It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Psyringe: Also, it seems we're getting another round of Square Enix deals at 75% off:
25 To Life
Abomination - The Nemesis Project
Daikatana
Just Cause
Project Snowblind
Rogue Trooper
Total Overdose
Anyone know if Abomination is any good? It looks like Fallout style....does it play anything like it or similar RPGs? Or is it more like Syndicate style run and gun/destroy/etc play? Also I see it has a time limit in some of the pics....is that for all missions or what? Is it very tight time limits or do they give you enough time to look around the levels if you want to?
ha an email today off Origin about a 50% sale going on there on select titles, have been hoping to get Dragon Age 2 for a while but not for £15
GameRager: Or is it more like Syndicate style run and gun/destroy/etc play?
Yes, more like that despite attempts at X-Com freedom/management.

A lot of gritty death on the streets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwgcNL3knjc

Starts much slower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyr8FczGtyg
clarky85: ha an email today off Origin about a 50% sale going on there on select titles, have been hoping to get Dragon Age 2 for a while but not for £15
If it isn't in this deal, keep an eye on Amazon.com. They have this game on sale just about always and it can be redeemed on Origin.
Once again, here is your chance to pick up Daikatana. Osaka Mishima demands it!

Oh, and the last time these Square Enix games were on sale not long ago, I asked about which of these games were DRM-free. Daikatana is, I can tell you that much. I passed on all of these last time as nobody in this topic bought any of them!

I'm probably going to have to resort to doing so myself this time around. I hate having to be that guy. I was the only one who took a chance on Serious Sam 2 when it was on sale. In case you're curious, it used to be DRM-free on GamersGate, and then became Steamworks some time before it went on sale. However, it didn't have to actually run through Steam, so I backed up the files and have a DRM-free copy now. I have the feeling I won't be so lucky this time around. Particularly with Just Cause. That one somehow seems incredibly likely to have DRM.

Before I take the plunge once again, is there anybody here who already bought these games on GamersGate that can shed some light on the situation? I already have Just Cause and Project: Snowblind from using credit on Greenman Gaming. There's not too much point in trading back the ones I have and buying them again unless they're DRM-free. Rogue Trooper is one I've been wanting for a while as well.

Oh, and apparently Lunar Flight (Look, Ma! No reflink!) is 75% off. I've been interested in that one since it showed up on Desura. Unfortunately, it looks like they decided to be completely idiotic and put in SecuROM. I recall an instance where a game was DRM-free and erroneously labeled as SecuROM due to some confusion. However, that scenario seems really doubtful, so I'm going to go ahead and assume idiocy. I wonder if this is true for the Desura version as well? I don't recall anybody mentioning that in the game comments last I checked. Unfortunately, that seems all too likely.

I just don't understand why there are still so many indie developers that hate their customers. :/
Attachments:
Couple of deals missed by Psyringe

Sid Meier’s Civilization V Game of the Year Edition 75% off

Defenders Of Ardania 25% off
Skunk: Before I take the plunge once again, is there anybody here who already bought these games on GamersGate that can shed some light on the situation? I already have Just Cause and Project: Snowblind from using credit on Greenman Gaming. There's not too much point in trading back the ones I have and buying them again unless they're DRM-free. Rogue Trooper is one I've been wanting for a while as well.
I happen to have bought all three games during the last sale. Just Cause indeed is DRM-free (confirmed by installing and playing). Project: Snowblind and Rogue Trooper don't come with any serials either, so I assume they're DRM-free as well, but I haven't installed them yet. I could do so in a couple of hours if you want to be absolutely sure. None of the three games has any dependency on Steam or similar "services".

Skunk: Oh, and apparently Lunar Flight (Look, Ma! No reflink!) is 75% off. I've been interested in that one since it showed up on Desura. Unfortunately, it looks like they decided to be completely idiotic and put in SecuROM.
My thinking as well. Though I wasn't particularly interested in the game to begin with, but I might have picked it up anyway. However, the current price still is too high for my taste if the game isn't DRM-free.

spinefarm: Couple of deals missed by Psyringe

Sid Meier’s Civilization V Game of the Year Edition 75% off
I didn't exactly "miss" it, it's just very hard for me to give that game any sort of coverage. ;-p
But yeah, for those who want to play it, it's probably a pretty good deal. Especially since it's the GotY edition, I think the last good deals that I've seen for this were only for the regular edition. :)
Post edited May 24, 2012 by Psyringe
Psyringe: I didn't exactly "miss" it, it's just very hard for me to give that game any sort of coverage. ;-p
But yeah, for those who want to play it, it's probably a pretty good deal. Especially since it's the GotY edition, I think the last good deals that I've seen for this were only for the regular edition. :)
for 10 euro it is a good deal... got the normal edition for 5$ from GMG 2-3 months ago..
Also:

King Arthur II - The Role-playing Wargame 50% off
To iterate - Daikatana is 75% off at GG(£2.25 here) and it is a piece of gaming history (and not as bad as people make it out to be). For this price, you owe it to yourself to try it out.
amok: To iterate - Daikatana is 75% off at GG(£2.25 here) and it is a piece of gaming history (and not as bad as people make it out to be). For this price, you owe it to yourself to try it out.
Agreed. Not too bad, especially at this price.
Buy Rogue Trooper. Now. IT's Gears of War type of games grandpa.
gameon: I never played rogue trooper, but thats only £1.25 (around $2)
Rouge Trooper is actually a good game with some interesting mechanics. go get
Psyringe: I happen to have bought all three games during the last game. Just Cause indeed is DRM-free (confirmed by installing and playing). Project: Snowblind and Rogue Trooper don't come with any serials either, so I assume they're DRM-free as well, but I haven't installed them yet. I could do so in a couple of hours if you want to be absolutely sure. None of the three games has any dependency on Steam or similar "services".
Excellent! I've had several of these titles on my wishlist for months, and now I finally have my answer. Can't tell you how many times I passed on all of these. Needless to say, I made up my mind about getting these games some time ago. I've had an interest in Abomination, 25 to Life, and Total Overdose, despite being obscure and of mixed reception. I've picked up Total Overdose, 25 to Life, Abomination: The Nemesis Project, and, of course, Just Cause, Project: Snowblind, and Rogue Trooper.

I'm dumbstruck that Just Cause is DRM-free. All of them were. A game that popular and recent, I'm surprised and delighted. While we're on the subject of Square-Enix, it's worth noting that, though it's not on sale, Deus Ex: Invisible War is DRM-free. The original is not, though the fanmade launcher "Deus Exe" can circumvent that DRM. You need never redeem the key. Of course, GOG provides a DRM-free solution now, but for everybody else, that information may prove useful.

Psyringe: My thinking as well. Though I wasn't particularly interested in the game to begin with, but I might have picked it up anyway. However, the current price still is too high for my taste if the game isn't DRM-free.
I just don't understand why they do this. DRM-free is good enough for Square-Enix. It's even good enough for EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Atari, Epic, and so on. CD Projekt isn't afraid of selling a popular, big budget, full priced game like The Witcher 2 without DRM. Something people might actually be bothered to pirate. All this does is get guys like me to completely ignore them until I can get their game for $1 or so, if I still care by then. It's pointless and counterproductive. Of course, we're on GOG, so it hardly needs to be said that nearly all of us understand how ridiculous DRM is. It's just silly when indie developers shoot themselves in the foot like this.
Because We May started:

http://www.becausewemay.com

May 24th to June 1st:
- Direct from developers
- iOS
- Mac
- Android
- Steam
- Other(desura, indicity, indievania, windows phone, xbox360, chrome store, google play)

obs: It's not a bundle, just links to stores
alexkoti: Because We May started:

http://www.becausewemay.com

May 24th to June 1st:
- Direct from developers
- iOS
- Mac
- Android
- Steam
- Other(desura, indicity, indievania, windows phone, xbox360, chrome store, google play)

obs: It's not a bundle, just links to stores
I don't think it has started quite yet