It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Revisor: Do you shorten the URL to hide the affiliate link? That's double spammy.
gameon: I'd rather it was neat and tidy than look like this: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post33587
Again, just shorten the URL yourself by cutting out the unnecessary parts. All you need are the /dp/itemcode part...

eg: your original link

<span class="bold">http://www.amazon.com/</span>Batman-Arkham-City-GOTY-Download/<span class="bold">dp/B00AO7XD5S</span>%3FSubscriptionId%3 D19BAZMZQFZJ6G2QYGCG2%26tag%3Dsquid1352165-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASI N%3DB00AO7XD5S

becomes

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AO7XD5S
Post edited December 23, 2012 by GoJays2025
Thanks, i shall try to do that. I see plenty of people posting gamersgate ref links, which i have no problem with. I pick out deals i think are at a good price for what they are.

I'll try not to post that regularly, but there are always people like revisor that are bah humbug, lol.
gameon: Thanks, i shall try to do that. I see plenty of people posting gamersgate ref links, which i have no problem with. I pick out deals i think are at a good price for what they are.

I'll try not to post that regularly, but there are always people like revisor that are bah humbug, lol.
Personally I'm fine with ref links, but I don't like shortened links as I can never see where they're going.....
Rodzaju: Personally I'm fine with ref links, but I don't like shortened links as I can never see where they're going.....
Yes. The problem isn't with the refferal. That is accepable. Nor is the problem with shortening a link. That too is acceptable.

The problem becomes when shortening the link leaves the impression that one is trying to hide the ref link. That's a no no.

The right approach is to shorten the link and then do (refferal link). This way people know what they are clicking on.
Rodzaju: Personally I'm fine with ref links, but I don't like shortened links as I can never see where they're going.....
worlddan: Yes. The problem isn't with the refferal. That is accepable. Nor is the problem with shortening a link. That too is acceptable.

The problem becomes when shortening the link leaves the impression that one is trying to hide the ref link. That's a no no.

The right approach is to shorten the link and then do (refferal link). This way people know what they are clicking on.
I shall put that from now on.
I second that, I don't like URL shorteners as you don't see the link target.
Btw I can't understand that the reason to use them would be that the comment looks cleaner. You don't have to copy paste a direct link in here, you can just link the game name for example?
Big Fish is having a buy 1 get 1 free sale until the 25'th - http://www.bigfishgames.com/promotions/Dual-Bogo
worlddan: Yes. The problem isn't with the refferal. That is accepable. Nor is the problem with shortening a link. That too is acceptable.

Yeah, gonna have to say, I don't know why people give a fuck about affiliate links, if it's an actual fucking deal and it's not within the last 3 pages of the thread, it's pretty much fair game. As a buyer it costs you fuck all.
orcishgamer: Yeah, gonna have to say, I don't know why people give a fuck about affiliate links, if it's an actual fucking deal and it's not within the last 3 pages of the thread, it's pretty much fair game. As a buyer it costs you fuck all.
+1 on that comment.

*edit* Oh, and good deal on Binary Domain on Steam right now: Flash Sale $6.24
Post edited December 23, 2012 by Coelocanth
I have no problems with affiliate links, but I never click on a shortened link out of good old fashion paranoia.
amok: I have no problems with affiliate links, but I never click on a shortened link out of good old fashion paranoia.
I see the days of goatse.cx and lemon party still haunt you as well:)

DO NOT GOOGLE FOR THE ABOVE, I'M SERIOUS, YOU'RE HAPPIER NOT KNOWING.
amok: I have no problems with affiliate links, but I never click on a shortened link out of good old fashion paranoia.
orcishgamer: I see the days of goatse.cx and lemon party still haunt you as well:)

the last warning can not be stressed enough...

And to keep on topic -

GamersGate:

Kingdom of Amalur - £ 9.99
Kingdom of Amalur Collection - £8.99
Post edited December 23, 2012 by amok
orcishgamer: I see the days of goatse.cx and lemon party still haunt you as well:)

I googled it, maybe I did it wrong but what is there to see?

To keep inline of this thread..

New Bonus from Amazon if you purchase any PC Digital Games starting today.

Aside from the default $5 Promo Credit you'll also get:

Airmech Holiday Gift Pack - worth $9.99

plus this as well

Adventure Quest Worlds Amazon Warrior Armor - worth $9.95

New Deals today

Nexuis - $0.99 (Steam)

The Walking Dead - $12.49 (Steam)

Saints Row The Third The Full Package - $7.49 (Steam)

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition - $14.99 (Steam) (If you could wait a couple of days more, you could use your $5 promo credit to get it at $12.99)

Blades of Time Limited Edition - $7.49 (Steam)

Blades of Time - $6.24 (Steam)

Blood Bowl Legendary Edition - $4.99 (Steam)

Inversion - $6.99 (Steam) (Redeeming is Region Restricted to US, Playing is not)

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West - $2.49 (Steam)

Gettysburg: Armored Warfare - $2.49 (Steam)

Majesty Gold - $1.24 (Steam)

Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 (All Steam Keys)
* Crusader Kings II
* Magicka Collection
* Magicka: The Stars are Left Dlc
* Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition
* Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection
* Vicoria II

Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99 (All Steam Keys)
* Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC
* Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC
* Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer
* Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
* Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
* Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
* Majesty 2 Collection
* Majesty Gold - HD
* Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Plethora of Paradox Games $19.99 (All Steam Keys) (Much better to just buy Plentiful + Pint Sized above to save $4)

Battlefield 3 - $13.99 (Origin)

Mass Effect Trilogy - $29.99 (Origin)

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack - $13.49 (Origin)
* Bulletstorm
* Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
* Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
* Mirror's Edge
* The Saboteur

Check the rest of Amazon - Digital Holiday Deals here.
Post edited December 23, 2012 by racerboi101
Anyone got any specific Groupees Greenlight Bundle recommendations?

Thanks for ruining my Christmas.

Although I don't mind them, I never got, why people use shorteners. I always found them needless.