It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good morning! Vault-Tec calling! You can't begin to know how happy I am to finally speak with you. I've been trying for days. It's a matter of utmost urgency, I assure you.

…Because Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition is now available on GOG with a -75% discount that lasts until August 31st, 2 PM UTC! That’s right, Bethesda Game Studios’ post-apocalyptic open-world RPG and another entry in their iconic franchise is ready to join your library!

We know you’ve waited and we couldn’t be happier that it is finally here. Moreover, if you want your locations enhanced and with ultra details, High Resolution Texture Pack is also available in our catalog, for free!

Make sure to also join our Twitch Stream on August 20th, 5 PM UTC and take our QUIZ to find out which main faction suits you best.

We believe that every Fallout game is a must-play title and Fallout 4 is no exception. With a unique blend of immersive storytelling, expansive exploration, and engaging gameplay mechanics, the game has captivated players' hearts and minds all over the world since its release.

At its core, Fallout 4 weaves a compelling narrative that captures the essence of survival in a world ravaged by nuclear devastation. You assume the role of the Sole Survivor, emerging from cryogenic stasis in the aftermath of the Great War, only to find yourself in a wasteland fraught with danger and mystery.

The Commonwealth, the wasteland's setting, is a sprawling expanse filled with unique locations, each with its own story to tell. From the decrepit remains of historic landmarks to the eerie beauty of irradiated forests, the world of Fallout 4 is a testament to the developers' attention to detail. Every nook and cranny holds surprises, and the exploration factor is enhanced by the inclusion of dynamic weather systems and a day-night cycle. The thrill of uncovering hidden treasures, unearthing lore, and encountering unexpected dangers is an adventure that never ceases.

Fallout 4 also introduced a revamped gameplay experience that seamlessly blends traditional RPG elements with modern mechanics. The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system, which governs character attributes, and the intricate crafting system provide a sense of progression and customization. You can modify weapons and armor, construct settlements, and even create intricate machines to aid in your survival. The introduction of the Power Armor as a formidable tool adds an element of power and excitement to battles against mutated creatures and hostile factions.

And of course, one of Fallout 4's strongest assets is its replayability. The choices you make during the game significantly impact the outcome of the story, encouraging multiple playthroughs to explore various story arcs and character interactions. The diverse range of playstyles, whether focusing on combat, diplomacy, or stealth, ensures that every experience is distinct. The Commonwealth is a canvas for limitless creativity.

We could go on and on about why we love Fallout 4 but the most important thing is that you can now enjoy it DRM-free on GOG. So enough talking. Grab your copy, make full use of the discount and embrace the Wasteland – Fallout 4 guarantees an unforgettable journey. Have a great one!
1150 hours on steam. Heres my 10 USD.....
Everyone is playing a game differently because a different perception. BPM: BULLETS PER MINUTE for example, although high rated, is definitely NOT my game. In general rogue-like is rarely my friend, and this genre is not even new... Castlevania for example got such elements and it has been around for countless years. Additionally, dependable on the title, it can even be "badass" as it may have the well known "From Software" or simply "Soulslike"-Difficulty.

People playing Fallout surely are not into "this sort of extreme difficulty and level-locked-gameplays in term of failure". They simply enjoy a huge world with lot of custom and a rather relaxed gameplay. The typical open world with a lot of exploration, simply a totally different approach. Those genres should not be compared, it is simply different in what you enjoy in your gameplay... overcoming challenges or simply enjoy exploration.

What i enjoy are tactical-RPG elements, who i am able to use a different setup and tune it the way i enjoy. Because, i already told... everyone is playing different, so a different approach or setup can be beneficial dependable on the player. For this reason i do enjoy open world games such as Everspace 2 and Fallout 4 or Skyrim is kinda the same direction with to some extend comparable possiblities (although i know very few of Fallout 4 yet... just got it yesterday).

Still, i may enjoy a raw sophisticated Shooter comparable to Trepang 2 which is wholely focussing on the "shooter aspect" in a pretty direct manner. Fallout 4 is not such a game... it is a open world with lot of custom and RPG elements, but insead of slaying you are usually shooting. Both games are good, but on its own way... i would not make a comparison.
Just bought it.
Thanks Bethesda and GOG.
MysterD: Will this be an Upgrade/Update?
Or will it be a NEW ENTRY separately on Steam, GOG, etc. for digital stores?
It would make the most sense for it to be an upgrade, much like how Skyrim SE to AE works, maybe they'll announce that closer to release. I'm going to wait and see since I just finished a run recently, should be ready to play again when the update comes out and happy to get it DRM-free immediately.
MysterD: Will this be an Upgrade/Update?
Or will it be a NEW ENTRY separately on Steam, GOG, etc. for digital stores?
MikeMaximus: It would make the most sense for it to be an upgrade, much like how Skyrim SE to AE works, maybe they'll announce that closer to release. I'm going to wait and see since I just finished a run recently, should be ready to play again when the update comes out and happy to get it DRM-free immediately.
Hmmm.
Might be worth backing-up old-versions of Fallout 4 GOTY before the Next-Gen Upgrade happens, in case the Upgrade breaks mods and/or runs like junk on some (or all) PC's.
Post edited August 20, 2023 by MysterD
Pretty nice news.
MAYBE I would get it someday here...

HOWEVER, for any game, especially game THIS LARGE it is of utmost importance for the version-to-version patches to be available.
This BETTER NOT become another case of "we only provide the very LATEST version of the game to download"!
FULL download and FULL reinstall should NEVER be necessary for mere update!
People have TIME to waste, network bandwith, even SSD endurance. Like, GOG, get a grip already! ( and yes, this ultimately falls on GOG, they ALLOW publishers to get away with things, while they could just say "no" anytime but aren't doing it )

If you ask me GOG should provide ( for ANY game on GOG in general ) all these AT THE SAME TIME:
1. Latest version
2. RTM / first version
3. ALL ver-to-ver patches

This unfortunately isn't the case for many games here.
So much for "customer friendly DRM-free platform" :/
any hope to get rockstar games like:
Grand theft auto & Red dead redemption.
Bowi_: Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games should take notes...
any hope to get gta v and rdr2?
Post edited August 20, 2023 by mohamad4321
Seems like a million years ago now that I've tried Fallout 3. Never played the 4th or later entries, but maybe with this huge discount, I'll add it to my ever increasing backlog. I think I might actually already have a copy of the whole series on Steam and at least some of them here as well.

How does it compare to the console versions? Given the choice, I tend to go for consoles, but that usually comes with sacrificing a ton of quality. Then again, this is a Bathesda game and on a PC, so there might still be quite a bit of game breaking bugs around.
Devyatovskiy: Seems like a million years ago now that I've tried Fallout 3. Never played the 4th or later entries, but maybe with this huge discount, I'll add it to my ever increasing backlog. I think I might actually already have a copy of the whole series on Steam and at least some of them here as well.

How does it compare to the console versions? Given the choice, I tend to go for consoles, but that usually comes with sacrificing a ton of quality. Then again, this is a Bathesda game and on a PC, so there might still be quite a bit of game breaking bugs around.
There are loading issues when in city areas on the PC.
mohamad4321: any hope to get rockstar games like:
Grand theft auto & Red dead redemption.
Bowi_: Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games should take notes...
mohamad4321: any hope to get gta v and rdr2?
As much as I'd love to see Rockstar stuff come here - eh, I doubt it.

They've always love multiple DRM's and client-app's - especially on newer games like GTA4 and newer. Heck, they've even added Rockstar Launcher junk on their older titles, for DRM-purposes and to destroy modding.

And they often seem like these days, they really want to sell stuff on their launcher first...and then way later bring stuff to Steam, Epic, and elsewhere.
Mafwek: Yeah, who could forget all time classic Enchanting and Alchemy balance of vanilla Skyrim. Elden Ring never managed to achieve that level of balance and interesting gameplay!
J Lo: I haven't encountered anything game breaking with enchanting and alchemy. Spamming any skills, including those two, will level up the PC - and most of the enemies in the game will be upscaled accordingly. There's still a general sense equilibrium. Many Creation Club items and third party mods were not designed with the game's ecosystem in mind. The only item I use that wasn't part of the original game is the backpack. I don't use the crusader items, but keep it on display for nostalgia's sake.

Never played Elden Ring and have zero interest in the game ATM. The comparison to that title is moot.
Then you are living under the rock, proverbially speaking. Most powerful builds in vanilla Skyrim involve looping Alchemy and Enchantment until you get high enough numbers to achieve what you want, and those numbers can get insanely high. Heck, you only need those two skills and Flame Cloak spell near Dawnstar to kill 90% of the game just by entering cell. Furthermore, game almost entirely relies on stats and not player skills, which opposite of FromSoft, and IMHO good game design.
Glad to see this come here way quicker than Skyrim.

Great game. Not as good as New Vegas but better than 3 in my opinion.
StingingVelvet: Glad to see this come here way quicker than Skyrim.

Great game. Not as good as New Vegas but better than 3 in my opinion.
Hard to top NV Ultimate. For me, that's like the pinnacle of Modern Fallouts.

Also, F1 and F2 are great - but those are different old-school turn-based style strategic-CRPG's.

F76 is "meh". Though, I'd love to see it reworked and come to GOG with offline mode and/or some LAN/TCP-IP support...but I'm dreaming here.
MysterD: Hard to top NV Ultimate. For me, that's like the pinnacle of Modern Fallouts.
New Vegas is probably my favorite RPG/FPS hybrid type thing. Morrowind and Deus Ex 1 and 3 are right up there, but I think New Vegas might take it.
MysterD: Hard to top NV Ultimate. For me, that's like the pinnacle of Modern Fallouts.
StingingVelvet: New Vegas is probably my favorite RPG/FPS hybrid type thing. Morrowind and Deus Ex 1 and 3 are right up there, but I think New Vegas might take it.
Deus Ex 1 and HR DC are fantastic.
Deus Ex 1 to me is the best game ever made.

NV is also great.

Also loved Vampire: Bloodlines, while I'm at it; my favorite game of all time.