It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wow any updates with new Kickstarters?
Niggles: Wow any updates with new Kickstarters?
Here's one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/derekhenkels/this-game-isnt-fun?ref=card
<span class="bold">Root Double- Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition</span>

In collaboration with Regista, Yeti, and Lemnisca, we would like to bring Takumi Nakazawa's visual novel masterpiece to the world!
<span class="bold">Kim</span>

Discover Kipling’s India as the ragamuffin spy Kim in this procedural open-world RPG.
triock: <span class="bold">Kim</span>

Discover Kipling’s India as the ragamuffin spy Kim in this procedural open-world RPG.
I'm not saying this project is not worth taking note of (it is), but as far as I can tell this game will only be distributed through Steam, won't it?
muntdefems: I'm not saying this project is not worth taking note of (it is), but as far as I can tell this game will only be distributed through Steam, won't it?
Yeah, but it might change in the future. ;)
<span class="bold">Project Resurgence</span>

An episodic single-player computer RPG inspired by the classics of the late 90s, set in a world fusing dark fantasy and dieselpunk.
Ira: Act 1 Pilgrimage

Point and click in a sci fi dead planet type setting.

DRM-free and linux builds. DRM-free they say through their website and a steam key. Hopefully we can convince them / gog to distribute through gog.

This is a second campaign for them, so they are trying to get support just for the first episode for now, more episodes will be included if they reach stretch goals.
Post edited January 09, 2016 by samlii
samlii: Ira: Act 1 Pilgrimage

The project makes no mention of DRM status, so I have asked them about it. They have a demo for linux so I assume they will compile the complete game for linux, but once again no specific mention.

This is a second shot campaign and the original said it was going to be DRM-free, so I assume the same for this one but I just wanted to make sure. Same thing with the linux build they said yes on first campaign but I don't see anything explicit on this one.
They say it will be drm-free in the pledge. (drm-free from their website / steam).
rgnrk: They say it will be drm-free in the pledge. (drm-free from their website / steam).
Apparently I completely missed that. Thanks. And yes DRM-free and linux build as expected.

Edited my original message.
Post edited January 09, 2016 by samlii
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower

The sequel to Consortium made in the Unreal engine this time.
triock: <span class="bold">Project Resurgence</span>

An episodic single-player computer RPG inspired by the classics of the late 90s, set in a world fusing dark fantasy and dieselpunk.
Looks quite good, but the episodic release idea sounds a bit weird for an RPG like that. I guess it's the way they want to manage expenses.
Post edited January 18, 2016 by shmerl
samlii: Ira: Act 1 Pilgrimage

Point and click in a sci fi dead planet type setting.

DRM-free and linux builds. DRM-free they say through their website and a steam key. Hopefully we can convince them / gog to distribute through gog.

This is a second campaign for them, so they are trying to get support just for the first episode for now, more episodes will be included if they reach stretch goals.
Funding is for Act 1 only it seems, irrespective what the backers receive (1 to 3)....but whats the point if the goals for Act 2 and 3 are not met?. We get 1/3 of the story?
Niggles: Funding is for Act 1 only it seems, irrespective what the backers receive (1 to 3)....but whats the point if the goals for Act 2 and 3 are not met?. We get 1/3 of the story?
In that case I guess they'll probably run a new Kickstarter for acts 2&3 and you'll get these new episodes if you paid for them during this first campaign. I'm pretty sure others have done it like this before.
muntdefems: In that case I guess they'll probably run a new Kickstarter for acts 2&3 and you'll get these new episodes if you paid for them during this first campaign. I'm pretty sure others have done it like this before.
OK, I'm interested in this game making its goal, and I'm a backer... but that's not how I understand it.
The pledge says you get all acts funded by this campaign.

And in the FAQ, the answer to what does "all funded acts" mean? is:
"This is our second time on Kickstarter, and as a part of our strategy we decided to reduce the scope of the project and divide the game into three episodes. While this project’s goal is to fund Act 1, our stretch goals will include the potential to fund Acts 2 and 3, in which case you’ll receive those upon release."

So what I understand is that you'll get only act 1. Unless they meet the stretch goals (right now, unfortunately, they'll be lucky to even get de base fund) for acts 2 and 3.

But it's how you understand it. You have episodic games, and you have games thought as trilogies. That doesn't mean that each part isn't meaningful on its own. Like it happens with the journey down, for instance.
They spaced Ira in three acts, to be able to fund it. Does it mean that it's like episodic games, cut off at a cliffhanger with no value on their own? I don't know. I hope not.