI Preorder with Industrial Revolution DLC + Bioshock 1 + £20 2K game of your choice(all of them were and will be heavily discounted for like 5USD so i dont think its worth it, definitely not the CiV V vanilla one) + ~13700 BLC store credit + %5 normal store credit for 30GBP(~45850BLC) but the 20% discount wont stack.

Just buying by Bioshock Infinite preorder nets you BI preorder + Industrial Revolution DLC + Bioshock 1 for 23.99GBP(~36700BLC or 36.7USD) but with and added bonus of ~13700 BLC store credit(doesnt get affected by discount) + %5 normal store credit for a total of about 15500BLC/15.5USD

Ok, i dont know what i, or they did, but Bioshock will turn up in the cart even without fiddling, just place BI preorder in the cart.
Post edited February 25, 2013 by p_mamusz
Oh, I forgot about Australia case, as I read something about prices being abnormaly high in there. Indeed, for a 80$ price, it must be a hell of a game. Do you have a VAT tax? For me (Romania), a game listed 49,99 $ on US Steam is 49,99 euros, 1 euro=1,3 $. But we have a 24% VAT so I think it's ok.

Who said VPN isnt legit? I guess Steam EULA says, for ex. Chances are low, but they will disable your account if they catch you.
hm. GamersGate refuse to log me in when using a proxy. Is it something new? never had that problem before.
Post edited February 25, 2013 by amok
GabiMoro: Oh, I forgot about Australia case, as I read something about prices being abnormaly high in there. Indeed, for a 80$ price, it must be a hell of a game. Do you have a VAT tax? For me (Romania), a game listed 49,99 $ on US Steam is 49,99 euros, 1 euro=1,3 $. But we have a 24% VAT so I think it's ok.

Who said VPN isnt legit? I guess Steam EULA says, for ex. Chances are low, but they will disable your account if they catch you.
Average price of AAA games (standard versions) are usually around $80 - $90 AUD. Collectors editions around $100 + ( i think it might have been Skyrim or one of others.. $150). We have gst 10 %. But thats it.
I wont try VPN with Steam because ive heard the stories :/
You can use VPN to create new steam account, buy games with it and gift them to your main account.
GabiMoro: Why do people try to get games using such methods? (proxy, VPN or europeans buying from Amazon with US adresses).
I only did so once, for the Halloween Plants vs Zombies giveaway. If the initial site said it was US only I would have ignored it, but since it didn't I downloaded the pdf with the redeem code and left it on my desktop for a month so I wouldn't forget about it. Since the giveaway was done in conjunction with the US dental association I can see why it was US only, but it was still a little annoying to find that out when trying to redeem the code rather than when they were giving it away.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

Last chance to prepurchase Bioshock Infinite Bundle.

If you are not registeredyet, use this link to do so you will gain 2 € after the first 2€ purchase (ane me too XD)

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=lolafiwe
Bolek: You can use VPN to create new steam account, buy games with it and gift them to your main account.
Valve might remove the gifted games from your main account.
Bolek: You can use VPN to create new steam account, buy games with it and gift them to your main account.
gyokzoli: Valve might remove the gifted games from your main account.
That's if they can even prove that both accounts are the same person.
gyokzoli: Valve might remove the gifted games from your main account.
GameRager: That's if they can even prove that both accounts are the same person.
no, they can remove games from different price zones, not matter who the accounts belong to.