It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

keeveek: I don't think I understand, can you explain?
Foxhack: I think he meant a pirate version.
Yep I meant that. Because of that I doubt the game will get the same price as last year. But the game is fairly cheap by now for the amount of hours it gives you.
I didn't see this anywhere, sorry if it's a repeat, but Steam has the Alien Breed Trilogy on sale, 80% off.

A good opportunity for those who like the genre, and those who got parts of it in bundles or elsewhere.
How do you know it is DRM-free? I don't see mention of that anywhere other than in the review section by some reviewer.
Immoli: How do you know it is DRM-free? I don't see mention of that anywhere other than in the review section by some reviewer.
That's why, the only DRM it's ever had was Steam, if it doesn't have Steam, then there is none.
Foxhack: ... I'm not sure that's the case. There are lots of GamersGate games that have been region locked for me due to my IP being in Mexico.

This... isn't one of them, strangely enough. EA games are usually region locked for me.
It certainly is the case. There are however, a few EA games for which the restrictions are not correctly applied. Mass Effect 2 is another one as far as I recall. Also, remember that EA UK games are sold worldwide, but you'll have to pay in GBP (which tends to have a cheaper price than the US ones anyhow, might partly explain why EA UK games never get such deep discounts...).
nijuu: I can never see EA games on sale on either .com or .co.uk . I need to use a VPN to see them :(.
You should be able to see them on the UK site, but you'll need to specifically search for EA UK. The US versions won't display on co.uk, but they'll tend to be ones that people see linked to.
Post edited February 24, 2013 by bansama
saw dragon age origins for pc $6 on gamersgate
Post edited February 24, 2013 by pseudonarne
Here's a question. Assuming I bought GG's Dragon Age deal, and already own the game on DVD (without any dlc), could I install the game using my disc and still use the DLC I bought from GamersGate with it? Or is it all in one bundle that I have to install the main game with to have everything?
Hawk,

Activate your games on Origin. Activate you retail disc on Origin, then when you buy the dlc, activate that on Origin, then they can both be on the same client (This is what I did with Awakening and the main game).
emwearz: then when you buy the dlc, activate that on Origin
Eh? Pretty sure DLC all goes through the Bioware social network site.
emwearz: then when you buy the dlc, activate that on Origin
StingingVelvet: Eh? Pretty sure DLC all goes through the Bioware social network site.
Awakening can be activated through Origin. The items / smaller DLC is purchased / redeemed and then associated with your Origin / Bioware account, so when you play the game and are signed it, you will be able to download via the games ingame menu.

You may be able to get awakening via the ingame / bioware store, but I have mine the way I mentioned.
Immoli: How do you know it is DRM-free? I don't see mention of that anywhere other than in the review section by some reviewer.
orcishgamer: That's why, the only DRM it's ever had was Steam, if it doesn't have Steam, then there is none.
Oh, so Amazon doesn't actually list it anywhere? I'm not really interested in that game, but interested in another and thought maybe I had just missed something.
Hawk52: Here's a question. Assuming I bought GG's Dragon Age deal, and already own the game on DVD (without any dlc), could I install the game using my disc and still use the DLC I bought from GamersGate with it? Or is it all in one bundle that I have to install the main game with to have everything?
Be sure to get your Origin game patched up or you will have issues activating the DLC in game. This may be fixed now, I had some serious issues right after Origin launched.
orcishgamer: That's why, the only DRM it's ever had was Steam, if it doesn't have Steam, then there is none.
Immoli: Oh, so Amazon doesn't actually list it anywhere? I'm not really interested in that game, but interested in another and thought maybe I had just missed something.
They're pretty good about listing DRM if there is any, if it's not a listing for an unpopular game that's been on there forever they'll generally list the DRM at the top or in the "Requirements" box. Also, commenters that make incorrect statements about DRM generally get response comments telling them they're wrong right away, so if you don't see any you can generally take them at their word.
Post edited February 24, 2013 by orcishgamer
emwearz: Awakening can be activated through Origin. The items / smaller DLC is purchased / redeemed and then associated with your Origin / Bioware account, so when you play the game and are signed it, you will be able to download via the games ingame menu.

You may be able to get awakening via the ingame / bioware store, but I have mine the way I mentioned.
Yes but you don't "activate DLC with Origin" is what I was saying. I guess the Bioware acct is the same acct though, so we're both right in a way.
orcishgamer: They're pretty good about listing DRM if there is any, if it's not a listing for an unpopular game that's been on there forever they'll generally list the DRM at the top or in the "Requirements" box. Also, commenters that make incorrect statements about DRM generally get response comments telling them they're wrong right away, so if you don't see any you can generally take them at their word.
Game doesn't list it, but there is talk of authentication in the reviews section. Guess that's all I have to go on. Thanks.
Foxhack: ... I'm not sure that's the case. There are lots of GamersGate games that have been region locked for me due to my IP being in Mexico.

This... isn't one of them, strangely enough. EA games are usually region locked for me.
bansama: It certainly is the case. There are however, a few EA games for which the restrictions are not correctly applied. Mass Effect 2 is another one as far as I recall. Also, remember that EA UK games are sold worldwide, but you'll have to pay in GBP (which tends to have a cheaper price than the US ones anyhow, might partly explain why EA UK games never get such deep discounts...).
nijuu: I can never see EA games on sale on either .com or .co.uk . I need to use a VPN to see them :(.
bansama: You should be able to see them on the UK site, but you'll need to specifically search for EA UK. The US versions won't display on co.uk, but they'll tend to be ones that people see linked to.
Actually your right.
So .co.uk is worldwide and .com us only?
I cant always get access to co.uk either. Sometimes redirects to .com
I *think* i got the DA page at co.uk yesterday, however it showed 100% and no buy button. Today it lets me try both....