It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ReynardFox: The reason it's obvious that GOG will release any and all HOI games is that they have a raging hard-on for RTS.
It's funny how things go. Some time ago, there were people complaining that GOG didn't release any Strategy game and instead had a hard-on for Indie Puzzle Platformers and Point and Click Adventures. :P
ReynardFox: The reason it's obvious that GOG will release any and all HOI games is that they have a raging hard-on for RTS.
Grargar: It's funny how things go. Some time ago, there were people complaining that GOG didn't release any Strategy game and instead had a hard-on for Indie Puzzle Platformers and Point and Click Adventures. :P
Well that was true before when gog released maybe one and at most (god forbid) two strategy games a month (not necessiarly RTS game though) and everything else was what you described above. I think the mix now is more balanced with 3-4 pseudo RTS (including mixed genre games that include RTS, RTT, RPG since gog doesn't understand the genre difference). This makes 45 pseudo RTS games released in this year (without dlc taken in to account according to Magog search engine).
Post edited December 25, 2015 by Matruchus
Grargar: It's funny how things go. Some time ago, there were people complaining that GOG didn't release any Strategy game and instead had a hard-on for Indie Puzzle Platformers and Point and Click Adventures. :P
Matruchus: Well that was true before when gog released maybe one and at most (god forbid) two strategy games a month (not necessiarly RTS game though) and everything else was what you described above. I think the mix now is more balanced with 3-4 pseudo RTS (including mixed genre games that include RTS, RTT, RPG since gog doesn't understand the genre difference). This makes 45 pseudo RTS games released in this year (without dlc taken in to account according to Magog search engine).
Yet we still don't have a lot of the popular RTS games like Age of Empires, C&C, Red Alert, or Supreme Commander...
IronArcturus: Yet we still don't have a lot of the popular RTS games like Age of Empires, C&C, Red Alert, or Supreme Commander...
I do wonder what's happening with Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance since those games are owned by Nordic. But I can't find them in their online catalog anymore.
Matruchus: I do wonder what's happening with Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance since those games are owned by Nordic. But I can't find them in their online catalog anymore.
Still sold by them on Steam and other stores. Their online catalog doesn't show all the games that they have.
IronArcturus: Yet we still don't have a lot of the popular RTS games like Age of Empires, C&C, Red Alert, or Supreme Commander...
Matruchus: I do wonder what's happening with Supreme Commander + Forged Alliance since those games are owned by Nordic. But I can't find them in their online catalog anymore.
I've heard that the retail version of Supreme Commander has bad DRM, so I've been waiting for GOG to get it and fix it. Right now the wishlist has over 700 votes.
Post edited December 25, 2015 by IronArcturus
IronArcturus: I've heard that the retail version of Supreme Commander has bad DRM, so I've been waiting for GOG to get it and fix it. Right now the wishlist has over 700 votes.
Yes, the new Nordic owned Supreme Commander collection has Nordic online activation system while if you buy the old still available Thq Gold Edition there is no drm included besides standard license key without any online activation..
Post edited December 25, 2015 by Matruchus
IronArcturus: I've heard that the retail version of Supreme Commander has bad DRM, so I've been waiting for GOG to get it and fix it. Right now the wishlist has over 700 votes.
Matruchus: Yes, the new Nordic owned Supreme Commander collection has Nordic online activation system while if you buy the old still available Thq Gold Edition there is no drm included besides standard license key without any online activation..
I still hope GOG can get it someday! :P
Would it be safe to say that Freedom Planet 2 is headed our way?
ReynardFox: Would it be safe to say that Freedom Planet 2 is headed our way?
YES!!!!

I was wondering if they were ever going to make a sequel to Freedom Planet! It's a great homage to Sonic and the 16-bit era!

Is it confirmed that GOG will get FP2?
IronArcturus: YES!!!!

I was wondering if they were ever going to make a sequel to Freedom Planet! It's a great homage to Sonic and the 16-bit era!

Is it confirmed that GOG will get FP2?
That's what I'm hoping to find out, I've already tweeted to GalaxyTrail, and GOG is following them on Twitter anyway, it seems like a safe bet but nothing official... yet.
*cries a little*

where is Noctropolis!?!?!??!?!
drealmer7: *cries a little*

Steam. :P

omega64: Steam. :P
But will there be a GOG version?

omega64: Steam. :P
you read the topic right? it's about games being released on GOG. your smartass is stupid.

IronArcturus: But will there be a GOG version?
Last I heard they said they were "working with GOG on a release date", that was like, July maybe?