It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gameon: I just read on the whispered world page that: "Order this product between now and 12/31/2012 and receive a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions"
That's for any purchases between now and then, not just that game.
gameon: I just read on the whispered world page that: "Order this product between now and 12/31/2012 and receive a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions"
Pheace: That's for any purchases between now and then, not just that game.
Oh, right. It's an interesting concept. I've not seen it done anywhere else.
gameon: My guess is that it's drm free here, and perhaps the amazon one is for the steam version? I'm not sure whether amazon does drm free games. But at only $2.99 even with steam, it's worth buying in my opinion.
Coelocanth: It's not Steam on Amazon or they'd list it at the bottom of the specs/system requirements. I think Amazon games that don't list DRM are DRM-free, only needing the Amazon client to DL (you can use the same sort of trick as with GG to get the files DRM-free). That's my understanding, anyway.
Some games are labeled DRM-free, like Divinity 2. http://www.amazon.com/Divinity-II-Dragon-Knight-Download/dp/B0049U4DXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354165807&sr=8-2&keywords=divinity+2

Not sure what it means when they aren't labeled with anything.

And wait, what's this about Amazon downloads having to be tricked?
Immoli: And wait, what's this about Amazon downloads having to be tricked?
People who don't live in the US use fake addresses to buy the games.
Foxhack: People who don't live in the US use fake addresses to buy the games.
I knew about that, someone was saying how you had to trick the Amazon download or something to get the games DRM-free.
Amazon does not add any DRM of their own. If the game is Steamworks it is Steamworks, Origin it is Origin, SecuROM it is SecuROM, if it has no DRM then it's DRM free.

It's basically Gamersgate without having to do the work-around trick.
Post edited November 29, 2012 by StingingVelvet
StingingVelvet: Amazon does not add any DRM of their own. If the game is Steamworks it is Steamworks, Origin it is Origin, SecuROM it is SecuROM, if it has no DRM then it's DRM free.

It's basically Gamersgate without having to do the work-around trick.
A few of their lesser releases and casual games actually need "Amazon Games & Software Downloader" to install and run.
Immoli: I knew about that, someone was saying how you had to trick the Amazon download or something to get the games DRM-free.
I only ever downloaded one game directly of Amazon, and that was DRM free.
The Void is a single € on Gamer's Gate right now. If you have not tried it yet, you should. It is an outstanding game.

Theatre of War Collection is 75% off. A good deal, though if you bought the 1C complete pack earlier this year you already have all but one game in it (also, Theatre of War 3: Korea is not a part of the pack)

ArcaniA Gold is 75% off again. (Securom)

SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny is also 75% off (people have complained about this one being way too short compared to earlier entires). Requires Steam

And finally Jaggeed Alliance: Back in Action is 75% off as well. (Requires Steam)
Foxhack: People who don't live in the US use fake addresses to buy the games.
Those cheeky finks! XD
grviper: A few of their lesser releases and casual games actually need "Amazon Games & Software Downloader" to install and run.
Yeah I ran into this with Avadon. I think they just haven't phased out the old system completely yet, when they sold a lot of casual games.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what does Othe DRM stand for on GG?

Specifically asking about The Void.

Thanks ahead.
New deal on Green Man Gaming.

Binary Domain at 75% off for 24 hours
Gemini Wars at 50% off
Tiny Troopers at 75% off
Blades of Time at 66% off
Dead Block at 75% off
Drip Drip at 50% off

GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q, 25% off coupon still available.
Also GMG35-FGR37-COY0B, 35% off Hitman: Absolution.
HypersomniacLive: Specifically asking about The Void.
I have the GG edition, and I don't think there actually is any DRM there. No keys, no activations, just fight off the overzealous downloader, and the game is forever offline.
> A few of their lesser releases and casual games actually need "Amazon Games & Software Downloader" to install and run.

Just to install. After installation they'll run on their own. So you'd need to be online so the installer can check with Amazon - after that, no.