It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nagytow: Sanctum + DLC for free!

1. Go here: http://login.ign.com/prime/promos/warinc/preview/
2. Click Start your 30 day trial
3. Create an account. Make sure you've got trial selected.
4. Choose PayPal as payment method. Complete the payment process. You'll be charged $0.00
5. Go here: http://login.ign.com/prime/promos/sanctum/index.aspx and redeem your keys.
6. Cancel subscription.
Not to condone piracy or anything but if your willing to go to those lengths to get the game for free and not give money to the developers, isn't it just easier to just torrent the game since It's basically the same thing TBH. You also don't give away your account details etc and don't risk signing up to IGN.
Post edited October 10, 2011 by ChickenHero

4. Choose PayPal as payment method. Complete the payment process. You'll be charged $0.00
5. Go here: http://login.ign.com/prime/promos/sanctum/index.aspx and redeem your keys.
6. Cancel subscription.
ChickenHero: Not to condone piracy or anything but if your willing to go to those lengths to get the game for free and not give money to the developers, isn't it just easier to just torrent the game since It's basically the same thing TBH. You also don't give away your account details etc and don't risk signing up to IGN.
I have to agree. This really is no different than taking advantage of the telltale error that resulted in a free game without purchase last year.

6. Cancel subscription.
ChickenHero: Not to condone piracy or anything but if your willing to go to those lengths to get the game for free and not give money to the developers, isn't it just easier to just torrent the game since It's basically the same thing TBH. You also don't give away your account details etc and don't risk signing up to IGN.
I see it as IGN giveaway. They bought the codes, IGN hopes by giving away 30 day free subscription you will like prime enough to buy their service.
You are kind of wrong here, as the dev will get moniehs(probably less than the retail price but some kind of return) for the license, its the mean old firebreathing megacorp that gets shafted. And then its not the whole story, as IGN gets free advertisement from this, i mean i never even heard of IGN Prime before this, and may consider subscribing.
Whitewraith: I see it as IGN giveaway. They bought the codes, IGN hopes by giving away 30 day free subscription you will like prime enough to buy their service.
That's the point though. nagytow method means you have no intention of wanting to use prime in the slightest. You just see it as a free game and nothing else.
Whitewraith: IGN is making a calculation marketing decision, even if the person cancels at the end of the 30 days they still got advertisement and potentially a customer. So its a win win for everyone like p_mamusz said Ive never heard of IGN prime or even went to IGN website much before this maybe that will change. Just like steam offering free games or GOG no difference in my opinion.

I see it as IGN giveaway. They bought the codes, IGN hopes by giving away 30 day free subscription you will like prime enough to buy their service.
Kabuto: That's the point though. nagytow method means you have no intention of wanting to use prime in the slightest. You just see it as a free game and nothing else.
Post edited October 10, 2011 by Whitewraith
It's really just a publicity stunt to increase traffic and possibly get some subscribers. Do you think everyone will cancel? I doubt it. And how many do you think will sign for Prime even now that the "mistake" was rectified? I mean Sanctum and the offered DLC cost 15 euro on Steam (for me at least). If you subscribe to Prime for a month at 6.95$ you still get a good deal out of it and that's disregarding other benefits such as the discounts offered on games.

Honestly this is no different than GamersGate selling some games at 0.02$, 0.10$, and other such prices during the summer sale and calling it a mistake. Some games had the price wrong for quite some days.... mistake my ass.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to trust that IGN made a mistake today.
Delixe: Not only that they have to get those sales in less than a month, it's absolutley impossible goal.
Which is no doubt why it was chosen. Better off putting a quid in a charity box. At least you know where it's going to then (more or less).
Aningan: It's really just a publicity stunt to increase traffic and possibly get some subscribers. Do you think everyone will cancel? I doubt it. And how many do you think will sign for Prime even now that the "mistake" was rectified? I mean Sanctum and the offered DLC cost 15 euro on Steam (for me at least). If you subscribe to Prime for a month at 6.95$ you still get a good deal out of it and that's disregarding other benefits such as the discounts offered on games.

Honestly this is no different than GamersGate selling some games at 0.02$, 0.10$, and other such prices during the summer sale and calling it a mistake. Some games had the price wrong for quite some days.... mistake my ass.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to trust that IGN made a mistake today.
What was the mistake? I have the IGN prime account and they still offer sanctum and dlc as part of it benefits. edit your saying its not a mistake 8)
Post edited October 10, 2011 by Whitewraith
Kabuto: I have to agree. This really is no different than taking advantage of the telltale error that resulted in a free game without purchase last year.
Wait wut? They have an ongoing promotion to sample the benefits of IGN Prime free of charge for the first month. Now they started another for paid and trial accounts also(!), and you say taking advantage of these advertisement offers is like taking advantage of a sexy lady gagged and tied to her bed? Ah yes, nothin like a little bondage fun to shake up family love life a bit. ^.^
Kabuto: I have to agree. This really is no different than taking advantage of the telltale error that resulted in a free game without purchase last year.
p_mamusz: Wait wut? They have an ongoing promotion to sample the benefits of IGN Prime free of charge for the first month. Now they started another for paid and trial accounts also(!), and you say taking advantage of these advertisement offers is like taking advantage of a sexy lady gagged and tied to her bed? Ah yes, nothin like a little bondage fun to shake up family love life a bit. ^.^
If your going to act confused, don't confuse me back at least. Seriously man, if the analogy sounds ridiculous, Don't use it. Hank Williams Jr found that out last week.

Yeah my comparison was kind of extreme too but all I ask is to at least feign interest in Prime for a few days. This is like, thanks IGN you dumb bastards.
Not that I feel the need to explain myself or anything but I've got few words on the subject.

I just provided the way. Morality and ethics are unrelated. It's quite similar to those Dirt3 codes. You can use them or not. Here everything is legit, you don't break any rules.
Yeah, this way is to get the game for free.

I believe there are consequences of mistakes for everyone. I never hesitate to take advantage of them. Especially when someone is not too keen on fixing them (this way of obtaining the game has been known, for some people, for more than 3 days).

Personally I've never heard of IGN Prime before. But hey, now I've checked what they offer and actually there's nothing interesting for me. They've got a whole month to make me change my mind though.

"these lengths" are overstatement actually, the whole process takes about 2 minutes.

On the plus side, one person (of many, but still) decided to subscribe!

I could actually ask you the same question. Isn't it easier to just download HB than buying 20 copies for $0.01 which instead of helping the developers actually makes them lose money (they pay $0.30 per transaction)? Yeah, morality is a strange thing...
http://wwww.gog.com/en/forum/general/humble_indie_bundle_3/post96

Aningan: I wouldn't be in a hurry to trust that IGN made a mistake today.
As stated above, it did not happen today :)
Post edited October 10, 2011 by nagytow
Aningan: I wouldn't be in a hurry to trust that IGN made a mistake today.
nagytow: As stated above, it did not happen today :)
That, I did not know. But it makes it even harder to buy into the "mistake" BS.
nagytow: As stated above, it did not happen today :)
Aningan: That, I did not know. But it makes it even harder to buy into the "mistake" BS.
Me too. I mean, you'd think that 5000 codes would literally disappear within an hour or so. I guess they needed something to let people know about that Prime thing.
nagytow: Me too. I mean, you'd think that 5000 codes would literally disappear within an hour or so. I guess they needed something to let people know about that Prime thing.
Sanctum codes are all gone... :'(
The DLCs, however, are still available.