It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can't warn people against Far Cry enough. They won't listen to me, of course. Everyone else loves it. But it's on the list of "games I consider to be crimes against humanity."
Taleroth: I can't warn people against Far Cry enough. They won't listen to me, of course. Everyone else loves it. But it's on the list of "games I consider to be crimes against humanity."
Mods /end
Taleroth: I can't warn people against Far Cry enough. They won't listen to me, of course. Everyone else loves it. But it's on the list of "games I consider to be crimes against humanity."
I thought it was crappy too. It was like a little boy playing with his action figures, using a travel brochure as backdrop.
Delixe: Mods /end
You only think that's /end. I'm just patiently waiting for someone to come along and say "but, Taleroth, what do you precisely hate about Far Cry?"

Waiting...
Taleroth: You only think that's /end. I'm just patiently waiting for someone to come along and say "but, Taleroth, what do you precisely hate about Far Cry?"

Waiting...
"but, Taleroth, what do you precisely hate about Far Cry?"

Personally, I'd have added more exclamation marks, more majuscules, less punctuation and more badly spelt words...
But thats just me...
Post edited May 26, 2011 by pops117
edit: not important anymore
Post edited May 26, 2011 by gyokzoli
nmillar: £1.25 for Far Cry and £2.50 for Far Cry 2 here. Or £3.74 for the pack (a saving of £0.01). UK wins this round.
gyokzoli: Can you help me buying the pack? If so, then please pm me your paypal id and I send you the money.
Do you still need them?
Taleroth: You only think that's /end. I'm just patiently waiting for someone to come along and say "but, Taleroth, what do you precisely hate about Far Cry?"

Waiting...
pops117: "but, Taleroth, what do you precisely hate about Far Cry?"
I'm glad you asked. I think the core concept of what I hate about Far Cry is how stealth is both absolutely necessary and absolutely useless. The typical gameplay consists of crouch walking between bushes while keeping your eye only on the detection meter. Between any two bushes, there's a high chance you'll be spotted by a guy 5 miles down the road. If you're lucky and there's no rocket snipers, or you killed them already, then you can duck two feet back into the bush where the enemies stop shooting at you. Now, depending on the situation, you have two choices. Pop in and out of cover to shoot them in the head from across the map or hide in your bush until they stumble on you and shoot them in the head from one foot away.

Indoor areas are much simpler, of course. Find out where the enemies are, wait for them to blindly rush you from around a corner, and kill them.

The later stages of the game try to fix these flaws by introducing miniature cyberdemons. They're like rocket snipers, but with more health. And they start designing areas so that the previous tactics are harder to use, while still being the only way to actually fight.
#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:12912#Q&_^Q&Q#
Face it, the game is too hard for ya. :p
gyokzoli: Can you help me buying the pack? If so, then please pm me your paypal id and I send you the money.
reaver894: Do you still need them?
Yes.
reaver894: Do you still need them?
gyokzoli: Yes.
Add me on steam dpaxton894
Taleroth: I'm glad you asked. I think the core concept of what I hate about Far Cry is how stealth is both absolutely necessary and absolutely useless. The typical gameplay consists of crouch walking between bushes while keeping your eye only on the detection meter. Between any two bushes, there's a high chance you'll be spotted by a guy 5 miles down the road. If you're lucky and there's no rocket snipers, or you killed them already, then you can duck two feet back into the bush where the enemies stop shooting at you. Now, depending on the situation, you have two choices. Pop in and out of cover to shoot them in the head from across the map or hide in your bush until they stumble on you and shoot them in the head from one foot away.

Indoor areas are much simpler, of course. Find out where the enemies are, wait for them to blindly rush you from around a corner, and kill them.

The later stages of the game try to fix these flaws by introducing miniature cyberdemons. They're like rocket snipers, but with more health. And they start designing areas so that the previous tactics are harder to use, while still being the only way to actually fight.
Alright. I never played Far Cry because from what I've seen and heard I got the feeling I wouldn't enjoy it. And my gut feeling always served me well for game purchases to this date (except ME2 maybe :P).
To be frank I only got Crysis because of the engine and the sandbox editor, but the game itself proved to be suprisingly OK. At least I didn't encounter the things you evoked in Crysis.
Taleroth: Evil Genius is steam's daily deal. GO GO GO GO GO GO
http://store.steampowered.com/app/3720/
ne_zavarj: For $7.04 ? I'm glad i own a GOG copy of the game .
$2.50 at a Xmas sale on Steam. This game is so awesome though, worth any price mentioned here ;)
Post edited May 26, 2011 by Pheace
Taleroth: I'm just patiently waiting for someone to come along and say "but, Taleroth, what do you precisely hate about Far Cry?"

Waiting...
Or you could just avoid being intentionally obfuscatory for posturing sake and come right out and say it... crazy idea, I know.
Metro09: intentionally obfuscatory
I don't think that means what you think it means.