It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: Or perhaps it could be Sub Culture. Putting aside obvious licensing issues, it would be incredible and a huge boost for GOG if they were able to get any classic NFS games. (NFS classics come to GOG first, then Origin)
I would love to own NFS2SE, but as you bring up, I fear licensing hell will probably keep the classic NFS titles away from any digital distribution. I really can't see a company like EA taking the time and money to re-license anything.
Post edited December 21, 2015 by ReynardFox
Post edited December 21, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: Criterion is just the developer and they belong to...
I know, but why bring over this dev for Sub Culture, TrickStyle or Redline Racer? All of these had decidedly fair to middling reception.
tfishell: Putting aside obvious licensing issues, it would be incredible and a huge boost for GOG if they were able to get any classic NFS games. (NFS classics come to GOG first, then Origin)
I seriously doubt it will be happening. Unlike other licensed games like Star Trek and Warhammer, racing games come with a multitude of licenses which guarantees that they won't be making a comeback. Hence why even Origin isn't stocking any Need For Speed game older than ProStreet (a 2007 game).
ReynardFox: I know, but why bring over this dev for Sub Culture, TrickStyle or Redline Racer? All of these had decidedly fair to middling reception.
Who knows? If it's indeed Trickstyle, it might be part of the deal to bring more of Acclaim's back catalog (which now belongs for the most part to Throwback Entertainment).
Post edited December 21, 2015 by Grargar
Grargar: If it's indeed Trickstyle, it might be part of the deal to bring more of Acclaim's back catalog (which now belongs for the most part to Throwback Entertainment).
Yeah, I agree TrickStyle does sound like the most logical candidate. I'd probably get it, but GOG really could use Criterion's bread-and-butter, the arcade car racer, a lot more.
Post edited December 21, 2015 by ReynardFox
The-Business: New companies in the catalog:

Red Hook Studios: Darkest Dungeon (planned release date 2016-01-19)
Nice!!.Looking forward to this one :D
ReynardFox: Holy shit Criterion is here?

Burnout Paradise and NFS Hot Pursuit please,
Wow, that would be great if GOG could get those racing games! Here are the wishlists for Burnout Paradise and NFS III: Hot Pursuit!
Post edited December 21, 2015 by IronArcturus
Just saw that Darkest Dungeon will possibly... maybe... probably come to GoG, thanks for the info!

But also thank you to SLP2000 for starting this thread, and to everyone that contributes in it. It's my favorite thread to follow. Always happy to have a heads-up of what might be coming. That's it! Have a happy holiday y'all (even those, like me, that just lurks)!
metricfun: Just saw that Darkest Dungeon will possibly... maybe... probably come to GoG, thanks for the info!
Not maybe.
Attachments:
upcoming.jpg (313 Kb)
metricfun: Just saw that Darkest Dungeon will possibly... maybe... probably come to GoG, thanks for the info!
Grargar: Not maybe.
Whaaaaa? *teaches me not to click on "upcoming" once, I miss a game I was waiting for*

Thank you ;)
Post edited December 21, 2015 by metricfun
IronArcturus: Wow, that would be great if GOG could get those racing games! Here are the wishlists for Burnout Paradise and NFS III: Hot Pursuit!
Unfortunately I don't hold out hope for the old NFS3:HP as it's likely stuck forever in license hell along with anything earlier than ProStreet. The 2010 Hot Pursuit is a damn fine game in it's own right though and I hope it makes it here.
ReynardFox: Holy shit Criterion is here?

Burnout Paradise and NFS Hot Pursuit please,
IronArcturus: Wow, that would be great if GOG could get those racing games! Here are the wishlists for Burnout Paradise and NFS III: Hot Pursuit!
Burnout Paradise would be pretty awesome, as it would mean finally getting a new game from EA. They've got a good amount of popular games that aren't exclusive to Origin that haven't made it here yet.
ReynardFox: Unfortunately I don't hold out hope for the old NFS3:HP as it's likely stuck forever in license hell along with anything earlier than ProStreet. The 2010 Hot Pursuit is a damn fine game in it's own right though and I hope it makes it here.
Yeah, Hot Pursuit 2010 was pretty good, but I didn't like the fact that the console version was heavily dependent on being online. Was the PC version the same way?
IronArcturus: Yeah, Hot Pursuit 2010 was pretty good, but I didn't like the fact that the console version was heavily dependent on being online. Was the PC version the same way?
Hm, I only played it on 360 and never really felt like it required online... but that's never stopped them effing up a PC version so I can't say. Though now that the game has had it's online component shut down it'd be a more likely candidate for a GOG release.
Post edited December 22, 2015 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: Hm, I only played it on 360 and never really felt like it required online... but that's never stopped them effing up a PC version so I can't say.
Yeah, it's a shame that so many PC games get ruined with always-online DRM.