It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pheace: Yeah, I viewed the Gamespy key for Vietnam and it went out of the Giftlist right after. Activates on Steam, that's pretty nice ^^
mefet: Do you know which keys are steam redeemable? I thought none of 1c games were...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852109

GameSpy keys of Men of War: Assault Squad and Men of War: Vietnam seems like Steam redeemable.
DodoGeo: Over 80 games is overkill and it kind of touches the point EnigmaticT was doing about too cheap sales, BUT for 19 euros this could be the deal of the year.

My personal highlights are: King's Bounty series, Men of War series, Theater of War series, Star Wolves series, Space Rangers series, Real Warfare series.
And who knows what else I'll find, it's like rummaging through Santa's mystery bag.

I'm not interested in everything, so it's good to have gifting enabled
Pathologic!
(that deserves more exclamation marks, but I'm lazy)
FiatLux: I think that GamersGate will allow you to gift away what you do not want as long as you have not tried ro view serial or download game...
Doesn't get much better than this.... (In the pack you will find single games with a normal GG price higher for that one game than what you will have to pay for the whole package at this offer...)
Pheace: Yeah, I viewed the Gamespy key for Vietnam and it went out of the Giftlist right after. Activates on Steam, that's pretty nice ^^
Thats the rule at GG : don't view the keys and don't try to download if you want to gift away the game...
With respect to Steam then I do not think that we should hold GG responsible for if publisher wants the game redeemed at Steam....(I think that that is the publishers fault)
Anyway if you want then look at the page for each and every one of the 86 games and expansions that you get before you buy ....
;-)

In my opinion then there is so many genres of games in this package and the price is so low that there ought to be some entertainment for most people in that pacakage....

On the subject of "some people never being quite satisfied" ;-)
then please note that there are probably DRM in a lot of the games and you might not like that either.... (I think that it said "Starforce" on a random I looked at)

We probably ought to complain that we are not being offered the mentioned package deal DRM free here at GOG.com at that price with the 70% off....
Now there is an idea for "TheEnigmaticT" ..... ;-)

;-)
Post edited April 09, 2012 by FiatLux
mefet: Do you know which keys are steam redeemable? I thought none of 1c games were...
Pheace: Just Men of War Assault Squad and Vietnam I think:
Yes, but only standard versions while you got Special editions on GG.
Just bought it myself, prepare for lots of giveaways! hah
spinefarm: Not exactly...try to find the Lightning Bundle that was with Serious Sam
I think i will choose the original version of both games . ( I only need The Second Encounter now from GOG ) .
edit: bought the SE from GOG .
Post edited April 09, 2012 by ne_zavarj
Man I wish I had the money to buy that pack. Sadly I'm completely broke.
I respectfully ask you not to purchase this incredible deal because these kinds of savings are bad for you. Thank you. That is all.
the_bard: I respectfully ask you not to purchase this incredible deal because these kinds of savings are bad for you. Thank you. That is all.
You should have changed your nickname to something like EnigmaticT before doing that. ;)
the_bard: I respectfully ask you not to purchase this incredible deal because these kinds of savings are bad for you. Thank you. That is all.
Hence "the_bard" only wants you to buy when price is high - purely for (your) health reasons ofcourse...
;-)
That's clearly EnigmaticT in disguise.
Pheace: Just Men of War Assault Squad and Vietnam I think:
DodoGeo: Yes, but only standard versions while you got Special editions on GG.
Doesn't matter, the GameSpy key works.
DodoGeo: Yes, but only standard versions while you got Special editions on GG.
gyokzoli: Doesn't matter, the GameSpy key works.
Activates the standart edition, I just did.
1C Collection: Separating the wheat from the chaff...

Just for fun I took a look at every single game in the 1C Collection on sale for cheap at GG. Now I know this is an imperfect analysis to say the least but just to try and get a handle on what you are really getting there I went with one rule to consider a title worthy at all: It had to rate 4 stars or very close to it. I made some exceptions there for 3.7 or 3.8 games, etc. but in no case is anything not rated close to 4 included in the list below. I figure if users there can't at least give those cheapo games a 4 then they can't be too good. I'm sure some exceptions must apply but again, just for the sake of getting a handle on that many games I went with 4 stars being pretty much the dividing line.

Next, I took a look at what DRM if any the games have. I am going to separate the list below into categories of: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly based on DRM free, DRM and Starforce. Yep, a good number of games in the bundle have Starforce which as far as I know means they won't even install on a Windows 7 system but IMO that is a good thing protecting you.

So without further ado, here is the list:

THE GOOD (DRM FREE!)

Alien Shooter
Cryostasis
Korea: Forgotten Conflict
Pathologic
Space Rangers
Space Rangers 2
Space Rangers 2 Reboot
Star Wolves
Star Wolves 3
Theatre of War 2: Battle for Caen
Theatre of War 2: Centauro
UFO: Afterlight
UFO: Aftermath
UFO: Aftershock

THE BAD (ONE FORM OF DRM OR ANOTHER)

King's Bounty: The Legend (SecuROM)
King's Bounty: Armored Princess (SecuROM)
Men of War (SecuROM)
Men of War: Assault Squad (SecuROM)
Men of War: Red Tide (Other DRM - whatever that is...)
Men of War: Vietnam (Other DRM)
Necrovision: Lost Company (SecuROM)
Necrovision (SecuROM)
Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943 (SecuROM)

THE UGLY! (STARFORCE DRM!)

King's Bounty: Crossworlds
Star Wolves 2
Theatre of War 3 Korea

Special Mention! Last but not least, the game Faces of War did not say one way or another if it has any DRM or not. Roulette anyone?

So in summary 14 games ranked around 4 stars and have no DRM. Nine more games ranked around 4 stars and have some form of DRM. Three four star games are afflicted with Star Force and shouldn't be counted as any value at all and one game it's unknown what if anything it has for DRM. There appears to be a boatload of chaff here IMO but that doesn't detract from the good deal this is if you are wanting some number of the decent games to be had or don't have a problem with DRM on some of the others.

This little analysis was brought to you by someone with too much time on their hands this morning. I hope you find it useful.
Post edited April 09, 2012 by dirtyharry50
dirtyharry50: This little analysis was brought to you by someone with too much time on their hands this morning.
Never the less a nice analysis....