It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome, Russian-speaking gamers!

GOG.com has always been about bringing you the widest selection of the greatest games: classic, new, all DRM-free. To keep this up we need to grow, and to grow we want to reach out to more gamers worldwide. We've already unveiled a French and German version of our store, and today we're introducing Russian to GOG.com! (Did you know that it's the second most used language on the internet?)

We already have more than 150 games in Russian in our catalog, and today we celebrate by releasing six new DRM-free games - including two digital distribution exclusives and three weeklong discounts:
-<span class="bold">Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power</span> (digital distribution exclusive)
-<span class="bold">Sea Dogs</span> (digital distribution exclusive)
-<span class="bold">Wings of Prey Complete</span>
-<span class="bold">Pilot Brothers</span> (-33%)
-<span class="bold">Men of War</span> (-50%)
-<span class="bold">Death to Spies</span> (-50%)

We have over 30 more games on sale this weekend up to 75% off: Russian-language games straight "<span class="bold">From Russian with Love</span>"! That includes not just the new releases, but also the King's Bounty saga, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and more. Everyone is invited to mingle, and it's as good a time as any to break down gaming's largest language barriers one discount at a time.

With an all-new website language, localised customer support, and a dedicated Russian forum, we're hoping to become the right place for all of our Russian-speaking gamers. We’re also adjusting our prices in those regions. For over a year we’ve been offering games at lower prices in Russia and other independent countries that emerged from the USSR, places where game prices have historically been lower than in western markets. Starting today, more games will be priced appropriately for these territories. We've decided to adjust our pricing to the realities of the market, to avoid a sense that you have to pay more to get your games DRM-free or that GOG.com games are more expensive than other stores that operate in those regions.

Just in case you wondering, introducing these price changes won't affect the way gifting works today on GOG.com.
Something I always ask myself is why Russia is so Windows friendly and we barely saw mac games thru the 90s and the following decade.
Why is that? Overspread windows piracy/bundled pcs with windows preinstalled/high mac prices?
And Linux? The only oldschool russian game that had linux support back in the day-or the only one I can think of now- is Vangers....
Does that mean Tetris Classic is coming to GOG, or is EA/Ubisoft/Current Holder going to be a hardshell about the licence?
I think this would be the perfect time ask for collapse (rage), dusk 12, Sledgehammer / Gear Grinder and the rest of Buka's (1C now) games. Pretty please with a cherry on top. Almost forgot "You are empty", I want to kill me some DRM-free giant chickens. Think of the goodies ...
Post edited April 02, 2015 by tischepe
Great news!
Guys is there any chance that in the close future will appear at least subtitles in russian language for Runaway trilogy - best adventure story after Broken Sword? Like for Deponia?
vicklemos: Something I always ask myself is why Russia is so Windows friendly and we barely saw mac games thru the 90s and the following decade.
Why is that? Overspread windows piracy/bundled pcs with windows preinstalled/high mac prices?
And Linux? The only oldschool russian game that had linux support back in the day-or the only one I can think of now- is Vangers....
Macs are somewhat expensive here in Poland so I can only imagine how expensive they may be in Russia or the CIS territories.

Also, Windows PCs are easier to put together so if you are on a budget it's easier to get a running PC with a little bit of know-how and older parts whereas Macs were always closed off systems.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by JudasIscariot
apehater: i think i got it right. best thing for whom? i don't think so. for me it looks better when poorer countries (even if just some) get lower prices. of course thats another thing, if people in western eu have to pay more then us citizens, because i assume that there is no wealth difference (averaged).
As I said before you're not comprehending my opinion, the word "best" here implies relatively better as it was used as an expression. So again, it was relatively better for everyone but we can ofcourse argue whether US base price was the ideal one to measure against but that ship has sailed long ago here unfortunately. Yes, some people are benefiting from regional pricing arbitrarily and good for them but you really think the publishers have set this pricing model for RU out of the goodness of their hearts?

The current regional pricing model that is only benefiting a handful of the countries in one particular region will not affect a change for the rest of the poor countries in the world as can be evidenced by every other digital distribution store out there that has been employing standard regional pricing for a long time now. Lest you once again falsely assume and misinterpret my posts, I am not complaining for my own benefit which probably isn't ever going to happen for my country in a million years anyway, but like IAmSinistar and the rest of the vocal minority arguing for the sake of principals however unbelievably idealistic it may seem. This will be my last reply to you so feel free to think and incorrectly assume whatever you want.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by stg83
vicklemos: Something I always ask myself is why Russia is so Windows friendly and we barely saw mac games thru the 90s and the following decade.
JudasIscariot: Macs are somewhat expensive here in Poland so I can only imagine how expensive they may be in Russia or the CIS territories.

Also, Windows PCs are easier to put together so if you are on a budget it's easier to get a running PC with a little bit of know-how and older parts whereas Macs were always closed off systems.
Thanks for the info, Judas. :)
Trust me when I say that this is a reality for most countries in the world. Gaming on Linux was, eh, gaming on Linux (and that changed A LOT) and Mac prices were -I'm not kidding- sometimes higher than 2-3yrs old cars in here. Just unreal.

edit: some macs were that costly, but the iMac G3 was popular (but still so damn expensive)
Post edited April 02, 2015 by vicklemos
high rated
When personal computers reached Russia during 90th, only people which needed macs for work in Moscow/Peterburg purchased them.
Imagine getting mac repaired when you live in 1200 km from service center.
PC is easy to get parts for repair, easy to upgrade...
Just for the brand sake? Yes, there are now people which would do this, but not 20 years ago. In Soviet Russia brand chooses you :)
Linux needs stable internet for updates, which again->600km+ till nearest internet center for most of Russia.
Gremlion: When personal computers reached Russia during 90th, only people which needed macs for work in Moscow/Peterburg purchased them.
Imagine getting mac repaired when you live in 1200 km from service center.
PC is easy to get parts for repair, easy to upgrade...
Just for the brand sake? Yes, there are now people which would do this, but not 20 years ago. In Soviet Russia brand chooses you :)
Linux needs stable internet for updates, which again->600km+ till nearest internet center for most of Russia.
Thanks for the info!
Local market and geographic reasons make everything so unique sometimes. Don't you all agree?
And Russians, yeah, always finding a way... :)
Wow - nice combo there: sizable sale of great titles, 6 new releases, and 2 exclusives. Oh, and turning some retail keys into gOg keys for free? Icing on the cake. Seriously, way to go gOg!

As always, a hearty 'thank you!' to the newly-arrived publishers having faith in us to do the right thing with their DRM-free games.
sillygrapist: Well, Witcher sure did motivate me to learn Polish. I didn't get that far, but now I often don't even need subtitles to understand what characters say (playing with Polish VO).
I do understand Russian speech a little. If I could get comfortable with the alphabet that'd be a big step forward.
I much rather play computer games than war games with the Russians.
JudasIscariot: Macs are somewhat expensive here in Poland so I can only imagine how expensive they may be in Russia or the CIS territories.

To be fair macs are expensive everywhere and offer very little from hardware side for gaming unless you throw a lot of money in to them. Pcs on the other hand are cheap to build at least if you buy components in online stores.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by Matruchus
Thanks God for Gog.
vicklemos: And Linux? The only oldschool russian game that had linux support back in the day-or the only one I can think of now- is Vangers....
Linux used to be extremely newbie-unfriendly. In the 90s, most gamers were kids (hell, many of today's bosses won't hire you if you mention that you "play videogames" or "listen to music" in your spare time) whose parents bought a computer for the family, typically with pirated Windows and MS Office on it (not that the buyer knew what piracy was). So developing for a vanishingly small local Linux market, and without guaranteed access to the international (physical) market, wasn't really all that viable.

But there were distro wars in my school.
...Holy shit, I just now realized how lucky I was to study at a school that had distro wars.

My father was a small-time publisher and always wanted a Mac, because (1) it was a "supreme professional publishing tool" and (2) it didn't have "that ugly coffin".