It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

spinefarm: Disciples II Gold free on GMG until Saturday 12pm (UTC)
After installation, but before I started the game, I discovered that Disciples II gold from GMG had SecuRom.

Ick.

Anyway to tell if there's SecuRom stuff left over on my computer?
spinefarm: Disciples II Gold free on GMG until Saturday 12pm (UTC)
Artki: After installation, but before I started the game, I discovered that Disciples II gold from GMG had SecuRom.

Ick.

Anyway to tell if there's SecuRom stuff left over on my computer?
Download the securom removal tool.
GamersGate:

Saints Row: The Third - 10.18 EUR - Steamworks

This time the EU guys get the cheapest price.

Aaaand..... looks like movies are coming to Steam.
I don't know if this has been posted already, but there's currently another indie pay-what-you-want charity type thing going on called Bundle In A Box. Lots of adventure games (including one good but hard to find interactive fiction adventure) are included:

Gemini Rue
Ben There, Dan That!
Time Gentlemen Please!
1893: A World's Fair Mystery
The Sea Will Claim Everything
+ Soundtracks

If you pay more than average (currently $5.81) you also receive:

The Shivah
Metal Dead

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

Oh, and you're helping both the developers and supporting children with mental health problems by donating.
Post edited May 24, 2012 by shadowmirage
shadowmirage: I don't know if this has been posted already, but there's currently another indie pay-what-you-want charity type thing going on called Bundle In A Box. Lots of adventure games (including one good but hard to find interactive fiction adventure) are included:

Gemini Rue
Ben There, Dan That!
Time Gentlemen Please!
+ Soundtracks

The Shivah
Metal Dead

... what the hell? I thought the first "universal unlock" was at 5000 sales. Now it's 10,000?
shadowmirage: I don't know if this has been posted already, but there's currently another indie pay-what-you-want charity type thing going on called Bundle In A Box. Lots of adventure games (including one good but hard to find interactive fiction adventure) are included:

Gemini Rue
Ben There, Dan That!
Time Gentlemen Please!
+ Soundtracks

The Shivah
Metal Dead

Foxhack: ... what the hell? I thought the first "universal unlock" was at 5000 sales. Now it's 10,000?
Universal unlock?
shadowmirage: Universal unlock?
If a certain amount of sales is reached, everyone gets a bonus.

I could've sworn the first goal was 5000 sales. Not 10,000.
shadowmirage: Universal unlock?
Foxhack: If a certain amount of sales is reached, everyone gets a bonus.

I could've sworn the first goal was 5000 sales. Not 10,000.
Hmm, strange. I suppose they received more attention than they originally thought they would and decided to optimistically raise the goal.
I grabbed Rogue Trooper on the last Sq. Enix sale and it was totally worth it. Now I'm going for Just Cause and Project: Snowblind. My question is: should I add Total Overdose to the list? Has anyone here played it?

Also, kudos to GamersGate for allowing us to make a purchase and pay later. Very useful for sales at the end of a month on which you've already spent far too much on videogames.
Post edited May 24, 2012 by Drakhyrr
Drakhyrr: Also, kudos to GamersGate for allowing us to make a purchase and pay later. Very useful for sales at the end of a month on which you've already spent far too much on videogames.
eh, what? care to explain?
Just adventure has a pay what you want for 3 (if enough sales 4) games:
link
The games are:
Aurora
Black Mirror
Darkfall 2: Lights out
And possibly Dead Reefs

Out of those, I've only played Black Mirror, but found it to be a really good adventure game.
Drakhyrr: Also, kudos to GamersGate for allowing us to make a purchase and pay later. Very useful for sales at the end of a month on which you've already spent far too much on videogames.
trusteft: eh, what? care to explain?
You don't have to pay the moment you make an order. When GamersGate redirects you to some page to put payment details (such as PayPal), you can just leave it. The game will be on your order history (accessible on the menu) as pending, and from here you can access the payment system again. You have up to 2 weeks to pay before it gets auto-cancelled.

Of course, you can't play before paying, but it's a way not to miss their sales when you're out of money.
It is sort of a gaming deal, so...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation
Drakhyrr: I grabbed Rogue Trooper on the last Sq. Enix sale and it was totally worth it. Now I'm going for Just Cause and Project: Snowblind. My question is: should I add Total Overdose to the list? Has anyone here played it?

Also, kudos to GamersGate for allowing us to make a purchase and pay later. Very useful for sales at the end of a month on which you've already spent far too much on videogames.
My sister (who has a pretty good taste in action games) says Total Overdose is a lot of mindless fun. I remember watching her play it for hours but all I can remember is a lot of shooting, running around a vaguely South American style city, and some trippy scenes where the protagonist is shooting baddies while on drugs. I guess you can take that as a recommendation if you're into that sort of thing.

And I had no idea that was possible on GamersGate. Thanks for informing me, I'll save a lot of money with all the random deals going on each week (I'm an impulse buyer when it comes to cheap games).
GameStop / Impulse :

http://www.impulsedriven.com/mailers/2012/May/5.24_Email.html