It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: Did they say why no retailer would carry it? Because it would cost $150 with everything included? :)
No, because the game's sales numbers were pretty underwhelming for such a high-profile product.
timppu: Did they say why no retailer would carry it? Because it would cost $150 with everything included? :)
Nergal01: No, because the game's sales numbers were pretty underwhelming for such a high-profile product.
Yes, this. DA2 flopped so bad that nobody wants to sell it again.
Nergal01: No, because the game's sales numbers were pretty underwhelming for such a high-profile product.
OmegaX: Yes, this. DA2 flopped so bad that nobody wants to sell it again.
I know it's fun to bag on DA2 but offering a digital game for sale doesn't cost that much. DA2 has been for sale digitally through multiple outlets and the DA:O and DA2 pack at Amazon was a big seller during both sales so far as I know. Beyond that, DA2 still sold better than something like Kingdom of Amalur yet people were dying for a sale on that. If they put up DA2 Ultimate it would certainly sell. I suspect if anything it's the lack of an available team at Bioware to shepherd the console releases through certification that is the real reason it hasn't happened yet, as well as the base DA2 maintaining reasonable digital sales numbers for such an old title.

It's also possible we'll see a few "Ultimate HD Packs" for games like these during next-gen console launch where they've redone everything to output natively at 1080p. The more I think about it, the more I think they probably are going to do something of that nature, it certainly would sell, especially if they tossed in a new DLC into each game for good measure.
Post edited February 24, 2013 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: I know it's fun to bag on DA2 but offering a digital game for sale doesn't cost that much. DA2 has been for sale digitally through multiple outlets and the DA:O and DA2 pack at Amazon was a big seller during both sales so far as I know. Beyond that, DA2 still sold better than something like Kingdom of Amalur yet people were dying for a sale on that. If they put up DA2 Ultimate it would certainly sell. I suspect if anything it's the lack of an available team at Bioware to shepherd the console releases through certification that is the real reason it hasn't happened yet, as well as the base DA2 maintaining reasonable digital sales numbers for such an old title.
If retailers ordered 3 million copies because the original sold 5 million, but then only sold 1 million of what they ordered, they they CERTAINLY ain't buying ultimate editions for their shelves. And as said, they won't do an online only thing, EA is massively intertwined with boxed retail.

Anyway, no ultimate collection for whatever reason was confirmed by them directly. It's a shame too as the two main DLC packs are much better than the main game.
nijuu: As usual its not available for non US customers
bansama: Not entirely true =)

If you happen to have an account that was accidentally, locked to the US on GG's end, you can buy those regardless of where you are. If you don't have such an account; you just need to fool a certain cookie into thinking you're in the US -- easiest done with a few seconds on a VPN, but there may be other ways. Of course, you do that at your own risk as GamersGate now randomly select orders to be manually processed.
... I'm not sure that's the case. There are lots of GamersGate games that have been region locked for me due to my IP being in Mexico.

This... isn't one of them, strangely enough. EA games are usually region locked for me.
orcishgamer: I know it's fun to bag on DA2 but offering a digital game for sale doesn't cost that much. DA2 has been for sale digitally through multiple outlets and the DA:O and DA2 pack at Amazon was a big seller during both sales so far as I know. Beyond that, DA2 still sold better than something like Kingdom of Amalur yet people were dying for a sale on that. If they put up DA2 Ultimate it would certainly sell. I suspect if anything it's the lack of an available team at Bioware to shepherd the console releases through certification that is the real reason it hasn't happened yet, as well as the base DA2 maintaining reasonable digital sales numbers for such an old title.
StingingVelvet: If retailers ordered 3 million copies because the original sold 5 million, but then only sold 1 million of what they ordered, they they CERTAINLY ain't buying ultimate editions for their shelves. And as said, they won't do an online only thing, EA is massively intertwined with boxed retail.

Anyway, no ultimate collection for whatever reason was confirmed by them directly. It's a shame too as the two main DLC packs are much better than the main game.
Retailers don't pay for unsold games, they get shipped back. It only hurt them if they sacrificed shelf space or other opportunity to sell a much better game. As for the biggest physical game retailer in the US, Gamestop, they'll push literally anything, even Resident Evil 6:)
https://store.bigfishgames.com/biz_dev/coupon.php

Fairway
Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst

You will receive a coupon code for Fairway Solitaire via the email but that code is valid for the new Fairway game .
orcishgamer: Retailers don't pay for unsold games, they get shipped back. It only hurt them if they sacrificed shelf space or other opportunity to sell a much better game.
They're still not ordering a new edition of an unpopular game that sold well below what they ordered. I would think that is common sense.

Anyway neither of us know for sure.
orcishgamer: Retailers don't pay for unsold games, they get shipped back. It only hurt them if they sacrificed shelf space or other opportunity to sell a much better game.
StingingVelvet: They're still not ordering a new edition of an unpopular game that sold well below what they ordered. I would think that is common sense.

Anyway neither of us know for sure.
True.
Post edited February 24, 2013 by orcishgamer
nijuu: Im not sure it will drop any lower right now. The game is very popular & generally holds its price better than many other games (excluding activision )
keeveek: I know, I know. But as I've said, FM2012 last march was 6 bucks on Amazon, so I still have hope...

I spent over 100 hours very fast in FM2012, so you could say its fair price to give 15 bucks for that, but I don't have that kind of money and I won't have anytime soon, so you know.

Still waiting for a $6 miracle :D Maybe they will do that just before Fm2014 comes out?
The problem is that this year the game wasn't made available by the scene with a proper fix. So I don't know if the game will get lower than 10 bucks. or euros.
bansama: Not entirely true =)

If you happen to have an account that was accidentally, locked to the US on GG's end, you can buy those regardless of where you are. If you don't have such an account; you just need to fool a certain cookie into thinking you're in the US -- easiest done with a few seconds on a VPN, but there may be other ways. Of course, you do that at your own risk as GamersGate now randomly select orders to be manually processed.
Foxhack: ... I'm not sure that's the case. There are lots of GamersGate games that have been region locked for me due to my IP being in Mexico.

This... isn't one of them, strangely enough. EA games are usually region locked for me.
I can never see EA games on sale on either .com or .co.uk . I need to use a VPN to see them :(.
Zangtesu: The problem is that this year the game wasn't made available by the scene with a proper fix. So I don't know if the game will get lower than 10 bucks. or euros.
I don't think I understand, can you explain?
Zangtesu: The problem is that this year the game wasn't made available by the scene with a proper fix. So I don't know if the game will get lower than 10 bucks. or euros.
keeveek: I don't think I understand, can you explain?
I think he meant a pirate version.
Yup, constant crashing issue for the pirate version. Much harder to get it working properly. About time though, the game always on sale everywhere. Less reason to pirate it.
Buy the game when its cheaper. All the ummm 'other' versions didn't get updates (the last one definitely didnt).

Anyone know what happens on GG if someone uses vpn to try and buy a game which can't be seen when logged in per normal?. I added DAO to cart but havent paid yet...will purchase go through and will codes show if logged in normally?