It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
MaxFulvus: Shitty decision ! I want to play the classic versions. I don't care about the EE or the expansion, except if they convert it to be compatible with the originals. They is even no sale on the classic versions, such a shame.
I smell a marketing trap to sell more units of a buggy, disappointed expansion...

At least, I own the original Icewind Dale on GOG and Icewind Dale II on disc. For the classic Baldur's Gate, maybe in an other life...
Do you think the originals are not worth the price asked? I mean, I do admit I am rather weird, but I would happily pay at least four times the price GOG asks for the originals and can't really understand why people wait for sales when the price is already so low. I would suggest you go get them while they're available.
styggron: Ok well, instabuy from me. These enhanced Editions have been on my wishlist I think for 2 years and I have never seen it on special and GoG is my home page so I see it everyday :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: All three have been 75% off just last week in the Insomnia Sale.
Yeah, but those are just barely worth the drive space they're taking up. Unlike the originals which are worth much more than GOG asks for them.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by Maighstir
styggron: Ok well, instabuy from me. These enhanced Editions have been on my wishlist I think for 2 years and I have never seen it on special and GoG is my home page so I see it everyday :)
Geralt_of_Rivia: All three have been 75% off just last week in the Insomnia Sale.
Too bad I grabbed them at Insomnia Sale and didn;t wait for this promo :(
Licurg: What happens if I buy a giftable code for one of the original games ? Can I still gift it as such after the day they're bundled together with the "enhanced" versions ?
dr.schliemann: Good question: it would mean that you will be able to gift two games (Enhanced + Classic) instead of one.
Anyway, as Grangar said, the answer to your question is likely yes, as the classic games will be included in the enhanced editions as free addons.
When you buy a gift code for one of the original games I would expect it to stay a gift code for the original game even after they have been removed from sale. GOG has stated that the original games will stay as the original games in the accounts of the people which already have bought them:

"If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected."

So I assume you also will be able to redeem gift codes for the games after that point. The question is if it's worth to buy a gift code for an original game at full price now when you can buy a gift code for the enhanced version at a lower price, which will also contain the original game version soon.

But to be sure better contact GOGs support or wait for a Blue to answer here.
Maighstir: Yeah, but those are just barely worth the drive space they're taking up. Unlike the originals which are worth much more than GOG asks for them.
As someone who has yet to make the step into this universe I have to ask:
Do you mean to say, that the old versions (with HD patch applied) are superior to the new ones for you?
If yes: Why?
Post edited April 02, 2016 by Klumpen0815
viperfdl: Good that I already have the originals. I'm not interested in that fancy new stuff and I will not support such foolish trickery to sell more of it. Now get off my lawn!
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/715111/#Comment_715111
Amber_Scott said:

The pragmatic answer is that the contract we negotiated with WotC for SoD was for an expansion.

This is basically it. We had initially pushed for a stand-alone release but it didn't work out.
eiii: So I assume you also will be able to redeem gift codes for the games after that point.
You are right: they will most likely merge Original games into Enhanced Editions and not the contrary: as I said, in that case you would buy two gifts at the price of one (even though the price is currently higher).
Maighstir: Yeah, but those are just barely worth the drive space they're taking up. Unlike the originals which are worth much more than GOG asks for them.
Klumpen0815: As someone who has yet to make the step into this universe I have to ask:
Do you mean to say, that the old versions (with HD patch applied) are superior to the new ones for you?
Because those games are holy ground to me, and god forbid anyone make a change to them.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by Maighstir
Klumpen0815: As someone who has yet to make the step into this universe I have to ask:
Maighstir: Because those games are holy ground to me, and god forbid anyone make a change to them.
But.... native Linux ports!
I aggree when it comes to changes in the actual content, this shouldn't happen.
Bugfixes, widescreen and ports are ok.

Is there a patch that removes the content changes/additions?
Maighstir: Because those games are holy ground to me, and god forbid anyone make a change to them.
Klumpen0815: But.... native Linux ports!
GemRB.
Reading this:

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately.

Can I safely assume that if I already own a EE version, but not the original one, after April 29 I will the original one available as well?

P.S. Sorry if this has already been asked.
There's something I don't understand. In the OP it's stated that the bundle can be bought 85% off, until April 29. That's until a month from now, but on the bundle page it says that it ends in 3 days.

If the 3 days period is correct, I'll have to make a choice between this bundle and the games I wanted from the weekend promo. Say it isn't so GOG! :)

Once again I feel validated for patiently waiting, and not jumping on the weekend promo when it launched.
MadalinStroe: There's something I don't understand. In the OP it's stated that the bundle can be bought 85% off, until April 29. That's until a month from now, but on the bundle page it says that it ends in 3 days.

If the 3 days period is correct, I'll have to make a choice between this bundle and the games I wanted from the weekend promo. Say it isn't so GOG! :)

Once again I feel validated for patiently waiting, and not jumping on the weekend promo when it launched.
It's until April 29th for CURRENT OWNERS of the ORIGINAL games.
Klumpen0815: But.... native Linux ports!
Maighstir: GemRB.
Tried it some years ago and it was quite buggy.
Has it improved? I see that it still hasn't reached v1.0 and it doesn't seem as though people are still working on it (probably due to the new official ports).
MadalinStroe: There's something I don't understand. In the OP it's stated that the bundle can be bought 85% off, until April 29. That's until a month from now, but on the bundle page it says that it ends in 3 days.

Apparently, the 85% discount is indeed in effect until April 29, but only for people who own the classic versions of those games already. The 60%/75% discount for only the enhanced versions seems to be separate from that and ends in three days.
eiii: In other words: The original versions still sell good and the enhanced editions sell too badly so they have to remove the original versions from the market?

At least they do not make the original versions completely unavailable as other publishers do it.
Yeah, this seems kind of a shady move to me. Not cool at all. Though they might not have had this problem if they'd bugfixed the EE sooner. Plus BG1 EE and IWD EE have been changed to have the BG2 mechanics and I wonder if those were rebalanced to take those changes into account.