It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any biggish KS launched recently?.ie Wasteland 2/Pillars of Eternity size?
Winterflame : The Other Side

It's seem like side scroll platform
Niggles: Any biggish KS launched recently?.ie Wasteland 2/Pillars of Eternity size?
Maybe this?
New games from the makers of Quest for Infamy.

They already have funding for the second Quest for Infamy game and the first Order of the Thorne game and are trying to get enough funding for a second Order of the Thorne game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992695780/order-of-the-thorne-and-roehm-to-ruin-by-infamous

You can get the second Quest for Infamy game for $5 and the first Order of the Thorne game for $10.

If they raise $35k they will be adding a second Order of the Thorne game which you can get for another $10.
I received a reply on the DRM-free status of <span class="bold">Herald - An Interactive Period Drama</span>:

We're currently looking into getting on GoG.com; we'll release an update with more info in the coming days.

I've asked them if there will be a DRM-free direct download, in case they aren't accepted onto GOG. But at least they are initially open to the idea of a DRM-free release, since they want to be here.
The Silent Roads - A roguelike, post-apocalyptic videogame
(seems like a strange mix between Neo-Scavenger and Kings of Dragon Pass/FTL ?).

Amaranthine -" rpg title filled with action, comedy, romance, horror"
(looks like a sort of JRPG)

Outland 17 - Steampunk XCOM
Post edited April 26, 2015 by karnak1
karnak1: The Silent Roads - A roguelike, post-apocalyptic videogame
(seems like a strange mix between Neo-Scavenger and Kings of Dragon Pass/FTL ?).

I'll wait for the usual comments about DRM, but steampunk XCOM sounds lovely. Amaranthine has the steam logo as a target, which coupled with it being an ARPG (which means either loot whoring diablo clone that I dislike or a tight combat experience I can hope a single indie dev to accomplish succesfully) makes me want to pass.

P1na: I'll wait for the usual comments about DRM, but steampunk XCOM sounds lovely. Amaranthine has the steam logo as a target, which coupled with it being an ARPG (which means either loot whoring diablo clone that I dislike or a tight combat experience I can hope a single indie dev to accomplish succesfully) makes me want to pass.
We may be getting new comments like are your games Steam Workshop free :D

P1na: I'll wait for the usual comments about DRM, but steampunk XCOM sounds lovely. Amaranthine has the steam logo as a target, which coupled with it being an ARPG (which means either loot whoring diablo clone that I dislike or a tight combat experience I can hope a single indie dev to accomplish succesfully) makes me want to pass.
At first I only posted links to DRM-free-certified KS because I thought only those were relevant to the GOG crowd.
But, after some time, I became aware that many folks here also buy Steam (not my case) as well as DRM-free games.

At the same time, a game which gets funded and released on Steam can also be released on GOG later down the road. A game which doesn't get funded will never be played by anyone. So, in the long run, it's better for every interesting KS to find acceptance and funding.

And, with the release of the GOG Galaxy Client, it's very likely that more and more devs will be interested in releasing their games here. In fact, every time I contacted indie devs about the chance of releasing their games on GOG, they'd say that they'd feel reluctant because it was way easier to launch patches and updates through the Steam client (while GOG had no such thing). It may just be a lazy and lame excuse, but it's a known fact that most devs really are a bit lazy in such issues. :P

Anyway I'm one of those who believe Galaxy may bring some radical changes in GOG (maybe some good and some bad - but overall positive).
karnak1: At first I only posted links to DRM-free-certified KS because I thought only those were relevant to the GOG crowd.
But, after some time, I became aware that many folks here also buy Steam (not my case) as well as DRM-free games.

At the same time, a game which gets funded and released on Steam can also be released on GOG later down the road. A game which doesn't get funded will never be played by anyone. So, in the long run, it's better for every interesting KS to find acceptance and funding.

And, with the release of the GOG Galaxy Client, it's very likely that more and more devs will be interested in releasing their games here. In fact, every time I contacted indie devs about the chance of releasing their games on GOG, they'd say that they'd feel reluctant because it was way easier to launch patches and updates through the Steam client (while GOG had no such thing). It may just be a lazy and lame excuse, but it's a known fact that most devs really are a bit lazy in such issues. :P

Anyway I'm one of those who believe Galaxy may bring some radical changes in GOG (maybe some good and some bad - but overall positive).
Oh, don't get me wrong, I appreciate you posting those links. I don't post here often, but I have this thread on my favorites and is my one and only source of kickstarter games to consider.

I don't mean to say that DRM'd kickstarter projects shouldn't be mentioned at all, but it is certainly a point to consider in my case. Similarly, I wouldn't object to a console only project being mentioned, even if it held 0 interest for me.
karnak1: At first I only posted links to DRM-free-certified KS because I thought only those were relevant to the GOG crowd.

P1na: Oh, don't get me wrong, I appreciate you posting those links. I don't post here often, but I have this thread on my favorites and is my one and only source of kickstarter games to consider.
I didn't really see you post as negative (sorry if you thought I was feeling atacked or something). I just took your comment as an opportunity to reflect on why people should try to support KS even if the devs don't use the DRM-free label.

In fact, i too was one of those people who didn't bother to look at a KS if they didn't show the "stop-DRM" card.
Until I became aware that most devs will probably only use the Steam logo because they assume that most gamers won't trust a game until it's been greenlit by Steam. Most of these indie devs (after the game has been launched and properly patched and 100% ready) will probably have no problem in releasing them in the DRM-free market (specially considering that their game would be pirated/torrented anyway).

So, the more games we have in the market, the better.

Again, sorry if you thought I was pissed by your remark. Not at all.
<span class="bold">Over The Hills And Far Away: A Visual Novel</span>

Set during the War of 1812, a soldier takes refuge from the storm in a barn and meets a native girl who will change everything...

<span class="bold">No One But You</span>

A Visual Novel/Dating sim about Hideaki who discovers hidden secrets, meant to stay hidden and potential love in Okutama.

<span class="bold">Starlight Vega - Visual Novel</span>

Starlight Vega is a fantasy comedy visual novel (an interactive fiction game) with GirlxGirl romances.
Crosscode CrossCode

Official site is here: http://www.cross-code.com/en/home

There's a demo available to try either in browser or downloadable. Just gave it a try today and backed the project.

"A retro-inspired 2D Action RPG set in the distant future. Meet Lea as she logs into an MMO of the distant future. Follow her steps as she discovers a vast world, meets other players and overcomes all the challenges of the game."

There's a slickness to the movement and combat that I found surprising. It's a bit goofy but it's warm-hearted.

I put up a wishlist entry here on gog also.
karnak1: Again, sorry if you thought I was pissed by your remark. Not at all.
No harm done, I did think that you might taken it badly but glad it wasn't the case.

I recently had a similar discusion with a friend of mine who was burned after a failed KS, regarding yandere simulator in particular. My point was that if you back a project, then maybe the game gets done, and if it's done then maybe it's good. And we can add that maybe it goes DRM free, on launch or years after that. If you don't back (on a broad sense), it won't get done at all. Question is, do you have the free money to bet? And I feel more tempted to bet on those who bet themselves on DRM-free from the start. That's how I see it, at least.

triock: A Visual Novel/Dating sim about Hideaki who discovers hidden secrets, meant to stay hidden and potential love in Okutama.
Seems worth betting, for just 3$. Has to be real bad to not be worth that much.
karnak1: Outland 17 - Steampunk XCOM
Hi, I'm the producer for Outland 17. Thank you karnak1 for the mention. It's always great when you find that someone shared your link. If you have any questions about my game, just let me know I would be happy to answer it.