It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Heads up! There are 24h left, so now is the time to take advantage of the amazing deals and upgrade your collections. Eyes on the price, Boo, eyes on the price!

Years ago, the Baldur's Gate series changed the way we look at gaming and the scope of what was considered possible. Even now, the legacy continues through the Enhanced Editions – thanks to the hard work and years of updates to keep the inimitable Infinity Engine living on.

It's the work on the Enhanced Editions that made <span class="bold">Siege of Dragonspear</span> possible – the just-released, massive expansion to the timeless classic, available only for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

In the near future, we're also looking forward to full GOG Galaxy support for achievements in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – as well as in the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be 75% off until April 4 11:59 PM PDT / April 5 2:59 AM EDT/ 7:59 BST and 60% off until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 60% discount for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST. The 85% discount for owners of the original saga will last until April 29 10:59 AM PDT / 1:59 PM EDT / 18:59 BST.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by maladr0Id
eiii: I'm confused now. So is what you can download from GOG at the moment still the old, achievement free version or not?
Maxvorstadt: It`s the new, updated, installer, version 2.0.6.2
It's the new installer NOT the new version of the game.
sunshinecorp: It's the new installer NOT the new version of the game.
It is, just look into the patchnotes! :-)
sunshinecorp: It's the new installer NOT the new version of the game.
Maxvorstadt: It is, just look into the patchnotes! :-)
I did. Want a screenshot of that as well?
Maxvorstadt: It is, just look into the patchnotes! :-)
sunshinecorp: I did. Want a screenshot of that as well?
Here are the patchnotes from my GoG library:

Patch 2.0.62.2 (1 March 2016)

The full, official release notes for the v2.0 update are attached at the bottom of this post. It details all of the changes to BG:EE, BGII:EE, and the Infinity Engine as a whole. It also includes a section that's just for modders talking about some of the new opcodes, triggers, and actions that the update adds, as well as a collection of guides to help UI enthusiasts get their feet wet tinkering with the new UI system. The document clocks in at just over 30 pages; you won't want to miss it.

Compatibility with Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear expansion added.
New Class: The Shaman
New Cleric Kit: The Priest of Tyr
Class Ability Tweak: Poison Weapon now scales with levels
Item Tweak: Stupefier +1 has been adjusted to be more in line with the game's other equipment
Spell Tweak: Enchanted Weapon now modifies the target's existing weapons
Items can now be placed in the Off-Hand slot while ranged and two-handed weapons are equipped
The User Interface has been overhauled with a new system
Dozens of modder-friendly enhancements
Hundreds of bug fixes

This is our biggest update ever, and it applies to both Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. We have a lot of improvements planned in the coming weeks and months as well; stay tuned for more information!

Detailed patch notes are available here: http://items.gog.com/releasenotes_2_0.pdf

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Patch 2.0 will be available on GOG soon.
sunshinecorp: I did. Want a screenshot of that as well?
Maxvorstadt: Here are the patchnotes from my GoG library:

The full, official release notes for the v2.0 update are attached at the bottom of this post. It details all of the changes to BG:EE, BGII:EE, and the Infinity Engine as a whole. It also includes a section that's just for modders talking about some of the new opcodes, triggers, and actions that the update adds, as well as a collection of guides to help UI enthusiasts get their feet wet tinkering with the new UI system. The document clocks in at just over 30 pages; you won't want to miss it.

Item Tweak: Stupefier +1 has been adjusted to be more in line with the game's other equipment
Items can now be placed in the Off-Hand slot while ranged and two-handed weapons are equipped
Hundreds of bug fixes

This is our biggest update ever, and it applies to both Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. We have a lot of improvements planned in the coming weeks and months as well; stay tuned for more information!

Detailed patch notes are available here: http://items.gog.com/releasenotes_2_0.pdf

That's about BG I.
We're talking about BG II.
Still, sucks that they managed to update BG I before I got to back it up... seems it has the same changes in interface?
Post edited April 02, 2016 by sunshinecorp
Nvm.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by Grargar
So how much better are the enhanced editions? I haven't actually got around to any of these yet... though I had no problems with the old Planescape: Torment.
Oh, and here are the full release notes of the patch:

http://items.gog.com/releasenotes_2_0.pdf
Maxvorstadt: Here are the patchnotes from my GoG library:

Hundreds of bug fixes

sunshinecorp: That's about BG I.
We're talking about BG II.
Oops! My fault! :D
The Patch should come soon.

I wonder if there will be an update for Icewind Dale EE too?
Post edited April 02, 2016 by Maxvorstadt
BTW, does anyone know if Icewind Dale II or any other of the D&D games will also be remastered?
Tempted like most of us, but GOG has been a bad boy towards my friend trentonlf and the other users who bought them during the Insomnia Sale, so I will probably pass.

For the other hesitant people: don't waste your time reading the game's reviews, they can't help you in this quandary. You can only listen to this song until you can't think anymore, and then come to a decision: The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by dr.schliemann
eiii: I'm confused now. So is what you can download from GOG at the moment still the old, achievement free version or not?
This makes me dizzy. I do not see a 2.0.6.2 installer in my account.

Do you mean BG1 EE and the setup_baldurs_gate_enhanced_edition_2.1.0.3.exe installer which is listed as 2.0.62.2 in the download menu to confuse us even more?

Does that mean that BG1 EE is already updated to the newer version and I only have the chance for BG2 EE to get the old version?

Edit: Ok, reading your and sunshinecorps other posts it seems to be that, too late for BG1 EE ... bummer!

Is there any way to still get the older version of BG1 EE? If I remember correctly GOG already had done that for another game.
Post edited April 02, 2016 by eiii
Licurg: What happens if I buy a giftable code for one of the original games ? Can I still gift it as such after the day they're bundled together with the "enhanced" versions ?
Good question: it would mean that you will be able to gift two games (Enhanced + Classic) instead of one.
Anyway, as Grangar said, the answer to your question is likely yes, as the classic games will be included in the enhanced editions as free addons.
high rated
Shitty decision ! I want to play the classic versions. I don't care about the EE or the expansion, except if they convert it to be compatible with the originals. They is even no sale on the classic versions, such a shame.
I smell a marketing trap to sell more units of a buggy, disappointed expansion...

At least, I own the original Icewind Dale on GOG and Icewind Dale II on disc. For the classic Baldur's Gate, maybe in an other life...
styggron: Ok well, instabuy from me. These enhanced Editions have been on my wishlist I think for 2 years and I have never seen it on special and GoG is my home page so I see it everyday :)
All three have been 75% off just last week in the Insomnia Sale.
Licurg: What happens if I buy a giftable code for one of the original games ? Can I still gift it as such after the day they're bundled together with the "enhanced" versions ?
dr.schliemann: Good question: it would mean that you will be able to gift two games (Enhanced + Classic) instead of one.
Anyway, as Grangar said, the answer to your question is likely yes, as the classic games will be included in the enhanced editions as free addons.
I figured it's probably that, I just wanted to make sure .