It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

u right man!
undeadcow: Bummer that Devastated Dreams did not make funding; it seem(ed/s) promising... the developer appears to be taking it hard but hopefully can regroup and proceed somehow.
Indeed. It seems like the game will at least be on the back burner for a little while as his first child will be born any week now. Still, I hope he doesn't abandon his goals because of this failed campaign. As he's talking now, it does sound pretty bleak. It's a shame.
Tekkaman-James: So, there is an interesting new player in the crowdfunding arena.

Modern video game legends Tim Schafer, Brian Fargo and Feargus Urquhart have allied together to create Fig, a crowdfunding website exclusively for video games. In addition to the standard processes we are familiar with on Kickstarter or Indiegogo, Fig also allows for actual investment options where backers of a certain amount or higher can actually own a piece of the game's future profits.

It will be up to the individual developers whether to offer that, but it is certainly an interesting addition that is sure to attract a new breed of backer. Additionally, game projects will be curated by the trio and their team to hopefully reduce the likelihood of shady projects. This means they will also be supporting the projects that raise money there with advice, marketing and other resources.

There is a very interesting piece on that describes the new venture in further detail and also allows you to learn about the service straight from the mouths of these accomplished developers. Will this change the face of video game crowdfunding? There's no way to tell just yet, but the potential is certainly there. Check out their first project, <span class="bold">Outer Wilds</span>, by visiting their [url=https://www.fig.co/]website.
Thanks for the links. Interesting reads.

Oh, and because I haven't got time to check back through the pages - people do know that Divinity: OS II will be launching on KS on 26 August?
Post edited August 19, 2015 by Getcomposted
Getcomposted: Oh, and because I haven't got time to check back through the pages - people do know that Divinity: OS II will be launching on KS on 26 August?
Yep. In fact, there's a thread about it Here.
Received a reply on Rogue Invader:

Thank you for your support! We will be distributing on Steam and Humble Bundle. We are still discussing the logistics of DRM free versions, based mainly on achievements working with and without steam. We want to support as many gamers' requests as we can.

I've decided to go ahead and gamble on this one, with the hope they'll make the DRM-free target in the end.
Getcomposted: Thanks for the links. Interesting reads.
My pleasure! Thank you for replying. I was starting to think no one read my post. I signed up for a Fig account, but I honestly don't like the look of the game they have up right now. The overall concept sounds somewhat interesting, but the gameplay footage they've shown off so far looks very boring. I would love to say, "I backed the very first Fig game!", but I think I'm going to pass.
Looks interesting, thanks for the heads up.

Ambiguity about DRM-free and Linux versions is a concern though. Without clear promises I won't back it, but I'll keep an eye on the project.

Will there be a DRM-Free version of the game?

Our goal is to make Aquanox available to as many people as possible and we aim to deliver a version that doesn't rely on platform services – so a DRM free version. However we can't promise that for sure at this stage; but if you look at the Nordic Games project history with GOG you'll see they are big supporters of DRM free versions!

Will the game support Linux?

We are fully focusing on PC Windows (Win7, 8, Win 10) - other OSes like OSX and Linux are high on our list but we cant fully confirm these platforms right now especially not for the initial launch. However we know that a lot of core gamers are on Linux and we love Linux and SteamOS as a platform for games as well. We have already done several other games on Linux therefore a Linux version is very likely.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by shmerl
This is what the devs of Outer Wilds had to say, when asked about the possibility of the game being DRM-Free and sold on GOG:

We've had some initial conversations, but nothing is set in stone. We'd like to get the game into as many hands as possible within our budget and will do everything possible to make that happen.
Digitial Arrow replied to me about Aquanox Deep Descent Linux and DRM-free release:
As we are in early stages with the project and our evaluation of UE4 we will not be able to confirm Linux 100% for sure within the campaign. It's very very likely from what we've seen so far (and given that our lead designer is a big Linux fan), but we don't want to promise something before we can be 100 % sure. As for DRM-free we would very much like to, but will have to see how we can handle the multiplayer and co-op without Steam. That's why we cannot confirm that at this point either, again so that we don't promise something we in the end cannot deliver.
deleted
Fairfox: I discovered Dropsy too late.

...That's not something I thought I'd ever write.
Seems like it might be for the best, really. This game has struggled to get on its feet for over four years. The first campaign was very bare-bones. Were a campaign like that active today, I would never back it for fear of it being a scam. At that time, it was pegged with a November 2013 release. The second campaign, while looking much more solid, failed to raise the necessary funds. The release was pushed back to April 2014 during that attempt. The last campaign was the most successful and the one that finally solidified the game's chances at becoming a reality. However, even saying that, the release date was listed as October of 2014.

The game is finally going to see a release on September 10th, 2015. Knowing how rocky its start was and how many times it was delayed, I consider myself fortunate to have only learned of its existence recently. Being a backer of either of its two funded campaigns would have proved very stressful for me. Sure, the first responders are getting the game for $5 and the last round of backers are getting it for $10, but I would rather pay whatever its retail price will be and get it immediately than have had to suffer for up to four years of its development woes. My expectations for the game, by this point, would probably be colossal.

Dang...didn't realize I had so much to say on that topic. My apologies.

P.S. - So, it's Fairfox now, is it? Will this be your last "identity crisis"? :P
deleted
The 13th Doll

Fan made successor to The 7th Guest, that has Trilobyte's blessing and are getting the original actor to play Stauf again.

Win/Mac/Linux DRM Free and they are talking about getting it on gog. Wishlist item is here.

Only ~40 hours left. Game is funded but stretch goals are always nice.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by samlii
Drikzin: The Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter is up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806010995/aquanox-deep-descent?ref=discovery
Oh yeah! I want to blow up bionts while listening that german-style dark techno again!
The campaign is live!

<span class="bold">Divinity: Original Sin 2</span>

Obviously, this one is going to be coming to GOG. :P