It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Foxhack: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I refuse to pay $10 for the original Alice though. Fucking EA!
CymTyr: You're probably not going to find it cheaper anywhere else. Every time I check ebay it's listed at 20-25 for a cd copy.
So I should resell the copy that I bought from a charity shop for just $1?
CymTyr: You're probably not going to find it cheaper anywhere else. Every time I check ebay it's listed at 20-25 for a cd copy.
ABH20: So I should resell the copy that I bought from a charity shop for just $1?
I would keep it, the original copies of AM's Alice are only going to go up in value, from what I've seen ;)
Pheace: Tony(Amazon)'s working on putting the deals up in his thread now:

Kind of odd how Steam packs tend to be the main focus lately, not that I'm complaining :)
**snip**
nijuu: Thanks for that :). Im guessing people more likely than not go to buy games off Amazon for the steam keyed variety (i know i do on and off for games not on GOG). Damn sight better pricing :P
I do, but I also like getting Origin and uPlay games from there. Again, it's cheaper and it's fast. If there's a DRM free version, though, I always get that (there was one bundle deal at one time that I think had partial Steam DRM, because I wanted that game on Steam, multiplayer I think, I did opt for that one).
Pheace: snip
ne_zavarj: As i see they are offering the same bundles like they did in the Spring / Easter sale . ( if i remember right )
They're offering better mixing and matching. If you see a bundle and want 2 games but have one, you have a better chance of finding the same game or two in another bundle for which you don't own any (or as many) titles.
Post edited December 16, 2012 by orcishgamer
I already own it, I bought it over eight years ago.

The value went down like a rock after the Origin rerelease already.
I'm still hesitating : GOG holiday sale or the weekend deal on Big Fish Games ? :(
deadfolk: ...
Yeah, I'm not offended, the point is to let people know about the game as it's a moderate investment in time and money for many, thanks for helping, obviously I could only flail a bit on some points:)

I had found what I thought were "investigation missions" previously, when I wrote that. I thought they were the "go find out what happened to these unaccounted for townsfolk" during the zombie outbreak and I couldn't figure out why this was a big deal.

But they're not, for those who know what an ARG is, the investigation missions are ARGs. The idea of TSW is that it's happening right now, today, in our world, while leading up to the apocalypse I guess. So at times we have to research on the web, one character mentions "hidden forums that don't show up on Google". This is pure ARG stuff as far as I can tell. There is an in game browser, just hit "B" to bring it up. This is the first time I've seen ARG stuff in a mainstream game I've been playing. There was ilovebees and a few others, I've just never been lucky enough to be involved when it was going on.

I didn't know that you could get so much AP and SP that you could do so much. Note SP is gained at 1/3 the rate of AP (so 1 SP for every 3 AP), so you have to be a hair choosey where you spend it. Longtime players have stated that point for point talismans give a far better return on investment and will allow you to alter your load out far more.

Also, I forgot to mention a rather pervasive crafting system. You can break down unneeded gear (or sell it). I hear you can even break down Tacos (a healing boost) into Nachos, which makes me laugh.

So I guess the moral is, don't sweat your initial choices.

Finally, I did realize I could select clothing at creation, I just found it to be all so similar it didn't matter, e.g. no glasses, thin rimmed glasses, and 8 colors of thick rimmed glasses. 4 colors of hoodie or 5 colors of bomber jacket. Here's 6 colors of slacks, or you can have khacki shorts or jeans (one choice of each). Perhaps you can buy more than this and it seems like there's vendors that sell really expensive looking clothing (like stuff that costs 500,000 of whatever currency, PAX I think).

Yeah, I'm sure there's people who play girls not in bikinis, I just saw a lot of red bikinis last night. I was being snide more than literal:)

BIG MORAL OF THE POST: Don't sweat your choices (except maybe SP allocation) very much because the other resources are plentiful and it doesn't much matter. If Blood Magic sucks and you'd rather use a Shotgun, you can. If that sword swinging gets old and you'd rather use a sledge hammer, it seems like that's no big deal either.
uqblf: Also I just bought Might & Magic Clash Of Heroes at Amazon for $2.54 (83% off, Steamworks) - think that's about the cheapest it has been, only matched by Nuuvem's recent sale.
This game is very fun and I highly recommend it as a take on puzzle strategy that I have not seen before and found very fun (even though I don't normally play many puzzle games). If you have XBLA there is a demo for it, not sure about on PC, but it gets much more complex and fun than the demo, even, but it's a good taste. There's DLC if you want to up the difficulty to 11, after beating the game, even at full price the DLC is only 2-3 bucks, so it's not big deal either. There's plenty of game w/o the DLC though.
Foxhack: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I refuse to pay $10 for the original Alice though. Fucking EA!
If Madness Returns is 5 USD and the Alice is 10 USD you have relative value to the quality of both games as well:)

Yes, the sequel was drawn out suckitude, if pretty. The first one was amazing.
amok: Defender's Quest is the daily on Steam -66% (£4.07 here)
Oooh this looks fun, any recommendations?
Post edited December 16, 2012 by orcishgamer
amok: Defender's Quest is the daily on Steam -66% (£4.07 here)
orcishgamer: Oooh this looks fun, any recommendations?
Highly recommended. One of the best tower defence games ever made.
orcishgamer: Oooh this looks fun, any recommendations?
amok: Highly recommended. One of the best tower defence games ever made.
Now that I see it's a GOG as well, I guess I'll pay the extra 2 bucks. Thank you.
carnival73: Sweeter deal if they removed IV and Stronghold and replaced them the missing DLC for V.
BoxOfSnoo: Better price, but just for the Civ bundle: http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/civ-v-goty-civ-v-gk-bundle

$15.49

What DLCs are missing from the GOTY version?
That's actually a good question, there might not be any missing - it's hard to tell because they really spammed V with DLCs.
Build a Greenlight Bundle... Soooon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrrJsrBGSNA
http://groupees.com/bagb

Beware planet Earth
Oozi: Earth Adventure
Recruits
Wooden Sen'sei
Salvation Prophecy
Millenium: A new Hope
I Shall Remain
Private Infiltrator
Eryi's Action

Awesome!
Post edited December 16, 2012 by kjx
BoxOfSnoo: Better price, but just for the Civ bundle: http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/civ-v-goty-civ-v-gk-bundle

$15.49

What DLCs are missing from the GOTY version?
carnival73: That's actually a good question, there might not be any missing - it's hard to tell because they really spammed V with DLCs.
Leading on from that, what DLC for V is actually worth buying?

Question - whats the big deal about Alice and Alice Returns? :P
Post edited December 16, 2012 by nijuu
carnival73: That's actually a good question, there might not be any missing - it's hard to tell because they really spammed V with DLCs.
As was answered a [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post32937]posts below the one you quoted, the 2 missing DLCs are Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World, which are also available as a combo pack. Then there's also the Gods and Kings expansion pack.
As to which of those are worth buying, it depends on what you consider worthy. Is an extra civilization worth the ~$2? For me it was, but YMMV. I also hope G&K will be worth it, but waiting for christmas to get it.
nijuu: Question - whats the big deal about Alice and Alice Returns? :P
EA gave away the original Alice to people who preordered Alice Returns at Origin. Anyone who bought the retail boxed copy or the game at other digital distributors didn't get it, and there was no way of buying the game from them until now.
Amazon Digital Holiday!

Highlighted deals by Tony on CAG, with direct links to the deals:

12/16-12/22

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $7.49 contains (all activate on Steam):
1. Homefront
2. Metro 2033
3. Red Faction Armageddon
4. Red Faction Guerrilla
5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
6. Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

12/16-1/5:

2K Super Strategy Pack: $19.99 contains (all activate on Steam):
1. Civilization V Gods & Kings
2. Civilization V GOTY
3. Civilization IV Complete Edition
4. The Stronghold Collection

2K Shooter Pack - $9.99 contains (all activate on Steam):
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF + DLC)

Bioshock Dual Pack: $4.99 both activate on Steam:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2

The Desert to Sea Bundle: $9.99 contains (all activate on Steam):
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Spec Ops: The Line

The WTF Pack: $9.99 contains (all activate on Steam):
1. Borderlands GOTY
2. Duke Nukem Forever
3. The Darkness II

2K Mega Pack: $29.99 contains (all activate on Steam except CivCity Rome):
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. CivCity Rome - NOT STEAM
5. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF+ both DLCs)
6. Mafia II
7. Civilization V GOTY
8. Civilization IV Complete
9. The Stronghold Collection

Oh So Fine Bundle: $7.49 contains (all activate on Steam):
1. Costume Quest
2. Stacking
3. Psychonauts

Endless Space Emperor Special Edition: $8.74 - Steam
Endless Space Admiral Edition: $7.49 - Steam
Blacklight Tango Down: $1.24 - Steam
Payday The Heist: $4.99 - Steam

12/16-12/22:

Alice: Madness Returns The Complete Collection: $14.99

The Sims 3: $9.99
The Sims 3 Seasons: $19.99
The Sims 3 Showtime: $10.19
The Sims 3 Supernatural: $19.99
The Sims 3 Pets: $13.59

Need for Speed Ultimate Digital Collection: $7.49 contains:
1. Need For Speed - Shift
2. Need for Speed: ProStreet
3. Need for Speed: Undercover
4. Shift 2 - Unleashed

Syndicate: $4.99

12/16-12/27:

Sonic Generations: $7.49 - Steam

12/20-12/26:

Dead Island GOTY: $4.99
JMich: As was answered a [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post32937]posts below the one you quoted, the 2 missing DLCs are Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World, which are also available as a combo pack. Then there's also the Gods and Kings expansion pack.
As to which of those are worth buying, it depends on what you consider worthy. Is an extra civilization worth the ~$2? For me it was, but YMMV. I also hope G&K will be worth it, but waiting for christmas to get it.
I got the bundle of both, so I have only ever played with the expansion pack but I totally think G&K is worth it. Lots more gameplay enhancements and units. Espionage is pretty significant, and better naval battles is pretty nice, too, among other things.