It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PC Building Simulator, Ultimate Fishing Simulator, and Plane Mechanic Simulator are now DRM-free and up to 45% off!

In PC Building Simulator (-30%), you can find out how "easy" it really is to plug a Ryzen 5 Six-Core 1600X to a Z170 Mtech motherboard, with two GeForce GTX 1060s in SLI. To celebrate the arrival of the game into the DRM-free world, Claudiu Kiss and The Irregular Corp have announced the upcoming release of special GOG-branded in-game wallpapers as well as a custom GOG/NZXT in-game case in the GOG version.

Hop on a boat with your fishing rod and a healthy amount of bait to catch some feisty sea creatures in Ultimate Fishing Simulator (-45%). Toggle between the realistic mode for a slow-paced and contemplative experience or the normal mode that will always make sure you have a marine opponent coming up soon.

Lose your mind playing around with 800 bits and pieces in Plane Mechanic Simulator (-20%), a game that will test your ability to learn quickly about the mechanic powering warplanes of the Royal Air Force.

Discounts for newly released simulator games are valid until May 31, 1 PM UTC.
tinyE: Well said.
Lodium: Wheres U.P. ? Im Not really fammiliar with abbreviations in the US.
Also its pretty expensive to travel to the states from europe but maybe some day when i take the trip il take you up on the offer.
Upper Peninsula
A secluded forgotten region of Michigan.
low rated
dgnfly: So when you played Super meat boy you felt you could identify with the character physically and mentally? I'm horrified at the thought of you being only meat with no skin then. Escapism doesn't really mean you need to be immersed. You whole surrounding in the game is one of fantasy not reality.

I think art is subjective only towards the one who creates it cause everybody else is just subject to the creator's whim, People will try to take their own sense of what it is out of it but in the end, it doesn't change its true meaning. We might not experience the same thing but in the end that only matters if there is no creator anymore or else you're in truth subject to the creator's whim. What you wanna say is that we get a different interpretation from things but that difference mostly factors in our life experiences if all knew the same we'd end up for the most part with the same conclusion.

In my opinion, art is all bullshit compared to natures beauty which is one of my cosmic impacts. Look at any original standards compared to today you'd actually say people have no real clue what art is, The best form of art are the ones based on reality but you still need criteria for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
Lodium: Cant you read?
If i felt i coud identify with the charecter or the Game world i woud have felt imersed in it , woudnt i.
The opositesite is true when i didnt.
Frustrating, challinging and rewarding when i overcome a challenge isnt something i cant get in the real world
so thats not something that makes me identify with either the character or the game world.

Also , if the art is only subjective to the creator youre kinda contradicting yourself.
The reality of our world is created in our brains.
What you see as nature around you can actually just be some simulation in a big computer
for you it will appear real, for others it can just be some very advanced simulation.
Perhaps we all live in extremly advanced Virtual world where were able to touch, feel and smell.
Yes, I read that, But escapism doesn't mean you need to connect directly it could be the world itself that has an aspect of fantasy, you make it seem that Because you couldn't feel immersed in meat boy it isn't escapism regardless of it not being in reality. Fantasy itself is escapism as long as the game isn't based on reality it would count.

Actually, it doesn't contradict itself, The idea is that if the creator says it is what it is you wouldn't be able to change that regardless of your subjective opinion. And games itself are the hardest to look at subjectively hence why I'd rather leave it to the masses instead of a select few. '' The reality of our world is created in our brains. '' Bullshit or else everybody would live in their minds. The belief that our thoughts create our reality is as seductive as it is misleading. It would be nice if we had unlimited power to change things, but we don't have total control over life. Consciousness creates reality.

If we so-called create things in nature where are the Dragons and Unicorns? Cause I could imagine they were real but that doesn't make it true.

*Modded, please be polite to the others.
Post edited May 25, 2019 by Ashleee
dgnfly: Again the same parrot behavior from you, Funny when asking you to define it you just go like a 4-year-old ''Stop complaining about a game cause I can't cope with you calling it garbage'' I'm calling out that garbage like this gets released here on a whim but actual games aren't but that seems to trigger people like you like some crazy man.

THIS THING YOU LIKE TO CALL A GAME IS GARBAGE SO..... DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Or give an actual answer which it seems you can't MR parrot.
Mr. Parrot?

And I would not be able to judge this game, as I said I have not played it.

but it gets very good user reviews on Steam (88% out of 7.9k reviews) so I would not call it garbage.

why should I not call it a game?
what is a game ?

enter the following text in the Google searchbar: word definition game

check : word_definition_.jpg

Game | Definition of Game by Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/game

Game definition is - activity engaged in for diversion or amusement : play. How to use game in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of game.
game | Definition of game in English by Oxford Dictionaries
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/game

Definition of game - an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun, a complete episode or period of play, ending in a final result, a type of ac.
Game - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

Jump to Other definitions - "A game is a system in which players engage in an artificial conflict, defined by rules, that results in a quantifiable outcome.
‎Video game · ‎Mobile game · ‎Game of chance · ‎Strategy game

This is only a very small example, if you want to check everything the searchresult will show you, go ahead, it might take a few hours , maybe a day :D
Attachments:
Lodium: Cant you read?
If i felt i coud identify with the charecter or the Game world i woud have felt imersed in it , woudnt i.
The opositesite is true when i didnt.
Frustrating, challinging and rewarding when i overcome a challenge isnt something i cant get in the real world
so thats not something that makes me identify with either the character or the game world.

Also , if the art is only subjective to the creator youre kinda contradicting yourself.
The reality of our world is created in our brains.
What you see as nature around you can actually just be some simulation in a big computer
for you it will appear real, for others it can just be some very advanced simulation.
Perhaps we all live in extremly advanced Virtual world where were able to touch, feel and smell.
dgnfly: Yes, I read that, But escapism doesn't mean you need to connect directly it could be the world itself that has an aspect of fantasy, you make it seem that Because you couldn't feel immersed in meat boy it isn't escapism regardless of it not being in reality. Fantasy itself is escapism as long as the game isn't based on reality it would count.

Actually, it doesn't contradict itself, The idea is that if the creator says it is what it is you wouldn't be able to change that regardless of your subjective opinion. And games itself are the hardest to look at subjectively hence why I'd rather leave it to the masses instead of a select few. '' The reality of our world is created in our brains. '' Bullshit or else everybody would live in their minds. The belief that our thoughts create our reality is as seductive as it is misleading. It would be nice if we had unlimited power to change things, but we don't have total control over life. Consciousness creates reality.

you must be smoking some weed at the moment to get that perspective of reality. If we so-called create things in nature where are the Dragons and Unicorns? Cause I could imagine they were real but that doesn't make it true.
Actually, if the world around is realized in our brains then it also must mean can change anything as long as its based on what the brain belives is real.
If your brain belives something is real it will become real fo you.
Images, touch etc isnt more than simply electric impulses to the brain wich the brain again interpret to an object or simply trees or birds if you will. For all you know those birds migth be something completly difrent. This is based on a scientific hypothesis, not proven, dont remember the name and im too lazy too google. (Also not hard to imagine for anyone that has seen the Matrix) Im not saying that the matrix is real. Im just saying its a possibilty that our reality is something like that.

Of course real physics doesnt allow that, you still need to follow the rules of physics.
But making humans belive something is real is not that hard.

Edit : For the heck of it, i think i found something simmilar
It wasnt the excact topic i was thinking of but oh well...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis
Post edited May 25, 2019 by Lodium
low rated
Could someone please make Curation Simulator? ;p
richlind33: Could someone please make Curation Simulator? ;p
Already done
low rated
dgnfly: Yes, I read that, But escapism doesn't mean you need to connect directly it could be the world itself that has an aspect of fantasy, you make it seem that Because you couldn't feel immersed in meat boy it isn't escapism regardless of it not being in reality. Fantasy itself is escapism as long as the game isn't based on reality it would count.

you must be smoking some weed at the moment to get that perspective of reality. If we so-called create things in nature where are the Dragons and Unicorns? Cause I could imagine they were real but that doesn't make it true.
Lodium: Of course real physics doesnt allow that, you still need to follow the rules of physics.
True but the laws change. I mean they don't literally change, but over time we discover that the rules aren't exactly what we thought they were. It really wasn't that long ago that a certain someone with really messy hair proved that indeed, "Newton was wrong."

It's funny because just last week I had this conversation with my therapist.
I told him the only certainty was mathematics and he pointed out that according to some of Hawking's work, among others, not even mathematics are a certainty.
Post edited May 25, 2019 by tinyE
Lodium: Of course real physics doesnt allow that, you still need to follow the rules of physics.
tinyE: True but the laws change. I mean they don't literally change, but over time we discover that the rules aren't exactly what we thought they were. It really wasn't that long ago that a certain someone with really messy hair proved that indeed, "Newton was wrong."

It's funny because just last week I had this conversation with my therapist.
I told him the only certainty was mathematics and he pointed out that according to some of Hawking's work, among others, not even mathematics are a certainty.
I think we humans are a bit too quick beeing pridefull of our knowledge
Im pretty sure if the Aliens exist they must be laughing of us.
We cant even harness the sun very effectivly.

Theres also tons of other things we have yet to discover.
Future Scientist, Matematics etc will probly think that our generation was a bit naive.
Its always fun to discuss philosophy with such people.
Post edited May 25, 2019 by Lodium
Oddeus: Oh cool. Now, Gog, bring some Waifu simulators too! Just for the sake of completeness. And for relaxing...
never heard of waifu , but this sim looks quite nice:

this is NOT a joke i really admire the animations and the artwork:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/286240/Dog_Sled_Saga/

6,59€

and this one, its a little one and has pixel graphics , still seems okay at 2,39€
also nice one ( not joking here)

coming soon:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/689980/Car_Trader_Simulator/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/992840/Car_Wash_Simulator/

and the list seems endles.

Anyway i admit i am not a fan of simulators , sims games and games that look like it.

Gearhead garage was a nice game , it doesnt work on 64 bits and runs only on old machines using old windows and a few old GPU.
What about Car Mechanic Simulator?
bssybeep: What about Car Mechanic Simulator?
That actually sounds pretty cool if it's in the vein of the plane mechanic game.

These... actually look strangely fun to me. If I hadn't picked up a few games lately I'd probably even be all over the plane one. I wonder how much it actually "teaches" you about basic prop engines?

Even the PC sim looks like it could be a fun little time filler, what with the "build a PC shop" metagame / quest system.
Goat Simulator is a great game.

Just BTW.
gamesfreak64: what is a game ?
A miserable little pile of secrets?

Someone should get the reference, right?
ReynardFox: ...Seriously?

So you'll sell a PC building simulator but not games from Cave or Taito?

I've really been trying to avoid the comparison game, but jeez, are we sure the curators aren't just monkeys throwing darts at a board at this point?
Shut up! PC Building Simulator is currently the 6 in top selling pc games currently. Not everyone has access to a community collage to take a course in PC technical.