It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lazydog: which has no basis on sex
Ah, but everything's about sex with our lovely DT. ;)

She can't get her mind off of it, the naughty girl!
Well, kill me if you like, but I am sad. I respect the decision; I sincerely hope it is going to work out the way they (the Brexiteers) hope, however... Europe without the U.K.; without their input, politically and culturally, is no longer Europe.

Today, Europe de facto ceased to exist; in its idea, in its ideals.

Europe is a mess, but will become a bigger mess when the wish to return to Nation States and the way things were will gain momentum and more exits will follow. That saddens me deeply.

Hence the *kill me if you like* part: either it happens now or in the next - truly devastating - war in Europe.

(The upside to all of this that today we have games to practice and prepare for this grim future).
Just a silly tweet from a NetBSD developer (yes, related to this topic, but I think we need some humor):

I suggest a new function for the Unix standard C library: brexit(3): perform normal program termination and remove the binary from the disk.

https://twitter.com/mbalmer/status/746387347823071232
Lodium: [
Even in my contry most of the politicians and most of the media blame the brexit on mostly the imigrants.
Imigration is one of the problems but its not the only problem.
I dont belive for a second that imigration was the only problem for brits that voted leave.
morolf: Of course not, Eurosceptiscism has been strong in Britain for decades, and some of the leaders of the leave campaign like Johnson went out of their way to emphasize how pro-immigration they are. But I do believe concerns about immigration were a strong factor in this referendum, maybe the decisive one.
I think its more of like the final straw that broke the camels back.
When stuff is not working properly and people are not happy, sooner or later people will protest one way or another.
this has been the case since ancient times.
The french revolution , The boston tea party, USA,s independence and so on.
It remains to be seen if this protest will end Peacefully.
Post edited June 25, 2016 by Lodium
Calais jungle, if you think this kind of things didn't play a role in the Leave decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJbqsBALucA&list=PLUJqQaUfcBW35T3PD2jNUhes3nsPMGt-2
Bavarian: then I'm afraid we just have to agree to disagree.
catpower1980: I guess so as I was a far-leftist 20 years ago but turned far-right over the years seeing how the left turned out. I found very interesting to make comparisons between Brexit voters, far-right voters in France and the voters for Höfer in your country as they are what I would crudely call "the leftovers of the system"(damn, that makes me one of them ^o^). Actually most "nationalist" voters nowadays are the working class which got abandoned by the "neo-left" which is now more trying to please employees of the big cities because it's easier to cater to them. And naturally we can add the eternal duality between cities and the countryside into the mix.....

About the age of youngsters, it's normal there's a generation clash as for people over 30 like me, we still vividly remember the 80's and 90's, back when EU was not so prevalent so we can still make comparisons. On the contrary, millenials always lived within the EU system so they don't know that an alternative can exist. Then to get more ideological, I would add that the millenial generation has been raised up in comfort and as perpetual consumers. It then raises the question of the lack of resilience of this generation (due to medias and poor education) thus the idea of a technocratic Europe is more appealing as they can be spoonfed and don't have to choose politically-wise.

I actually liked your comment about comparing business decision and political decision as it's considered an heresy from a leftist point of view :o) I don't know about the Austrian mindset but that seems close to the German one which considers people primarly as workforce instead of the Latin point of view which considers people as individuals. Being accustomed to French culture I can't naturally agree with you guys ^o^

__________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, that will be my last post in this thread. Not that I don't want to debate but I think that now, the most reasonable thing to do is to just sit back, chill out and see how things will turn out in the upcoming months now that the dices have been rolled.

Peace. Love.
really? the germans are not individualistic? I thought they were very liberal (I goddamn hate political language. just trying to get meaning across)-minded. I thought culturally they were different that way from other Eastern European societies. maybe more conservative but still very much in a camp of the more "humane" European countries. Almost more American or British or Western in some regards while still diverging from those countries with heavy European cultural elements. What you describe is very different from what I thought and puts them in a more slavic style.
petitmal: Well, kill me if you like, but I am sad. I respect the decision; I sincerely hope it is going to work out the way they (the Brexiteers) hope, however... Europe without the U.K.; without their input, politically and culturally, is no longer Europe.

Europe is a mess, but will become a bigger mess when the wish to return to Nation States and the way things were will gain momentum and more exits will follow. That saddens me deeply.

Hence the *kill me if you like* part: either it happens now or in the next - truly devastating - war in Europe.
now,. let's not succumb to panic, despair and doomsday prophecies.
I think as well that this a sad and disappointing development, but the world is not going to end because of it.

i liked the dry comment with which the president of the German parliament opened today's session:
"Yesterday the British voted to leave the European Union, ... and the sun still came up today. And while we regret the former, we can still take comfort in the latter."
:)
Europe is still there, life goes on.
petitmal: Well, kill me if you like, but I am sad. I respect the decision; I sincerely hope it is going to work out the way they (the Brexiteers) hope, however... Europe without the U.K.; without their input, politically and culturally, is no longer Europe.

(The upside to all of this that today we have games to practice and prepare for this grim future).
I think you may be overreacting just a tiny little bit.

As far as I know, the UK is still a part of Europe in every sense.

It's just not a part of the European Union, or at least, it's politically independent.

Things won't change that much, no need to be calling out to be killed. Why would you do that in the first place?
johnnygoging: slavic style.
Never heard of Slavic style.

Is that like Gangnam Style but with Slavs?
catpower1980: I guess so as I was a far-leftist 20 years ago but turned far-right over the years seeing how the left turned out. I found very interesting to make comparisons between Brexit voters, far-right voters in France and the voters for Höfer in your country as they are what I would crudely call "the leftovers of the system"(damn, that makes me one of them ^o^). Actually most "nationalist" voters nowadays are the working class which got abandoned by the "neo-left" which is now more trying to please employees of the big cities because it's easier to cater to them. And naturally we can add the eternal duality between cities and the countryside into the mix.....

About the age of youngsters, it's normal there's a generation clash as for people over 30 like me, we still vividly remember the 80's and 90's, back when EU was not so prevalent so we can still make comparisons. On the contrary, millenials always lived within the EU system so they don't know that an alternative can exist. Then to get more ideological, I would add that the millenial generation has been raised up in comfort and as perpetual consumers. It then raises the question of the lack of resilience of this generation (due to medias and poor education) thus the idea of a technocratic Europe is more appealing as they can be spoonfed and don't have to choose politically-wise.

I actually liked your comment about comparing business decision and political decision as it's considered an heresy from a leftist point of view :o) I don't know about the Austrian mindset but that seems close to the German one which considers people primarly as workforce instead of the Latin point of view which considers people as individuals. Being accustomed to French culture I can't naturally agree with you guys ^o^

__________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, that will be my last post in this thread. Not that I don't want to debate but I think that now, the most reasonable thing to do is to just sit back, chill out and see how things will turn out in the upcoming months now that the dices have been rolled.

Peace. Love.
johnnygoging: really? the germans are not individualistic? I thought they were very liberal (I goddamn hate political language. just trying to get meaning across)-minded. I thought culturally they were different that way from other Eastern European societies. maybe more conservative but still very much in a camp of the more "humane" European countries. Almost more American or British or Western in some regards while still diverging from those countries with heavy European cultural elements. What you describe is very different from what I thought and puts them in a more slavic style.
*newsflash*
THE German mindset does not exist
we really need to stop trying to fit ONE mindset to a group of X million people.
mg1979: Calais jungle, if you think this kind of things didn't play a role in the Leave decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJbqsBALucA&list=PLUJqQaUfcBW35T3PD2jNUhes3nsPMGt-2
I hope the English gov is prepared for France not enforcing a control as firm on the frontier as it was done until today, because as far as I know it's an European agreement that hold these poor people on the continental side.
Dalthnock: It's just not a part of the European Union, or at least, it's politically independent.
Actually, the UK is *still* a part of the European Union; there is still a lengthy process that needs to be followed in order for the UK to *actually* exit.
Oh bugger
Gengar78: -Mogly from How Things Work in Busytown

...What? You didn't cite your source, so I did it for you! ^_^
tinyE: It was Samuel Clemens but close enough. :P
Ok, but just remember:

"Citation without representation is tyranny!"
-Me

P.S. It was actually Lowly not Mogly. Yeah, okay I got it wrong but maybe this is why you don't usually name crickets.
Dalthnock: It's just not a part of the European Union, or at least, it's politically independent.
dtgreene: Actually, the UK is *still* a part of the European Union; there is still a lengthy process that needs to be followed in order for the UK to *actually* exit.
Indeed, doll face. There will still be some in & out in Brussels for quite a while yet. ;)