It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey, at least Amazon pulled out the 'buy' button when they're out of keys, unlike Steam...
Catshade: Hey, at least Amazon pulled out the 'buy' button when they're out of keys, unlike Steam...
Or Gamersgate. Selling Batman for days and getting the keys WEEKS later ....
Pulling the buy button is fine as long as they're sure the deal comes back before the sale ends. With Steam that's rarely the case. In those cases I'd rather they keep the buy button up, let me buy it on sale price and get the product when they can give it, rather than take it off, and missing the sale. What they *should* do is make a note during purchase the second they run out of keys though.
Post edited October 16, 2012 by Pheace
Shops have chosen several different ways to deal with "out of keys" situations, but I don't think anyone can argue that the best solution is this one:

- Inform customers (before the purchase) that the keys have run out, so that they can make an informed decision
- Allow customers to still buy the offer if they don't mind the wait

Unfortunately, shops rarely implement it. What I'm usually seeing are shops that stop the offer, and shops that don't inform about missing keys beforehand. Both practices aren't very customer friendly, since - in effect - they are then luring customers into the shop, or into buying something, without delivering the goods (or at least not as quickly as the customer expects).
New updates from Amazon regarding the "Square Enix pack"

UPDATE 10/15 10:35PM PST:

This has been, by far, our best selling deal...ever. Thanks to everyone who participated. For those who got SC1 instead of SC2, we'll get you sorted out as soon as possible.

Starting tomorrow the deal of the week for the remainder of the week (until Saturday at 11:59:59PM PST) you can use SQRLUVOC to take 25% off anything in the DVG store excluding:

1. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
2. Borderlands 2
3. XBOX/PSN Points/Subs

EDIT: This deal now starts tomorrow. Time TBD.

Cheers,
Tony
They decided not to bring it back anymore and just fix the SupCom keys issue. Bummer for those who missed it..
Perfect example why taking off the Buy button can be a bummer :/
Gazoinks: How's The Bard's Tale? Worth getting? It has the original trilogy included, now.
Funniest RPG I ever played. I would save the game before every conversation so I could try all the options.
Catshade: Hey, at least Amazon pulled out the 'buy' button when they're out of keys, unlike Steam...
SimonG: Or Gamersgate. Selling Batman for days and getting the keys WEEKS later ....
Actually, I would have preferred that...
Anyway, they probably won some new customers, disgruntled some others, and are doing fine altogether. I'm not even in the US.
SimonG: Or Gamersgate. Selling Batman for days and getting the keys WEEKS later ....
etna87: Actually, I would have preferred that... Anyway, they probably won some new customers, disgruntled some others, and are doing fine altogether. I'm not even in the US.
Wait, you want to pay for a game and then don't be able to play it for weeks? Rather than not pay for it and only buy it when you can play it?

SimonG: Wait, you want to pay for a game and then don't be able to play it for weeks? Rather than not pay for it and only buy it when you can play it? ...
It's like pre-ordering of sorts :P
Doom III BFG Edition was just launched.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208200/

Apparently Doom III owners get a discount - but it's not working for me. This better not replace the base games everyone already owns.
SimonG: Wait, you want to pay for a game and then don't be able to play it for weeks? Rather than not pay for it and only buy it when you can play it? ...
Most people already do this. Buy games on sale, and play them in a few weeks (best case scenario). Many games are purchased and not played at all. So what's so surprising about etna87's statement? You want to say you always play the games you buy when you buy them? Unless you severely limit your purchases, I would call bullshit on that.
Aningan: Most people already do this. Buy games on sale, and play them in a few weeks (best case scenario). Many games are purchased and not played at all. So what's so surprising about etna87's statement? You want to say you always play the games you buy when you buy them? Unless you severely limit your purchases, I would call bullshit on that.
But I want to choose when to play those games. Not Gamersgate. And I wanted to play Batman when I bought it. It was especially bad as Steam version got keys added and not GG for weeks.
etna87: Actually, I would have preferred that... Anyway, they probably won some new customers, disgruntled some others, and are doing fine altogether. I'm not even in the US.
SimonG: Wait, you want to pay for a game and then don't be able to play it for weeks? Rather than not pay for it and only buy it on another sale god knows when, when you can play it? ...
Important part added :)
SimonG: But I want to choose when to play those games. Not Gamersgate. And I wanted to play Batman when I bought it. It was especially bad as Steam version got keys added and not GG for weeks.
And etna87 was willing to wait. Both of you are right as far as I'm concerned. Psyringe's solution would have been the best one. Let the customer make and informed decision, whatever that may be.

Thing is, in this case, I think it's more to do with Amazon's willingness to sell even at a loss to increase market share and to strengthen the current userbase. But even that "loss" must have a limit. And even if it did not have a limit, Steam would surely try to impede them in getting enough keys.

Anyway, people should consider these type of deals are rarely a one time thing, no matter what they say. Expect to see that package again for Christmas or something like that.