It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You gotta admit, I look sharp.
Lifthrasil: No. (S)he is finally showing his/her true face! :-)
Bookwyrm627: Actually, it is just a role claim. Guess you didn't get the Day 0 notice.
No, I didn't. Are you playing without me now? :-(
Bookwyrm627: Actually, it is just a role claim. Guess you didn't get the Day 0 notice.
Lifthrasil: No, I didn't. Are you playing without me now? :-(
Just the very start, it seems. Hey, at least you won't be the NK for having a town power role!
flubbucket: You'd also need lots of killing.

Lots and lots of killing.
And yet, you're still alive...

@yogsloth
I like the sound of both, I'd say go with the one that you will enjoy more hosting.
flubbucket: You'd also need lots of killing.

Lots and lots of killing.
HypersomniacLive: And yet, you're still alive...

@yogsloth
I like the sound of both, I'd say go with the one that you will enjoy more hosting.
Perhaps it will be one you'll participate in??

Now that would be exciting news!!!
I'll play if HSL plays.
bler144: Increasing a population beyond its normal range often requires lowering the bar for entry - but here you're talking about raising the bar for entry - "be prepared for a longer game, and only commit if committed." E.g. you may end with 14 signups [who met the standard] begging for 5 more - "anyone with a pulse!? No, ok, even a pulse is optional!"
Nah, this won't be an issue. Pulses are required and of course the main point of the game is to have a fun + good + (high) quality game and I won't do anything to compromise that. If only 14 people sign up, it will be run with 14. Begging people to play is not a way to get motivated people to play so it is not something I would do. I keep talking about the 19 as to prepare people, get some interest going for it, etc., in hopes that it will generate more people who are very interested or at least put the awareness out there about it.

I do appreciate the bringing up of concerns about the setup, however, and would like everyone to keep them coming if they have them so I can keep them in mind/address them to allay worries.

19 is just the number that allows all roles that I've written to be implemented and of course I think it'd be most awesome with all roles. I still think it will be very cool + good regardless of how many play.

additionally, I think it is important to note that "bob" could very well, when pressured by a possible lynch, simply claim "I'm town vanilla folks" and that is a legit claim, even though his PM said nothing about town or vanilla.
high rated
flubbucket: Perhaps it will be one you'll participate in??

Now that would be exciting news!!!
Perhaps?

bler144: I'll play if HSL plays.
Itching to kill me again, eh?
HypersomniacLive: Itching to kill me again, eh?
No, I'm finally going to be town vanilla. Fourth time's the charm.

drealmer7: additionally, I think it is important to note that "bob" could very well, when pressured by a possible lynch, simply claim "I'm town vanilla folks" and that is a legit claim, even though his PM said nothing about town or vanilla.
Consider that, in this crowd, that move would more likely than not speed their lynch. First they'd get hammered on the PM comparison, and if they backpedaled, they'd have a subset pushing them for LAL, on top of all the other reasons to let a lynch on a town vanilla proceed to conclusion.

Edit: But on the 19, if you're really sure your setup can flex (and is still balanced) 12-19, more power to you.
Post edited February 16, 2016 by bler144
bler144: Consider that, in this crowd, that move would more likely than not speed their lynch...
hopefully that last game will have players considering various possibilities with instance-specific considerations instead of making blanket judgements based on generalized ways of playing...

but maybe "bob" would just claim "I'm bob, I like to fish, sorry, can't claim more than that, I would assume that means I'm town vanilla buuuut, it doesn't say so in my PM, it just says I'm bob, and I like to fish *shrug"...up to "bob"

time will tell!

and yep, balanced all over the place for 14-21 players. It would work fine with 12 or 13 but that would waste tooooo much of the effort I've put into the setup that I'd probably just wait for more signups to happen. I think 14 is easy enough to get these days, and 16 seems even pretty easy to get, so by the time I'm up, hopefully 19 won't be an issue (:
Post edited February 16, 2016 by drealmer7
drealmer7: but maybe "bob" would just claim "I'm bob, I like to fish, sorry, can't claim more than that, I would assume that means I'm town vanilla buuuut, it doesn't say so in my PM, it just says I'm bob, and I like to fish *shrug"...up to "bob"
Town Bailiff.
Krypsyn: Town Bailiff.
I call Bull
Krypsyn: Town Bailiff.
trentonlf: I call Bull
yay! it's already generating healthy discussion!

or were you calling Bull, bob's brother, on the phone? there are no phones
Post edited February 16, 2016 by drealmer7
trentonlf: I call Bull
Totally.

(and this is why we don't allow edits)
Post edited February 16, 2016 by Krypsyn
drealmer7: yay! it's already generating healthy discussion!
Are you familiar with the TV show Night Court? If not check it out and you will understand the Bull reference ;)
Krypsyn: Vote: trentonlf

How did you know details from my PM! I never mentioned my name, and you just called it! Die slime-sucking scumdog, die!
I'm the seer baby!!
Post edited February 16, 2016 by trentonlf