It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TheGOGfather: .
Can we fix that OP?

I've lost my link to Game 30 and didn't realize it's not updated.
yogsloth: Can we fix that OP?

I've lost my link to Game 30 and didn't realize it's not updated.
In case you need it: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/forum_mafia_30_murder_they_wrote
It was already put in OP 10 hours ago. ;-)
Vitek: It was already put in OP 10 hours ago. ;-)
I didn't think to check the OP first. We know what a slacker TheGOGFather is. ;)
Vitek: It was already put in OP 10 hours ago. ;-)
Bookwyrm627: I didn't think to check the OP first. We know what a slacker TheGOGFather is. ;)
Who dat call my name??
I came across THIS today. Apparently it's also an extremely popular tv show in Russia.
I've been pondering the way the Hosting List is organized lately. Right now, it is essentially a "first come, first serve" queue, but there have been exceptions made by request in the past. Perhaps it should be changed to a system in which new hosts and/or hosts who haven't moderated in a while might get preference?

What do you guys think? Is it an idea that has merit, or is the idea of favoritism, for whatever reason, a bad idea? I can see both sides, honestly.

(And, no, this isn't me wanting to moderate and trying to get a change put through to make it faster. :P)
drealmer7: I came across THIS today. Apparently it's also an extremely popular tv show in Russia.
Neato!!

Regarding modding and list administration:

I like the idea of allowing new hosts to potentially get a bump to the front. I have been in mafia communities where it's done both ways, with the latter being most often a favoritism game. I also would be in favor of allowing long time players but first time host-ers (hosers, hoosiers) to get moved up if they're ready. I know Vitek has bumped himself from the list in order to accommodate other hosts.

I guess it wouldn't be fair to allow someone who hosted a year ago to bypass someone above them on the list who hosted six months ago. If you want to host again, then it should be listed as requested.

What does The GoGfather think??
flubbucket: .............

What does The GoGfather think??
The GoGfather thinks flubbucket is brilliant and Krypsyn is wanting to moderate and trying to get a change put through to make it faster and Vitek is so pretty.
I like GOGfather.

That mafia movie thing is hilariously awesome.
Post edited October 22, 2015 by Vitek
Krypsyn: I've been pondering the way the Hosting List is organized lately. Right now, it is essentially a "first come, first serve" queue, but there have been exceptions made by request in the past. Perhaps it should be changed to a system in which new hosts and/or hosts who haven't moderated in a while might get preference?

What do you guys think? Is it an idea that has merit, or is the idea of favoritism, for whatever reason, a bad idea? I can see both sides, honestly.

(And, no, this isn't me wanting to moderate and trying to get a change put through to make it faster. :P)
I propose a system like the Thunder Dome: all mods go in, one mod comes out.
The simplest solution is for that new mod to say right after a game is over that he has a setup ready and wants to host. 9 times out of 10, everyone else will bow out with their "not quite finished" setups...problem solved...
I am thinking along the lines of RWarehall. If 3 or 4 people have a setup ready to run then you can go off of the who has hosted recently scenario, and if new people are ready give them preference. But I would also say if it's been a year or longer since someone has hosted, and seeing how many hosts we have that is possible, they should have priority over someone new if their name has been on the signup list.
I will just host every game myself.
Lifthrasil: ...................
I propose a system like the Thunder Dome: all mods go in, one mod comes out.
Greatest

Response

Ever

Vitek: I like GOGfather.

That mafia movie thing is hilariously awesome.
Agreed.