It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Three pillars of Electronic Arts now DRM-free

No matter your personal take on the gaming giant – the many people, teams, and studios behind Electronic Arts brought us some of the most unforgettable experiences, marvelous worlds, and exceptional titles in gaming.
Each of today's three classic releases from Electronic Arts represents a pillar of game design: exceptional world building, mastery in storytelling, an admirable understanding of the balance between scope and focus. Straight from the EA Games vault, making their DRM-free debut on GOG.com, are:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition — the birth of a universe. A complex, extensive universe of raw fantasy and imperfection which spawned countless works reaching far beyond gaming - from graphic novels and novelizations through tabletop games and more. The Dragon Age universe is among the most ambitious fantasy settings ever created, and if you'd like to get more acquainted with the universe, turn up the fantastic soundtrack and take a look at the comprehensive guide to Dragon Age by Kotaku.

Dead Space is a glance at a gritty, hard sci-fi world in a state of irreversible disrepair. This is a game where the horrors lurking around the corner are just as disturbing as ghosts of the past. The glimpses are few, but they meticulously paint a vivid world of dark, scientific wonders and despair – a world you barely know, but a world nonetheless worth saving. A world you will remember. Check out the animated comic prologue available here, as well as the OST on Spotify.

SimCity 3000™ Unlimited is more than the sum of its parts. It's neither the biggest nor the most elaborate in the series, but it's success lies in balancing complexity and accessibility to deliver truly exceptional and welcoming gameplay. It doesn't hurt that you'll spend countless hours listening to a wonderfully jazzy soundtrack (also on Spotify!). Whether you succeed or stumble, one thing is certain: your stay in SimCity 3000 will be… nice.

Experience three pillars of game design by Electronic Arts – the marvelous worlds, unforgettable storytelling, exceptional gameplay – <span class="bold">Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition</span>, <span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, and <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
mecharma: Praise the Sun!

...wait, what?
Bigs: DARK SOULS CONFIRMED!!!!1

:P
I would pass out from the excitement if that ended up being real.
Re Mass Effect 2/3

It *COULD* happen - EA ditched the Bioware points - all DLC for 2/3 can be purchased directly through Origin
Bethezer: Sure. The thing is the Origin scans for instaled EA/Origin games. So if you instal Dragon Age from a Disc, outside of Origin defaul folder, and run Origin, it detects DA, IIRC relocates it to Origin folder, which takes time. And from that point, IIRC, the game needs Origin to play. This happend to me, and I doubt EA fixed this. If someone has Origin instaled and is using it, then it could be a bit annoying if this happens to your version as well.
I can only speculate, but I think that since every GOG game uses a different exe, it shouldn't be recognized by origin.

...wait, what?
Bigs: DARK SOULS CONFIRMED!!!!1

:P
That would be so good I'd die from excitement :P
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Gurlok
Need The Sims 1 Complete pack on here!!!!!
high rated
Bethezer: [...]
philarmitage: Obviously you should wait for official confirmation from GOG but it all seems fine on my system.
Unfortunately, for Dragon Age it looks like the Config Ultility recreates registry keys used by Origin with each application launch :|
I'll start working on some hotfix ASAP

Thanks for bringing this to attention.
On a side note. It's probably an admission by EA that GOG is reaching a sufficient size so they started paying attention.
Curious and unexpected to see more games appear, and yet it feels like they are more thrown peanuts from EA.
philarmitage: Obviously you should wait for official confirmation from GOG but it all seems fine on my system.
Thiev: Unfortunately, for Dragon Age it looks like the Config Ultility recreates registry keys used by Origin with each application launch :|

Ah, OK, I only tried Dead Space as DA:O is still downloading.
Bethezer: Sure. The thing is the Origin scans for instaled EA/Origin games. So if you instal Dragon Age from a Disc, outside of Origin defaul folder, and run Origin, it detects DA, IIRC relocates it to Origin folder, which takes time. And from that point, IIRC, the game needs Origin to play. This happend to me, and I doubt EA fixed this. If someone has Origin instaled and is using it, then it could be a bit annoying if this happens to your version as well.
Cusith: That is real nasty do you know how it finds it? registry check, I wonder if the game itself needs the registry entry maybe changing that will be enough to prevent the hijacking.
Sadly, but I don't know... but probably? It was instantenious, right after launching Origin.

Thiev:
Sorry for more work. :) Still - do you own it on Origin? Can you test both on account with and without it? I don't remember now, but I could have DA already on my account and maybe that was the reason for it? Maybe, otherwise, it wouldn't touch it...

philarmitage:
Dead Space? Well, this only happend to be with Dragon Age. Still - good to know it didn't happend. Do you have them on one driver?

EDIT:
Thiev:
Damn it... so it does... Well, I hope you can find a solution to prevent it. Good luck. ;)
For now it would be probably good to inform people about it, just in case. But damn, I still want DA - Ultimae Edition bad... Shopping sprees never ends, do they?
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Bethezer
Thiev: Unfortunately, for Dragon Age it looks like the Config Ultility recreates registry keys used by Origin with each application launch :|

Please let it be a patch, I just got done downloading Dragon Age and really don't want to redownload the whole thing.

...wait, what?
Don't do that GoG, my wallet would get whiplash from the release of some of the souls games on here.
Whoa.

*Buys all three of them*
haydenaurion: Please let it be a patch, I just got done downloading Dragon Age and really don't want to redownload the whole thing.
That goes without saying, although main build will be replaced at the same time.
haydenaurion: Please let it be a patch, I just got done downloading Dragon Age and really don't want to redownload the whole thing.
Thiev: That goes without saying, although main build will be replaced at the same time.
Which will drive my OCD of backups wild. I knew I should have waited, thanks EA. -_-

Sorry that you guys have to clean up EA's leftover Origin mess. :P
Hoping for The Sims 1 (Complete) and Sims 2 Double Deluxe.