It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

drealmer7: *cries a little*

where is Noctropolis!?!?!??!?!
Really want to see Noctropolis here on GOG!
I would buy it like a shot!!! ( :
FrodoBaggins: Really want to see Noctropolis here on GOG!
Yeah, I've msged NIghtDive multiple times about it and last time I did I said "it's killing me!", to which they finally responded and said "sorry for the killing."

I've been keeping $20 aside for months now so I can buy a copy + gift a copy once it releases on GOG. Steam is having a sale though and there are some games there I've been wanting for a while and might just buy them with it and hope to get money to buy Noctropolis at some other point if it ever releases here. I've practically given up.
FrodoBaggins: Really want to see Noctropolis here on GOG!
drealmer7: Yeah, I've msged NIghtDive multiple times about it and last time I did I said "it's killing me!", to which they finally responded and said "sorry for the killing."

I've been keeping $20 aside for months now so I can buy a copy + gift a copy once it releases on GOG. Steam is having a sale though and there are some games there I've been wanting for a while and might just buy them with it and hope to get money to buy Noctropolis at some other point if it ever releases here. I've practically given up.
Urgh, don't understand their attitude. What have they got to lose, by bringing it to GOG???
FrodoBaggins: ...
The way it was phrased made it sound like he was neither confirming that it would or would not release here. He was supremely ambiguous after previously they had said it is going to release here. I don't know. Hell forbid GOG communicate anything to their customers about it either.
Maybe an exclusivity deal was worked out with Valve? Though I'd wait to buy it here myself. Hopefully they bring it soon.
drealmer7: The way it was phrased made it sound like he was neither confirming that it would or would not release here. He was supremely ambiguous after previously they had said it is going to release here. I don't know. Hell forbid GOG communicate anything to their customers about it either.
This is far from an official Night Dive source, but there was a relatively recent interview with Stephen Kick here some time after Noctrgpolis was released on Steam. If you want to listen to the .mp3 file, jump to around 13 minutes and 14 seconds to get to the interview section with Kick.
omega64: Steam. :P
drealmer7: you read the topic right? it's about games being released on GOG. your smartass is stupid.

IronArcturus: But will there be a GOG version?
drealmer7: Last I heard they said they were "working with GOG on a release date", that was like, July maybe?
Of course I knew what he meant. xD
drealmer7: The way it was phrased made it sound like he was neither confirming that it would or would not release here. He was supremely ambiguous after previously they had said it is going to release here. I don't know. Hell forbid GOG communicate anything to their customers about it either.
thesmashingone: This is far from an official Night Dive source, but there was a relatively recent interview with Stephen Kick here some time after Noctrgpolis was released on Steam. If you want to listen to the .mp3 file, jump to around 13 minutes and 14 seconds to get to the interview section with Kick.
Thanks!

Sooo, they don't want to release it on GOG unless it can have achievements on GOGGalaxy? That is really stupid. And infuriating. The whole concept of achievements is supremely stupid to me. That they would affect the release of a game is utterly mind-boggling. GAH!!!
thesmashingone: This is far from an official Night Dive source, but there was a relatively recent interview with Stephen Kick here some time after Noctrgpolis was released on Steam. If you want to listen to the .mp3 file, jump to around 13 minutes and 14 seconds to get to the interview section with Kick.
drealmer7: Thanks!

Sooo, they don't want to release it on GOG unless it can have achievements on GOGGalaxy? That is really stupid. And infuriating. The whole concept of achievements is supremely stupid to me. That they would affect the release of a game is utterly mind-boggling. GAH!!!
I thought achievements already worked in Galaxy though.
drealmer7: Sooo, they don't want to release it on GOG unless it can have achievements on GOGGalaxy? That is really stupid. And infuriating. The whole concept of achievements is supremely stupid to me. That they would affect the release of a game is utterly mind-boggling. GAH!!!
I had the impression that it was similar reasoning that's held back Strife's release on GOG.
drealmer7: Thanks!

omega64: I thought achievements already worked in Galaxy though.
They do.
omega64: I thought achievements already worked in Galaxy though.
BKGaming: They do.
I didn't think that meant that every achievement programmed into steam for every game automatically translates over to Galaxy with no effort though. But, I have no idea how any of that works. I was just going by what was said in the interview "we really want Noctropolis to have achievements in galaxy before releasing it on GOG" was essentially it, it seemed.
BKGaming: They do.
drealmer7: I didn't think that meant that every achievement programmed into steam for every game automatically translates over to Galaxy with no effort though. But, I have no idea how any of that works. I was just going by what was said in the interview "we really want Noctropolis to have achievements in galaxy before releasing it on GOG" was essentially it, it seemed.
That is also true. They have to be made Galaxy compatible. They don't just copy over from Steam to Galaxy, there is some work involved. I was just pointing out that achievements do work in Galaxy, so maybe they are working on it.
BKGaming: That is also true. They have to be made Galaxy compatible. They don't just copy over from Steam to Galaxy, there is some work involved. I was just pointing out that achievements do work in Galaxy, so maybe they are working on it.
Very slowly. It sounded like it wasn't really a priority because it's not a popular game and they are more interested/focused on other games that will generate more revenue, but still for some reason don't want to release it without having done that. It makes no sense. The # of people who use Galaxy + want to buy Noctropolis from GOG + actually care about achievements has to be SO SMALL.
I am looking forward to seeing more games, especially modern ones on GoG.