It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

karnak1: As this was quite a shitty year in GOG releases, allow us to close this year in glory.
Stop sulking because Oblivion is still not here! All in all it's been a surprisingly good year I'd say - some games I never thought I'd see on GoG (or at least not this soon) showed up.

Of course we're still missing some long-lost oldies titans, but I'm confident they'll end up here someday.
Post edited December 15, 2016 by WinterSnowfall
karnak1: As this was quite a shitty year in GOG releases, allow us to close this year in glory.
mistermumbles: o.O Was it? Was it really? Let's see:

Bio Menace
Railroad Tycoon 2 & 3
X-COM series
Sid Meier's Pirates (2004)
Civilization 3 & 4
VtM: Bloodlines
Strife
SW: Shadows of the Empire
Homeworld 1 & 2
Battlezone '98
Sim City 3000
Titan Quest
Dead Space
Dragon Age: Origins
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Mirror's Edge
Gun
Day of the Tentacle
Crysis
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

...and those are only some of the titles I was personally interested in. Obviously I also left out some great indies from that list like Ori and the Blind Forest, Broforce, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Bloodrayne Betrayal, A Boy and His Blob (debatable about the indie part), Hard Reset, etc. Yup, this sure was a super shitty year of GOG releases. *rolls eyes*
I'll definitely agree that Homeworld, Battlezone, 2K games and VtM were indeed great launches (I don't care much for EA games). But...

GOG has near 200 work-days to lauch games, per year.

You mean to tell me that about 20 good games released this year is a good mark? :(
WinterSnowfall: Stop sulking because Oblivion is still not here! All in all it's been a surprisingly good year I'd say - some games I never thought I'd see on GoG (or at least not this soon) showed up.

Of course we're still missing some long-lost oldies titans, but I'm confident they'll end up here someday.
Honestly... I prefer Fallout 3. Even though it's way shittier than 1 or 2.
Post edited December 15, 2016 by karnak1
karnak1: snip
You're tough to please, aren't you? Hell, 20 really good games would be more than enough to keep me happy for a year or beyond (see: Civ, X-COM, RRT), and I haven't even had the time to play through half (or should I say quarter?) of the stuff I bought this year.
I hope we'll see Steamworld Heist soon!
Bio Menace
You make a good start with your list...
... with a game released last year. :P
Post edited December 15, 2016 by Grargar
karnak1: I'll definitely agree that Homeworld, Battlezone, 2K games and VtM were indeed great launches (I don't care much for EA games). But...

GOG has near 200 work-days to lauch games, per year.

You mean to tell me that about 20 good games released this year is a good mark? :(
With all due respect, you may not have thought the new EA releases were important, but a lot of other people did. And while it's easy to trivialize some of the releases made this year, having the X-Com series was very important in that it heralded 2K Interactive (and potentially Take Two, with it) coming to GOG. Ditto for Homeworld heralding Gearbox's arrival on GOG. And VtM:B, and Civ III/IV were games that a lot of people wanted on GOG for a long, long, long time.

And those games cited above were just games that mistermumbles found important. For me, other highlights were Zombasite, Killing Time, Avadon 3, Downwell, Undertale, Enter the Gungeon, Firewatch, the BIT.TRIP games, Sword of the Stars, Stardew Valley, Nuclear Throne and Darkest Dungeon. Plus some really interesting old games that were extremely obscure, like Parkan.

You probably didn't like any of these games, or found them terribly intresting compared to the games that you personally wanted -- and that's perfectly fine. Year over year, I personally found that the 2016 release roster was a bit of a low point compared to 2015, but with so many anticipated games released in 2015, it'd be hard to top something like that anyway. But the point is that I don't think it's fair or just (or at the very least, it's highly subjective) to say "GOG didn't release any good games this year!", or "2016 was a shit year for games on GOG!". For me personally, 2016 was a great year, with a lot of great releases.

karnak1: snip
mistermumbles: You're tough to please, aren't you? Hell, 20 really good games would be more than enough to keep me happy for a year or beyond (see: Civ, X-COM, RRT), and I haven't even had the time to play through half (or should I say quarter?) of the stuff I bought this year.
Indeed; if anything, GOG's 2016 was bad for both my wallet and my resolution to get through more of my already-hefty backlog.
Post edited December 15, 2016 by rampancy
Bio Menace
Grargar: You make a good start with your list...
... with a game released last year. :P
Well, oops! My bad! ;)
high rated
karnak1: Dear Gods of Old Games, high in Retro-Olympus:

Please, grant us the pleasure of having something good and great, before this year is over. As this was quite a shitty year in GOG releases, allow us to close this year in glory.

Amen
"The games I want to see were not released so the entire year is ruined...forever!" the post :P
It's been a very good year, and the EA releases were some fantastic. I am itching for some more releases from big-name publishers though (Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Squeenix), despite - admittedly - 2K bringing several Civ games not too long ago.

Please, grant us the pleasure of having something good and great, before this year is over. As this was quite a shitty year in GOG releases, allow us to close this year in glory.

Amen
JudasIscariot: "The games I want to see were not released so the entire year is ruined...forever!" the post :P
I never said it's ruined. But this sure ain't 2015.
And X-Com and Civ were the best.
Post edited December 15, 2016 by karnak1

Amen
JudasIscariot: "The games I want to see were not released so the entire year is ruined...forever!" the post :P
in all truth, i think this year has been pretty great on gog (i have picked up most major releases and then some) despite my fiery desire to fellate bethesda with a pankace dipped in maple infused motor oil.
fortune_p_dawg: in all truth, i think this year has been pretty great on gog (i have picked up most major releases and then some) despite my fiery desire to fellate bethesda with a pancake dipped in maple infused motor oil.
...and now I've been sitting here for 30 minutes trying to imagine how that would work.
fortune_p_dawg: in all truth, i think this year has been pretty great on gog (i have picked up most major releases and then some) despite my fiery desire to fellate bethesda with a pancake dipped in maple infused motor oil.
rampancy: ...and now I've been sitting here for 30 minutes trying to imagine how that would work.
Best to just walk away....
fortune_p_dawg: in all truth, i think this year has been pretty great on gog (i have picked up most major releases and then some) despite my fiery desire to fellate bethesda with a pankace dipped in maple infused motor oil.
I'm not entirely sure if fellate is the word you wanted to use here. At first I thought you might have meant flagellate or fillet... but this is you and Bethesda soooo... :p

[EDIT] That might be a good way to bring Oblivion here faster at least :D
Post edited December 16, 2016 by tremere110
high rated
rampancy: ...and now I've been sitting here for 30 minutes trying to imagine how that would work.
JudasIscariot: Best to just walk away....
This is exactly what happens when honest, god-fearing, hard-working folk are denied their Oblivion for too long. Shame on you GOG people! Shame on you!! :O