It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
ZPavelZ: I didn't buy THAT much from GOG, but if my USD go EUR I suppose it'd prevent me from buying further even more.
The question I have, however, is how would GOG handle inter-regional gifting then? I mean look at Steam and you'd understand my idea. ;)
Ask unowho. She might have ideas ;)
ZPavelZ: I didn't buy THAT much from GOG, but if my USD go EUR I suppose it'd prevent me from buying further even more.
The question I have, however, is how would GOG handle inter-regional gifting then? I mean look at Steam and you'd understand my idea. ;)
Niggles: Ask unowho. She might have ideas ;)
Obsession=confirmed :P
ZPavelZ: I mean look at Steam and you'd understand my idea. ;)
The simple fact that so many gog users also have an steam account makes me think they are right in doing something to get more games into the catalog.
Niggles: I did say both GMG and Humble had to bend over recently, got to wonder which publisher or publishers colluded together (my theory)...it cant be a coincidence...
Novotnus: I hope we will find out... and find enough integrity in ourselves to ignore those publishers wherever they appear.
Based on what they have said it's probably going to be pretty obvious--just look for a new release from a major developer that's also going into retail stores.
Cowards.
Novotnus: I'd really want to know what company was the one that made it happen.
Niggles: I did say both GMG and Humble had to bend over recently, got to wonder which publisher or publishers colluded together (my theory)...it cant be a coincidence...
I made a comment on this a few pages back. My money is on Bethesda and zenimax (samething) after the fallouts where removed from gog they made the comment that the were going to get the games back on steam first because they were currently not a partner with gog that they would look into it later. Couple that and how the treat some of the people they outsource their games to make and you can see them doing something like this.
As long the games stay DRM free and there will be more old games I am happy.
jorlin: Actually, the EU does things against situations like this. MS got fined *twice* for millions of Dollars (yes, I know, petty cash for MS) due to their bundling of IE in Windows and not providing an alternative.
Another thing achieved was that all smart phones (except those made by Apple) had to have one charging solution.
Micro-USB emerged as a standard for that. Prices for mobile phone calls and Internet access have been greatly reduced EU-wide due to pressure from the EU.
So at least in the EU, there is some chance (albeit a slim one) that these price level differences are going to be tackled one day. I do admit that if they still want to tackle that issue, they are rather late...
Bigs: Perhaps - but a) as you said fines are chump change to some of these companies and b) Australia is a tiny backwater market compared to the EU - more likely that if the govt decided to take action then the companies will just cut their losses, take their bat and ball and go home
Why would they "cut their losses" when they can just lower the price to the same as the USA and make money? Your argument is not logical. There is no cost to them for lowering their prices in this manner.
saberwolfxm: I made a comment on this a few pages back. My money is on Bethesda and zenimax (samething) after the fallouts where removed from gog they made the comment that the were going to get the games back on steam first because they were currently not a partner with gog that they would look into it later. Couple that and how the treat some of the people they outsource their games to make and you can see them doing something like this.
It that counts Elder Scrolls games and Beth's Fallouts, it's kind of worth considering.
If it's only for three older Fallouts, well, most of us already have them...
takethepain: I have over 240 games on my GOG catalogue. And while I'm not going to boycott GOG itself (I will be boycotting any games sold here that have regional pricing), I must say that for the first time since I started buying games here, I'm not particularly eager to add to my catalogue. But hey, I guess thats 'Good News' for my bank account hey?
Agreed. I have 276 games from GOG and after this new policy I'm not inclined to buy anything here again.
saberwolfxm: I made a comment on this a few pages back. My money is on Bethesda and zenimax (samething) after the fallouts where removed from gog they made the comment that the were going to get the games back on steam first because they were currently not a partner with gog that they would look into it later. Couple that and how the treat some of the people they outsource their games to make and you can see them doing something like this.
Novotnus: It that counts Elder Scrolls games and Beth's Fallouts, it's kind of worth considering.
If it's only for three older Fallouts, well, most of us already have them...
I love the new fallouts and the elder scrolls, I'm just not fond of some of thier business practices :-\
If this is true i absolutely will not ever buy a gane from GOG ever again , thats the sort of thing i expect from EA.....
Gonchi: ... That's dumb, if they're trying to do damage control that'll only manage to fan the flames. Someone will just upload it somewhere else.
How very true. But still they cannot have it online on their own account, otherwise it could be interpreted as official statement contradicting the current ones. So they had to put some distance between.

I like the symbolized rip-off from the video. They obviously hired the men again... or were forced to hire him again.
I want to add something.

I am not against GOG bringing more new titles. I would LOVE to see titles which are released solely as Steam games being released here too.

BUT, I have my doubts for one thing and that thing is the DRM-Free status of games sold from GOG. Words that GOG will never drop their DRM - FREE status means nothing to me NOW that GOG has already taken back previous promises and "core values". In fact it makes me feel a bit sick inside.

I will continue buying games from GOG, though region affected games (price) I will just refuse to buy till they are at 80-90% OFF the price. If publishers (or one might say GOG) wants to screw us EU (and others) over, fair enough, I will treat you the same way I treat Steam exclusive games. I will not pay full or even half price for them. I vote with my money.

I also have no doubt that eventually (6 months 1 year, more?) GOG will stop being DRM - Free. That's their right. But that will be the day that I will have exactly zero reasons left to buy games from here ever again. If GOG wants to be Steam to that regard too, I will just buy my games only from Steam. Steam might be assholes but at least they are not pretending to be otherwise.
trusteft: I want to add something.

I am not against GOG bringing more new titles. I would LOVE to see titles which are released solely as Steam games being released here too.

BUT, I have my doubts for one thing and that thing is the DRM-Free status of games sold from GOG. Words that GOG will never drop their DRM - FREE status means nothing to me NOW that GOG has already taken back previous promises and "core values". In fact it makes me feel a bit sick inside.
Tet has already said they wont compromise on DRM free. And the reality is, if they drop DRM free - most of their customer base will vanish. Simple. Most of us are here for DRM free & old classics. U think people will put up with it? hell no. If you think this thread is something - it would be a drop in the ocean if they went away from drm free.