It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PC Building Simulator, Ultimate Fishing Simulator, and Plane Mechanic Simulator are now DRM-free and up to 45% off!

In PC Building Simulator (-30%), you can find out how "easy" it really is to plug a Ryzen 5 Six-Core 1600X to a Z170 Mtech motherboard, with two GeForce GTX 1060s in SLI. To celebrate the arrival of the game into the DRM-free world, Claudiu Kiss and The Irregular Corp have announced the upcoming release of special GOG-branded in-game wallpapers as well as a custom GOG/NZXT in-game case in the GOG version.

Hop on a boat with your fishing rod and a healthy amount of bait to catch some feisty sea creatures in Ultimate Fishing Simulator (-45%). Toggle between the realistic mode for a slow-paced and contemplative experience or the normal mode that will always make sure you have a marine opponent coming up soon.

Lose your mind playing around with 800 bits and pieces in Plane Mechanic Simulator (-20%), a game that will test your ability to learn quickly about the mechanic powering warplanes of the Royal Air Force.

Discounts for newly released simulator games are valid until May 31, 1 PM UTC.
high rated
Oh cool. Now, Gog, bring some Waifu simulators too! Just for the sake of completeness. And for relaxing...
low rated
dgnfly: Define common sense cause you seem to lack it? You think this game would nearly be on par with any normal game simply cause you're butthurt I called the game garbage and people who buy it, morons. How far did this hurt your butthurt ranking? I like how you constantly need to try to get a definition made by some unknown nobody that think it defines ''Computer game'' Cause like I said many times the original meaning means nothing cause different people see different interpretation but you seem to ignore this fact cause you need child lack help with definition cause you can't define it yourself as a person. I could define a Stick as a game as long as I play with it which would be retarded but that could be excused as such.

You bullshit notion of "things I like are games, things I do not like are not" considering i could care if it got released i just like to call garbage for what it is.

In the end your dumbass notion of simple definition would mean even broken games should be defined as actual games even if they are broken as long as they uphold a so-called definition, So if a game gets released and people call it barely a game in your notion they aren't allowed to complain most likely cause it doesn't suit your narrative.

From all your replies they sure keep getting dumb. Nothing that actually gives you validity you even needed to steal the concept of it's a puzzle game from a different user.
amok: no, no, no. you misunderstand me. I have never played this game, nor will I. Simulators in general is not my thing, and this PC building one seems very boring. it is not my cup of tea at all... however I have not issue with it existing, being sold and other people liking it. each to their own.

What I do have an issue with is your elitist attitude. who are you to judge what is or is not a game? especially as you are incapable of telling what a game is. so again, to be able to tell if something is or is not a game, you first need to know what a game is.
Wauw so you think to call game garbage now suddenly means not defining a game? You must be head over heels when a broken game gets released then and criticized? I don't know if you know this but I would go for an un-curated store so I think everything is a GO but since GOG wants to define games for being ''Too Niche'' as garbage not worth releasing here but garbage like this suddenly is I take an issue with it. You could define people playing with a stick a game so the definition means nothing because the word game itself is socially constructed like all words are and can change at any moment.

I like how you keep repeating yourself like a parrot but not actually taking you time to comprehend it Also, This still isn't a game regardless of what you wanna define it dictionary or otherwise. your logic is pretty simple you need dictionary definition for things which probably means you couldn't comprehend the idea that meaning change, let alone that I could call anything I see a game as long as I enjoy it. So would you define sex as a game cause people are amused by it? so do Visual novels define a game or as what more reflect as visual books? considering even those are called games sometimes while there is nothing real interactive about them? Or you trying to parrot your way through tthis?

Oddeus: Oh cool. Now, Gog, bring some Waifu simulators too! Just for the sake of completeness. And for relaxing...
Yandere simulator/Tsundere Simulator, But probably won't define as a game cause it triggers people.
Post edited May 25, 2019 by dgnfly
amok: no, no, no. you misunderstand me. I have never played this game, nor will I. Simulators in general is not my thing, and this PC building one seems very boring. it is not my cup of tea at all... however I have not issue with it existing, being sold and other people liking it. each to their own.

What I do have an issue with is your elitist attitude. who are you to judge what is or is not a game? especially as you are incapable of telling what a game is. so again, to be able to tell if something is or is not a game, you first need to know what a game is.
dgnfly: Wauw so you think to call game garbage now suddenly means not defining a game? You must be head over heels when a broken game gets released then and criticized? I don't know if you know this but I would go for an un-curated store so I think everything is a GO but since GOG wants to define games for being ''Too Niche'' as garbage not worth releasing here but garbage like this suddenly is I take an issue with it. You could define people playing with a stick a game so the definition means nothing because the word game itself is socially constructed like all words are and can change at any moment.

I like how you keep repeating yourself like a parrot but not actually taking you time to comprehend it Also, This still isn't a game regardless of what you wanna define it dictionary or otherwise. your logic is pretty simple you need dictionary definition for things which probably means you couldn't comprehend the idea that meaning change, let alone that I could call anything I see a game as long as I enjoy it. So would you define sex as a game cause people are amused by it? so do Visual novels define a game or as what more reflect as visual books? considering even those are called games sometimes while there is nothing real interactive about them? Or you trying to parrot your way through tthis?
Your words:
dgnfly: [...] people like me Want certain ''Niche games'' released that are actual games.
dgnfly: [...] There were plenty of actual games rejected to make way for garbage like this.
dgnfly: [...] One thing is for sure you need a pretty boring mind if you consider this a game.
dgnfly: [...] One thing is for sure you need a pretty boring mind if you consider this a game.
so it is not about "calling games garbage", but calling games you do not like as.... not games? for what reason?
Lodium: Brutally hard games isnt really escapism, Those are challenges.
However that doesnt mean there doesnt exist brutally hard challenges in the real world as well.
One usally do a challange in some form to get a kick from adraline.
It feels good to overcome a challange wheter in a computer game or not.
Perhaps the only diferance is the relative safety in a computer game, theres also the imersive aspects.
It isnt really possible to be a real vampire going around sucking peoples blood and be immortal to make one example.

With that said there do exist games where you can in a way escape as you put it but i dont consider super meat boy as one of those.
dgnfly: Actually, their setting is mostly based on Escapism, If you were to make a game based on reality you'd get a pretty boring game unless it means an unrealistic scenario like all those war games. Challenges in the real world are only for a select few because you need pretty dangerous things if you wanna call something challenge.

With a challenge in the gaming world, you take away the risk hence but there is a difference between brutal hard or challenging depending on how fair the game is made and Dark souls is a fair game for people with skill and patience.

The question is do you consider Super meat boy a sense of reality or fiction? considering the characters sure do lack reality.
amok: no, it is your statement "Most games are escapism " - how are those games I listed "escapism"?

so again - to be able to tell if something is a game or not, you need to define what it is. for the sake of argument, define "computer game"... what is a computer game?

all you have said so far boils down to "things I like are games, things I do not like are not" - not very good....
dgnfly: Define common sense cause you seem to lack it? You think this game would nearly be on par with any normal game simply cause you're butthurt I called the game garbage and people who buy it, morons. How far did this hurt your butthurt ranking? I like how you constantly need to try to get a definition made by some unknown nobody that think it defines ''Computer game'' Cause like I said many times the original meaning means nothing cause different people see different interpretation but you seem to ignore this fact cause you need child lack help with definition cause you can't define it yourself as a person. I could define a Stick as a game as long as I play with it which would be retarded but that could be excused as such.

You bullshit notion of "things I like are games, things I do not like are not" considering i could care if it got released i just like to call garbage for what it is.

In the end your dumbass notion of simple definition would mean even broken games should be defined as actual games even if they are broken as long as they uphold a so-called definition, So if a game gets released and people call it barely a game in your notion they aren't allowed to complain most likely cause it doesn't suit your narrative.

From all your replies they sure keep getting dumb. Nothing that actually gives you validity you even needed to steal the concept of it's a puzzle game from a different user.
Super meat boy is not based on escapism, It is based on a series of multiple challnges you must overcome as a lump of meat. I did not feel escaped at all when i played it.
I thougth the game was sometimimes frustrating, sometimes challenging and sometimes rewarding when i overcame a challenge, but at no time during play did i feel imersed in it.

Let me ask you a question.
Do you think looking at art is subjective?
If you or me was looking at some works of art do we experience or interpret it the same way always?
Woud we experience art the same way no matter the art?
Post edited May 25, 2019 by Lodium
Has a release thread ever been closed? :P
>when you want to practice upgrading a PC on your PC but you need to upgrade your PC play it
tinyE: Has a release thread ever been closed? :P
There is a first for everything.
Meh, no tank sims, disappointing.
low rated
dgnfly: Actually, their setting is mostly based on Escapism, If you were to make a game based on reality you'd get a pretty boring game unless it means an unrealistic scenario like all those war games. Challenges in the real world are only for a select few because you need pretty dangerous things if you wanna call something challenge.

With a challenge in the gaming world, you take away the risk hence but there is a difference between brutal hard or challenging depending on how fair the game is made and Dark souls is a fair game for people with skill and patience.

The question is do you consider Super meat boy a sense of reality or fiction? considering the characters sure do lack reality.

Define common sense cause you seem to lack it? You think this game would nearly be on par with any normal game simply cause you're butthurt I called the game garbage and people who buy it, morons. How far did this hurt your butthurt ranking? I like how you constantly need to try to get a definition made by some unknown nobody that think it defines ''Computer game'' Cause like I said many times the original meaning means nothing cause different people see different interpretation but you seem to ignore this fact cause you need child lack help with definition cause you can't define it yourself as a person. I could define a Stick as a game as long as I play with it which would be retarded but that could be excused as such.

Lodium: Super meat boy is not based on escapism, It is based on a series of multiple challnges you must overcome as a lump of meat. I did not feel escaped at all when i played it.
I thougth the game was sometimimes frustrating, sometimes challenging and sometimes rewarding when i overcame a challenge, but at no time did i feel imersed in it.

Do you think looking at art is subjective.
If you or me was looking at some works of art do we experience or interpret it the same way always?
So when you played Super meat boy you felt you could identify with the character physically and mentally? I'm horrified at the thought of you being only meat with no skin then. Escapism doesn't really mean you need to be immersed. You whole surrounding in the game is one of fantasy not reality.

I think art is subjective only towards the one who creates it cause everybody else is just subject to the creator's whim, People will try to take their own sense of what it is out of it but in the end, it doesn't change its true meaning. We might not experience the same thing but in the end that only matters if there is no creator anymore or else you're in truth subject to the creator's whim. What you wanna say is that we get a different interpretation from things but that difference mostly factors in our life experiences if all knew the same we'd end up for the most part with the same conclusion.

In my opinion, art is all bullshit compared to natures beauty which is one of my cosmic impacts. Look at any original standards compared to today you'd actually say people have no real clue what art is, The best form of art are the ones based on reality but you still need criteria for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
Post edited May 25, 2019 by dgnfly
tinyE: Am I crazy or did we just cross over from criticizing to belittling?
I think we crossed over to you being the rational person in the conversation.
wolfsite: I think we crossed over to you being the rational person in the conversation.
There is a first for everything. :p
wolfsite: I think we crossed over to you being the rational person in the conversation.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Lodium: Super meat boy is not based on escapism, It is based on a series of multiple challnges you must overcome as a lump of meat. I did not feel escaped at all when i played it.
I thougth the game was sometimimes frustrating, sometimes challenging and sometimes rewarding when i overcame a challenge, but at no time did i feel imersed in it.

Do you think looking at art is subjective.
dgnfly: So when you played Super meat boy you felt you could identify with the character physically and mentally? I'm horrified at the thought of you being only meat with no skin then. Escapism doesn't really mean you need to be immersed. You whole surrounding in the game is one of fantasy not reality.

I think art is subjective only towards the one who creates it cause everybody else is just subject to the creator's whim, People will try to take their own sense of what it is out of it but in the end, it doesn't change its true meaning. We might not experience the same thing but in the end that only matters if there is no creator anymore or else you're in truth subject to the creator's whim. What you wanna say is that we get a different interpretation from things but that difference mostly factors in our life experiences if all knew the same we'd end up for the most part with the same conclusion.

In my opinion, art is all bullshit compared to natures beauty which is one of my cosmic impacts. Look at any original standards compared to today you'd actually say people have no real clue what art is, The best form of art are the ones based on reality but you still need criteria for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
Cant you read?
If i felt i coud identify with the charecter or the Game world, i woud have felt imersed in it , woudnt i.
The oposite is true when i didnt.
Frustrating, challenging and rewarding when i overcome a challenge isnt something i cant get in the real world
so thats not something that makes me identify with either the character or the game world.

Also , if the art is only subjective to the creator youre kinda contradicting yourself.
The reality of our world is created in our brains.
What you see as nature around you can actually just be some simulation in a big computer
for you it will appear real, for others it can just be some very advanced simulation.
Perhaps we all live in extremly advanced Virtual world where were able to touch, feel and smell.
dgnfly:
Lodium: The reality of our world is created in our brains.
What you see as nature around you can actually just be some simulation in a big computer
for you it will appear real, for others it can just be some very advanced simulation.
Perhaps we all live in extremly advanced Virtual world where were able to touch, feel and smell.
Well said.
Post edited May 25, 2019 by tinyE
Lodium: The reality of our world is created in our brains.
tinyE: Well said.
Wheres U.P. ? Im Not really fammiliar with abbreviations in the US.
Also its pretty expensive to travel to the states from europe but maybe some day when i take the trip when ecconomy is allowing it, il take you up on the offer.