It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DodoGeo: Actually they all do it by having an EULA before you install your software. No body actually notices this because there's no policeman with a baton behind you checking how you use your piece of software.
This gives you an illusion of freedom, especially compared with DD where companies can actually actively enforce that EULA.

DRM is more than just a fancy term for copy protection schemes like Securom or Starforce.
hucklebarry: This means when the sporting event airs on TV... it has DRM in it because it says not to reproduce it? This very website contains DRM as you need the internet and a browser of some sort to access it. Nintendo cartridges had DRM because you needed the cartridges... for that matter, physical books have DRM because you need the book to be able to read it... really?
You're trolling, right?
Nintendo cartridges run off of the cartridge, they do not install onto the NES. With computer games on CD it installs itself onto your harddrive, all the information is right there on your computer, however the game decides to check to see if the disc is in the disc drive before starting the game, if it finds the disc it will start up, if it doesn't then it will not start up despite all the required information being present.
That's the difference. A NES cartridge is required to play the game (in the way intended by Nintendo, that is the game running off of the disc) but that is not how computer game works. The analog would be accurate if I didn't have to install a game from the disc onto my computer and I could just run it straight off of the disc.
carnival73: Hacker Evolution free on Greenman

Now all they need is Gish and Nuclear Dawn and they'd have the Asshole Bundle.
Foxhack: ... eh?
Three common and easy to find titles either in bundles or given away.
ajsultan: New deal from Amazon:

Sniper Elite V2 - $14.99 (70% off) - Steam Redeemable
racerboi101: 70% OFF already?? Do you think it would still go cheaper in the upcoming Steam sale?
I doubt it. Steam will probably make it 50% off, and Amazon will try to match the price if it does go lower.
EDIT: Also, anyone played it? I am REALLY tempted to pick it up for that price and with my new rig almost done, I could actually play it.
Post edited July 12, 2012 by Rohan15
Rohan15: EDIT: Also, anyone played it? I am REALLY tempted to pick it up for that price and with my new rig almost done, I could actually play it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8TfR4wub-I
Go to 6:20
racerboi101: 70% OFF already?? Do you think it would still go cheaper in the upcoming Steam sale?
You have to remember that Amazon are very aggressive with their sales, they will often provide lower and quicker discounts than Steam. Valve, on the other hand, don't need to do any such thing. They know the majority of people will buy direct from them even with a higher price. At best, I'd say Steam will offer 33% off as the regular discount and 66% off as a daily deal.

I picked it up a few days ago for $20 from Get Games Go (50% off of their usual price) as I felt the price was bloody good. $15 via Amazon is a no brainer if you enjoyed the demo.
carnival73: Hacker Evolution free on Greenman
Note that it uses GMG's Capsule & cannot be traded in.

But if you do grab it, you also get a 20% off coupon valid until the end of July.
Rohan15: EDIT: Also, anyone played it? I am REALLY tempted to pick it up for that price and with my new rig almost done, I could actually play it.
grviper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8TfR4wub-I
Go to 6:20
Oh...my god....I am so buying this.
Rohan15: Oh...my god....I am so buying this.
Be warned however, the game is incredibly boring. The linearity of killed it for me. Try the demo, that is actually a good representation of the game. It has nothing of the uniqueness and fun of the original game. The design is really "90s bad" with scripted spawning enemies, exactly on way to play (even CoD has more freedom).

It is great gorn for the first 15 minutes, but after that it is just one boring shooter. Probably the worst Rebellion game I played.
Rohan15: Oh...my god....I am so buying this.
SimonG: Be warned however, the game is incredibly boring. The linearity of killed it for me. Try the demo, that is actually a good representation of the game. It has nothing of the uniqueness and fun of the original game. The design is really "90s bad" with scripted spawning enemies, exactly on way to play (even CoD has more freedom).

It is great gorn for the first 15 minutes, but after that it is just one boring shooter. Probably the worst Rebellion game I played.
In that case, throw down the extra 10 and play Spec Ops (as you well know) the game is so far beyond amazing. I'm too high on painkiller to really play it today (and I can't sit up very well, due to all the cutting... of, well you know, my guts - see the bitch thread if you must know), but I wish I could. I want to finish the game so badly, the pathway the game's story takes you down is horrifying and you CAN'T STOP LOOKING. Like a slow motion, horrible accident that you see coming. Yet, it feels like the whole thing is trying to say something profound, and you know, maybe it actually is.
Post edited July 12, 2012 by orcishgamer
SimonG: Be warned however, the game is incredibly boring. The linearity of killed it for me. Try the demo, that is actually a good representation of the game. It has nothing of the uniqueness and fun of the original game. The design is really "90s bad" with scripted spawning enemies, exactly on way to play (even CoD has more freedom).

orcishgamer: In that case, throw down the extra 10 and play Spec Ops (as you well know) the game is so far beyond amazing. I'm too high on painkiller to really play it today (and I can't sit up very well, due to all the cutting... of, well you know, my guts - see the bitch thread if you must know), but I wish I could. I want to finish the game so badly, the pathway the game's story takes you down is horrifying and you CAN'T STOP LOOKING. Like a slow motion, horrible accident that you see coming. Yet, it feels like the whole thing is trying to say something profound, and you know, maybe it actually is.
Yep, Spec Ops is probably the game of the Year already. Unbelievably good. I'm ditching office today to finish it. ;-P
Sword of the Stars Games 75% off GG Weekend Deal....

Impulse/Gamestop: Majesty Franchise Bundle 75% off for $17.49....
Includes all these:
Majesty Gold, Majesty 2 Collection
Defenders of Ardania, Defenders of Ardania: Battlemagic DLC, Defenders of Ardania: The Conjurer’s Tricks
Warlock: Master of the Arcane, Warlock: Master of the Arcane – Powerful Lords, Warlock: Master of the Arcane – Power of the Serpent

Some are Steam titles...
Post edited July 12, 2012 by mshashankr
Hacker Evolution: Untold free on Green Man Gaming. Don't confuse this with yesterday's free title, which was Hacker Evolution.
Hopefully they'll become trade fodderi n the near future because I already got them on steam, and Capsule is such a worse client/drm.
Luisfius: Hopefully they'll become trade fodderi n the near future because I already got them on steam, and Capsule is such a worse client/drm.
i would have like it, but that capsule thingy has put me off lol - thanks for the heads up :)
I don't get all the Capsule hate... Yes, it's not Steam, but it gets the job done: it lets you download, play, and trade-in your games.
GMG have given away for free 4-5 quite decent games in the last couple years, some of which have non-zero trade-in value.
Also note that if you don't plan to play the Hacker games but only trade them back when it will be possible, you don't need Capsule, in fact you can only purchase games using your browser!
So, give GMG a chance :)