It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Version 2.1.7 is up, with a couple of new features. I think from now on I'll try to reply directly to those who made the feature request :)
adambiser: - Always show Online/Offline status, PM button, and post link number
I just added this feature
HeDanny: Back in the olden days, we used to have a toggle that hid games we already owned in the catalog. Any chance this can be done?
and this one
HypersomniacLive: How difficult would it be to reassign "Hyperlinks" to a a different set of keys, say Ctrl+H or Ctrl+K for example?
In Gecko based browsers (perhaps Chrome ones too?), Ctrl+Y is assigned to "Redo" by default, and it'd be nice to keep this functional.
I'm working on it. It's actually very easy to change the assigned key, but tricky finding keys the browser doesn't already use for something else. Firefox lets the script take precedence, but Chrome and friends don't like me to use K, L, H, S or several other keys in combination with Ctrl. So I'll spend some time playing with different combinations seeing what's comfortable and then I'll change the shortcut keys. In the meantime, Ctrl+Shift+Z is an alternative "redo" shortcut key.
Post edited September 26, 2014 by Barefoot_Monkey
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.1.7 is up, with a couple of new features. I think from now on I'll try to reply directly to those who made the feature request :)
Barefoot_Monkey: I just added this feature
HeDanny: Back in the olden days, we used to have a toggle that hid games we already owned in the catalog. Any chance this can be done?
Barefoot_Monkey: and this one
Wow! Cool features both! Kudos!

I'll be using the first from now on.
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.1.7 is up, with a couple of new features. I think from now on I'll try to reply directly to those who made the feature request :)
Well, this is nice.

HypersomniacLive: How difficult would it be to reassign "Hyperlinks" to a a different set of keys, say Ctrl+H or Ctrl+K for example?
In Gecko based browsers (perhaps Chrome ones too?), Ctrl+Y is assigned to "Redo" by default, and it'd be nice to keep this functional.
Barefoot_Monkey: I'm working on it. It's actually very easy to change the assigned key, but tricky finding keys the browser doesn't already use for something else. Firefox lets the script take precedence, but Chrome and friends don't like me to use K, L, H, S or several other keys in combination with Ctrl. So I'll spend some time playing with different combinations seeing what's comfortable and then I'll change the shortcut keys. In the meantime, Ctrl+Shift+Z is an alternative "redo" shortcut key.
I like it as Ctrl+Shift+Z. Are you going to add it to the Quick Post hotkeys list?
Barefoot_Monkey: I'm working on it. It's actually very easy to change the assigned key, but tricky finding keys the browser doesn't already use for something else. Firefox lets the script take precedence, but Chrome and friends don't like me to use K, L, H, S or several other keys in combination with Ctrl. So I'll spend some time playing with different combinations seeing what's comfortable and then I'll change the shortcut keys. In the meantime, Ctrl+Shift+Z is an alternative "redo" shortcut key.
Just a note in case you're considering it. I don't recommend using any alt-ctrl-something or shift-ctrl-something combinations. These can be user defined to trigger an application or a shortcut at the windows level and take precedence over any application. I myself have alt-ctrl and shift-ctrl combinations for virtually every letter of the alphabet, as well as all the F keys and more (that's the only way I run applications -- a habit I developed way back in the DesqView days (if any of you youngsters knows what I'm talking about)).
Post edited September 26, 2014 by mrkgnao
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.1.7 is up, with a couple of new features. [...]

I'm working on it. It's actually very easy to change the assigned key, but tricky finding keys the browser doesn't already use for something else. Firefox lets the script take precedence, but Chrome and friends don't like me to use K, L, H, S or several other keys in combination with Ctrl. So I'll spend some time playing with different combinations seeing what's comfortable and then I'll change the shortcut keys. In the meantime, Ctrl+Shift+Z is an alternative "redo" shortcut key.
Is Ctrl+Ctrl assigned to anything? ;-P
- Always show Online/Offline status, PM button, and post link number
I'm afraid I don't follow - what exactly was the request here?

As always, cheers for the update! :-)
Barefoot_Monkey: - Always show Online/Offline status, PM button, and post link number
HypersomniacLive: I'm afraid I don't follow - what exactly was the request here?

As always, cheers for the update! :-)
Until now you had to hover your mouse over a forum post in order to see these three features. Now they can always be on screen. Love it!

P.S. Has a nice side effect of adding a bit of green and orange colour to the forums.
The native Chrome extension seems to have no issues that I can see so I packaged the update and sent it to Ubivis to put up on Chrome Web Store. I'm not sure when the update will arrive, but it's in the pipeline now.

I wonder if I shouldn't just pay Google the $5 for the right to publish extensions from my own account, so I don't have to keep bugging Ubivis...
mrkgnao: Just a note in case you're considering it. I don't recommend using any alt-ctrl-something or shift-ctrl-something combinations. These can be user defined to trigger an application or a shortcut at the windows level and take precedence over any application. I myself have alt-ctrl and shift-ctrl combinations for virtually every letter of the alphabet, as well as all the F keys and more (that's the only way I run applications -- a habit I developed way back in the DesqView days (if any of you youngsters knows what I'm talking about)).
I am now intrigued by the idea of having my own hotkeys for actions and programs. This would be very convenient to use and reminds me of AutoCAD. Any heads-ups before I look into setting this up on my laptop?
Barefoot_Monkey: The native Chrome extension seems to have no issues that I can see so I packaged the update and sent it to Ubivis to put up on Chrome Web Store. I'm not sure when the update will arrive, but it's in the pipeline now.

I wonder if I shouldn't just pay Google the $5 for the right to publish extensions from my own account, so I don't have to keep bugging Ubivis...
Are there any drawbacks to publishing extensions from your own account?
Keeping files in multiple locations is beneficial since sites and devices eventually go down or stop working. I'm looking at you, Planet Elder Scrolls.
Post edited September 26, 2014 by yarow12
mrkgnao: Just a note in case you're considering it. I don't recommend using any alt-ctrl-something or shift-ctrl-something combinations. These can be user defined to trigger an application or a shortcut at the windows level and take precedence over any application. I myself have alt-ctrl and shift-ctrl combinations for virtually every letter of the alphabet, as well as all the F keys and more (that's the only way I run applications -- a habit I developed way back in the DesqView days (if any of you youngsters knows what I'm talking about)).
yarow12: I am now intrigued by the idea of having my own hotkeys for actions and programs. This would be very convenient to use and reminds me of AutoCAD. Any heads-ups before I look into setting this up on my laptop?
In Windows XP and early versions of Windows 7 these shortcuts worked consistently only if they were attached to a shortcut icon on the desktop, not if they were attached to an application in the start menu. Otherwise they sometimes stopped working after reboot and would have to be redefined.

So I got used to always associate a keyboard shortcut with a desktop icon shortcut. I heard that this might not be necessary anymore but never got around to testing it, since it is convenient to see all your shortcuts on the desktop (obviously sorted by alphabetical order), just in case you forget one. I don't have any icons that are not associated with a keyboard shortcuts.

Otherwise it works great (until some clever dick application defines a useful combination that just happens to require a ctrl-shift-letter).

Every morning, first thing I do (without even opening my eyes) is click Alt-Ctrl-F (Firefox) and Alt-Ctrl-T (Thunderbird), often followed by Alt-Ctrl-Z (Filezilla). Other favourites: Alt-Ctrl-J for the current GOG game I'm playing (from the French jeu: game), Alt-Ctrl-K (Kalkulator), Alt-Ctrl-N (New text document in Vim), Alt-Ctrl-= (Beyond Compare).

I use Alt-Ctrl combinations to run applications and Shift-Ctrl combinations to open specific files and directories (e.g. Shift-Ctrl-C opens C:\ in Windows Explorer, Shift-Ctrl-A opens the directory that holds the MaGog code files, Shift-Ctrl F1-F12 map to specific files I edit often, etc., etc.).
mrkgnao: Until now you have to hover your mouse over a forum post in order to see these three features. Now they can always be on screen. Love it!

P.S. Has a nice side effect of adding a bit of green and orange colour to the forums.
Cool! Updating now to experience it first-hand. :-)
The always on Online/Offline status is so awesome, but I'll have to get used to it - I caught myself mechanically hovering over my mouse, though the status is in plain sight. :-)
Barefoot_Monkey: I just added this feature
Very nice. Thank you again for your work! You're negativing the need for my own Stylish Scripts. :)

My only extra wish would be to have a checkbox to toggle the visibility of owned games right on the catalog/search pages themselves. But I'm very thankful for things as they are!
mrkgnao: In Windows XP and early versions of Windows 7 these shortcuts worked consistently only if they were attached to a shortcut icon on the desktop, not if they were attached to an application in the start menu. Otherwise they sometimes stopped working after reboot and would have to be redefined.

So I got used to always associate a keyboard shortcut with a desktop icon shortcut. I heard that this might not be necessary anymore but never got around to testing it, since it is convenient to see all your shortcuts on the desktop (obviously sorted by alphabetical order), just in case you forget one. I don't have any icons that are not associated with a keyboard shortcuts.

Otherwise it works great (until some clever dick application defines a useful combination that just happens to require a ctrl-shift-letter).

Every morning, first thing I do (without even opening my eyes) is click Alt-Ctrl-F (Firefox) and Alt-Ctrl-T (Thunderbird), often followed by Alt-Ctrl-Z (Filezilla). Other favourites: Alt-Ctrl-J for the current GOG game I'm playing (from the French jeu: game), Alt-Ctrl-K (Kalkulator), Alt-Ctrl-N (New text document in Vim), Alt-Ctrl-= (Beyond Compare).

I use Alt-Ctrl combinations to run applications and Shift-Ctrl combinations to open specific files and directories (e.g. Shift-Ctrl-C opens C:\ in Windows Explorer, Shift-Ctrl-A opens the directory that holds the MaGog code files, Shift-Ctrl F1-F12 map to specific files I edit often, etc., etc.).
This already has me thinking of the programs and folders I can, and will, link hotkeys to. It'll have to be tomorrow, though. I have a quiz to take today. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Also, this would enable partially/fully blind people to utilize computers more effectively.
^Somebody get on that patent, because I don't feel like getting rich off the idea or keeping it for myself.
high rated
Barefoot_Monkey: The native Chrome extension seems to have no issues that I can see so I packaged the update and sent it to Ubivis to put up on Chrome Web Store. I'm not sure when the update will arrive, but it's in the pipeline now.

I'd gladly cover the $5 to let you publish from your own account, how can I help?
Is it supposed to show blank pages in case you own all games from that page or should it group the non owned games on the first pages?

I don't know if I made sense, but when I browse the games I see the first page with one single game, the second with three of them and so one so forth.