It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Common sense can rule. I think it generally works now.

Having a generally ordered list of "least recent to most recent" as we have it now is a good place to start, and then at the end of each game, newer mods are free to volunteer if they are ready to go, and top of the list should let everyone know as well. Then everyone sorts it out like ladies and gentlemen.

I'm ready for whatever bler comes up with!
Clearly all the prospective mods should play a game of mafia and the winning side plays again, and so on till one player is left to mod the actual game of mafia.

Or something less complicated and ridiculous then that.
Vitek: I like GOGfather.
Meh... :P

I was thinking of a system where every other game (say, every even numbered game) is run by a new moderator (if available) or, failing that, the moderator on the list who hasn't hosted for the longest time. Odd numbered games would still be as it is now: first come, first serve.

However, it seems like most people would rather keep the system the same, and just let newer players host by tacit agreement. That way works for me as well.
adaliabooks: Or something less complicated and ridiculous then that.
Just have Vitek host every game. Simple!
Post edited October 22, 2015 by Krypsyn
high rated
flubbucket: Greatest

Response

Ever
Disagreed.

Vitek: I will just host every game myself.
This one was. :)
I've been writing a Werewolf version to host/moderate in a flesh-world get-together sometime in the future (I don't think I can organize it for halloween though, but that would be cool.) I'm wanting a few more forum games under my belt before I even attempt to moderate one here, I'm sure you're all glad to hear. :þ
Vitek: I will just host every game myself.
budejovice: This one was. :)
Do you realize Vitek and flubbucket are the same person??
high rated
budejovice: This one was. :)
flubbucket: Do you realize Vitek and flubbucket are the same person??
Umm. No? I thought it was yogs & trent that were the same person. :)
flubbucket: Do you realize Vitek and flubbucket are the same person??
budejovice: Umm. No? I thought it was yogs & trent that were the same person. :)
Wrong on so many levels. Its adaslowyrm.
drealmer7: I've been writing a Werewolf version to host/moderate in a flesh-world get-together sometime in the future (I don't think I can organize it for halloween though, but that would be cool.) I'm wanting a few more forum games under my belt before I even attempt to moderate one here, I'm sure you're all glad to hear. :þ
Yes, best to wait at least until the end of Day 2 to start writing your own game, I'd say. FWIW, I started writing my first after playing two full games (last person killed in both) and observing 1.

yogsloth: I'm ready for whatever bler comes up with!
Even if it's a "Grunge Rock" flavored game where you're assigned to be the Dave Grohl character?

Yogs does know that of the two setups that are closest to complete, one is set in a nunnery, and the other has a Ghostbusters theme. General balancing/characters are mostly complete, but still need a lot of work on writing out the flavor. Also have a bastard mod setup started, but definitely not running that one first or I'd never get asked back. ;)
bler144: Also have a bastard mod setup started
I have only one question about it. Did you kill Kenny?
high rated
bler144: Even if it's a "Grunge Rock" flavored game where you're assigned to be the Dave Grohl character?
Oh, yeah, the Foo Fighters incident! I briefly wanted to start a thread of my favorite things for yogs to review. Yogs - let me know when you're up for a listen to some indie garage pop rock! ;)
drealmer7: I've been writing a Werewolf version to host/moderate in a flesh-world get-together sometime in the future (I don't think I can organize it for halloween though, but that would be cool.) I'm wanting a few more forum games under my belt before I even attempt to moderate one here, I'm sure you're all glad to hear. :þ
I'd be the first to sign up. But I'd RP the entire thing. :)

bler144: Even if it's a "Grunge Rock" flavored game where you're assigned to be the Dave Grohl character?
Sure! "Town Corporate Sellout". I could play that angle.

budejovice: Oh, yeah, the Foo Fighters incident! I briefly wanted to start a thread of my favorite things for yogs to review. Yogs - let me know when you're up for a listen to some indie garage pop rock! ;)
Years ago, on another forum, I did something similar with a rap music fan. We traded CDs to listen to. (Actual CDs, it has been a while.) I tried to review his and he tried to review mine, with humorous results. I'm up for it.
budejovice: Umm. No? I thought it was yogs & trent that were the same person. :)
Bookwyrm627: Wrong on so many levels. Its adaslowyrm.
That just sounds beautiful.
bler144: Yes, best to wait at least until the end of Day 2 to start writing your own game, I'd say. FWIW, I started writing my first after playing two full games (last person killed in both) and observing 1.
Yeah, I'm mostly just writing flavor right now, and with the idea that I'm going to run it at least once in flesh-world before trying to bring it here, I hope.

I think I'll wait until I've played at least 3 forum games before even attempting to moderate one.

yogsloth: I'd be the first to sign up. But I'd RP the entire thing. :)
Excellent! I won't hold you to it, but I will look forward to it if you do! (:

I'm thinking HS girls trapped in a locker-room type setup...some of them are actually boys pretending to be girls, and the boys must all be killed...something like that...
Post edited October 22, 2015 by drealmer7
high rated
yogsloth: Years ago, on another forum, I did something similar with a rap music fan. We traded CDs to listen to. (Actual CDs, it has been a while.) I tried to review his and he tried to review mine, with humorous results. I'm up for it.
Not much I listen to ever approached the mainstream, but none of it is all that obscure so you're possibly already well aware and maybe even have some of it. But here's one of my favorite albums (their first, though a collection of earlier recordings exists) from one of my favorite bands of all time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcixFOYEcKc The critical acclaim is overwhelming, but I'm hoping it falls a bit outside of your preferred genres to rip it up a bit. ;)

EDIT: For laughs, if I were to have to choose 3 favorite bands of all time, I'd probably also pick GBV & B&S (way too twee for you I'd have to assume), so here's some albums from them as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxj78pITaYs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCthULiWlzY

Feel free, of course, to take your time following through or to not follow through at all!
Post edited October 22, 2015 by budejovice