It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New in developers/publishers: Martin Ivanov for Hearts of Iron: Darkest Hour?
The-Business: New in developers/publishers: Martin Ivanov for Hearts of Iron: Darkest Hour?
It's 2.5 EUR on Steam right now...They sure won't make a fortune with it here ;-/
I didn't buy it because it wasn't yet available without DRM (if I remember correct).
The-Business: New in developers/publishers: Martin Ivanov for Hearts of Iron: Darkest Hour?
Oh wow, that would be wonderful news indeed. I've heard good things about Darkest Hour. As a fan of the original HoI2, I'd be very happy to try it out. =)

I wonder if this means that we'll eventually get Arsenal of Democracy as well, though some might consider that to be redundant.
"The Quest" by Redshift is apparently coming soon to GOG. Looks a lot like the Might and magic games but you only control one character.
Siegor: "The Quest" by Redshift is apparently coming soon to GOG. Looks a lot like the Might and magic games but you only control one character.
Oh awesome, did they actually get it approved? Did they say when?
Siegor: "The Quest" by Redshift is apparently coming soon to GOG. Looks a lot like the Might and magic games but you only control one character.
I stumbled on that a while ago and got interested. I wish someone made some gameplay footage or let's play so I could see if it's actually fun to play. I wish they would've chosen to name it something else though. With dozens of games having "the quest" in their names, finding footage about it will be a pain.
tburger: It's 2.5 EUR on Steam right now...They sure won't make a fortune with it here ;-/
Since people here usually want their games complete(?), adding it will increase the likelihood such people would buy the base game/original game here. So yeah, since GOG is selling Hearts of Iron games here, it makes sense they also try to get all the expansion packs etc. for them too (even unofficial standalone ones, if they are considered important).
Post edited December 23, 2015 by timppu
tburger: It's 2.5 EUR on Steam right now...They sure won't make a fortune with it here ;-/
timppu: Since people here usually want their games complete(?), adding it will increase the likelihood such people would buy the base game/original game here. So yeah, since GOG is selling Hearts of Iron games here, it makes sense they also try to get all the expansion packs etc. for them too (even unofficial standalone ones, if they are considered important).
I was just reffering to the fact it's 1) it's rather niche genre 2) price is dirt cheap 3) GOG customers' number is much lower than Steam's.
Still I would be more than happy to buy another Paradox game here
tburger: I was just reffering to the fact it's 1) it's rather niche genre 2) price is dirt cheap 3) GOG customers' number is much lower than Steam's.
Still I would be more than happy to buy another Paradox game here
Yeah... but not having it on GOG would possibly decrease the changes that people want to buy the rest of the HOI series here. So even if that standalone expansion in itself isn't necessarily much of a cash cow, it might be important in the big picture.
ShadowWulfe: Oh awesome, did they actually get it approved? Did they say when?
Apparently yes and regarding the date they didn't give a specific one. Soon-ish...
Petrell: I stumbled on that a while ago and got interested. I wish someone made some gameplay footage or let's play so I could see if it's actually fun to play. I wish they would've chosen to name it something else though. With dozens of games having "the quest" in their names, finding footage about it will be a pain.
I found a 20 minutes youtube vídeo with some gameplay. Possible spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAy7VB-emnU
New company: Crystal Empire Games: For the Glory. Seems like we will get some Paradox games.
timppu: Since people here usually want their games complete(?), adding it will increase the likelihood such people would buy the base game/original game here. So yeah, since GOG is selling Hearts of Iron games here, it makes sense they also try to get all the expansion packs etc. for them too (even unofficial standalone ones, if they are considered important).
Actually to play Darkest Hour you don't need to buy Hearts of Iron 2 since its not a mod anymore but a game built on the foundation of Hearts of Iron 2. The same is valid for Arsenal of Democracy.
The-Business: New company: Crystal Empire Games: For the Glory. Seems like we will get some Paradox games.
Great news. Its another good mod turned in to a game.
Post edited December 24, 2015 by Matruchus
Matruchus: Actually to play Darkest Hour you don't need to buy Hearts of Iron 2 since its not a mod anymore but a game built on the foundation of Hearts of Iron 2. The same is valid for Arsenal of Democracy.
Yes (I already mentioned myself too <span class="bold">here</span> that it is a standalone expansion), but people still quite often prefer having standalone expansions or even different parts of series on the same service/store. Or at least I do, e.g. because I have bought the different HOI games on GOG, I hope all the related parts and expansion packs will be possible to be bought here too. I'd rather not buy bits and pieces here and there to get the complete series.

It would be just illogical for GOG to refuse HOI2 related expansions (standalone or not) now that they finally got Paradox games onboard. I'm a bit surprised we are even discussion about this.
Post edited December 24, 2015 by timppu
timppu: It would be just illogical for GOG to refuse HOI2 related expansions (standalone or not) now that they finally got Paradox games onboard. I'm a bit surprised we are even discussion about this.
When has GOG ever shown logic when it comes to what does or does not come here?

The reason it's obvious that GOG will release any and all HOI games is that they have a raging hard-on for RTS.
Post edited December 25, 2015 by ReynardFox