It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bler144: Mostly I'm curious about the hosting order
TheGOGfather: Agentcarr16 is 4th and you are 5th, so that should give you some more time. I decided to put agentcarr16 back to where he should be, because I no longer remember what he did to annoy me. Also, it makes figuring out the short term ordering a bit easier...
Whooo...

The time has gone by so quickly since I was 614th. Or something like that.

Guess I'd better make sure I'm actually ready to mod something.
drealmer7: WIFOM practice?
Always.
JMich: I never said he would punish me if I didn't vote in a post. I said he would punish anyone breaking a restriction.
...but he said the opposite (in your case). Ah well, what done is done. We sure served scum a nice victory there.
As I've said before, since I'm so active on this forum, I'll be happy to mod or assist.
JMich: I never said he would punish me if I didn't vote in a post. I said he would punish anyone breaking a restriction.
Lifthrasil: ...but he said the opposite (in your case).
He didn't. That would mean I could edit my posts, or I could post once per week. Those are also posting restrictions in the rules of the game, applicable to all.

Vitek was talking about a specific restriction, I was talking about any restriction. Vague on purpose.
Lifthrasil: ...but he said the opposite (in your case). Ah well, what done is done. We sure served scum a nice victory there.
In Vitek's mind, there was no real restriction for JMich (only referring to the self-imposed restriction here), it was all in JMich's mind, so there was not going to be any enforcing if JMich broke his own restriction because it was not a Vitek restriction. Vitek would enforce any restrictions he himself imposed.

This is why we need to discuss more before lynches sometimes. I will try to not make such long posts to allow others to engage discussion with me, but I also think others need to make more of an effort to address all ideas that are on the table, not blindly follow their own thoughts only. I was trying to have discussion about it so hard, I probably did more damage than good around it. I almost tried to appeal to you personally with something like "LIFT, I believe you are town, do you believe I am town? Let's hash out this JMich thing so we don't mislynch"...but I was so frustrated.

I also strongly believed dedo to be town at that point (though later I had doubts), and really wanted to try and talk it out with the 2 of you. Ah well!

We will do better!
Post edited February 15, 2016 by drealmer7
Lifthrasil: ...but he said the opposite (in your case).
JMich: He didn't. That would mean I could edit my posts, or I could post once per week. Those are also posting restrictions in the rules of the game, applicable to all.

Vitek was talking about a specific restriction, I was talking about any restriction. Vague on purpose.
And I was asking you about your specific restriction, when your made your evasive and misleading response. So this 'vague on purpose' led to a big misunderstanding and you appearing scummy (and getting lynched). I hope we can avoid such things in future (unless you some time actually are scum. Then you are welcome to be as evasive and misleading as you like. ;-) )
Post edited February 15, 2016 by Lifthrasil
Message Clear and Understood
JMich: Not so sure how tight the game will be, that is something the players will have to say after the game is done. Either way, you and bookwyrm are the two possible assistant mods so far, either one is fine by me.
drealmer7: I'm cool either way. His sentiment seems to be that he'd prefer to play, so we'll see what he says here for final confirmation either way. If you want it wyrm, it's yours (:
Like I said, I can fill where ever needed. If you want to assist JMich, I'll probably look to fill a spot in game.
drealmer7: I'm cool either way. His sentiment seems to be that he'd prefer to play, so we'll see what he says here for final confirmation either way. If you want it wyrm, it's yours (:
Bookwyrm627: Like I said, I can fill where ever needed. If you want to assist JMich, I'll probably look to fill a spot in game.
yes, take a spot, I'll assist mod. groovy!
drealmer7: yes, take a spot, I'll assist mod. groovy!
Groovy?
At this point, I'm probably more interested in modding than playing. Still trying to get un-burned from three consecutive games as Mafia that ended in utter disaster. Modding is a different kind of animal, however, as I'm guaranteed to win. ;)

I'll stay signed up.

My only thing is that I'm going to be out of town for 10 days end of March / into April on vacation, so I might switch spots with someone if my game would overrun that time frame. I'll be in London, so I can get closer when throwing paper airplanes at adalia and Robbeasy.

I might as well float this balloon now:

I have two games in my pocket, and I'd be interested to hear the players' opinions on which they'd like to play.

Game 1 is a more "vanilla" kind of game, similar to the one just played... but of course with plenty of yogslothian silly flavor. This game's mechanics are finished; I just have to finish writing all the intro flavor and PMs. Which, as you know from my prior game, takes a whack ton of time.

Game 2 is a different animal. It's a game that plays a bit of havoc with the basic rules. It's still Mafia, but changes a couple of core mechanics. Since I've made a big point of disliking such surprises, players will be told up front (most) of how it works, but you'd have to be ready for some real twists. This game is actually lighter on flavor as the mechanics take center stage.
yogsloth: At this point, I'm probably more interested in modding than playing. Still trying to get un-burned from three consecutive games as Mafia that ended in utter disaster.

I might as well float this balloon now:

I have two games in my pocket, and I'd be interested to hear the players' opinions on which they'd like to play.
Funny, I was going to offer a similar choice - my game 1 being a bit similar to Wyrm's game in flavor (the nunnery game) but with an actual town and no scoreboard. My game 2 option wouldn't change any mechanics but has at least one bastard-mod element.

In your case, I'd be somewhat tempted to say game 2, since you'd be following Vitek (ordinariest) and JMich (ordinariester?).
Krypsyn: Groovy?
I don't think I even need to click that link to know what you're linking.

exactly

now if only JMich's game's flavor is undead themed.
yogsloth: Game 1 is a more "vanilla" kind of game, similar to the one just played... but of course with plenty of yogslothian silly flavor. This game's mechanics are finished; I just have to finish writing all the intro flavor and PMs. Which, as you know from my prior game, takes a whack ton of time.

Game 2 is a different animal. It's a game that plays a bit of havoc with the basic rules. It's still Mafia, but changes a couple of core mechanics. Since I've made a big point of disliking such surprises, players will be told up front (most) of how it works, but you'd have to be ready for some real twists. This game is actually lighter on flavor as the mechanics take center stage.
I vote for Game 1. I like silly yog flavour and I also liked playing a vanilla game - even if I utterly failed at it.