It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
high rated
The moment we'll betray our values, the whole GOG will explode and that's the end of it.
TheEnigmaticT: ... We don't set pricing for any game we sell. If we find the terms too onerous, we can elect to not sell it, but that's fundamentally our only rights when it comes to the titles on GOG.com. The fact that we have an audience for the games we sell means that we get a certain amount of negotiation power, but this is a case where, for the companies where they have set up regional pricing have contracts with retail chains and other digital distributors and they're not gonna break their covenants just to make us happy. Either we provide them with regional pricing or we don't sell their game. Simple as that.
Trilarion: That is something I can understand. Negotiation power of GOG is too low, so GOG has to make what they want or GOG must abstain. Still GOG did decide for not abstaining, so GOG must think now that regional pricing is worth having these games. I wonder if it was an easy decision.

I think that GOG will loose this particular fight from now on in the majority of cases. You cannot just have some exceptions and go on with the rest as if nothing has happened.
I'd really want to know what company was the one that made it happen.
HypersomniacLive: Regarding GOG's customer base. I wouldn't be so quick to say that someone's so utterly out of touch with it.
Don't forget that ever since at least the Insomnia Sale (maybe even a bit earlier) a large number of new people arrived and stayed. I suspect that a good number of those are a completely different generation of gamers with other tastes/ priorities/ habits than the "core-customers". One or more persons on GOG have to come up with ideas and ways to keep them here and also bring more people in - it wouldn't be a big surprise to me if in a year's time the "core-customers" are not the majority of GOG's total customers, if not already.
It's not unthinkable that the changes GOG has planned for this year, including the current one, are more aimed towards the new(er) customers, potential customers, plus a percentage of the "core-customers".
Just my 2c.
iippo: Well, then they are having helluva trust in the very newest customers and not caring about giving the finger for the many of the old.

I would show you the old GOG.com promotional video where GOG says regional pricing is unfair - but its apparently take off the youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdfYwvGTos

you be the judge.
Never mind that, here's the long version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6P3yOTR2Vc&t=1194

Thanks again to all the Americans and Canadians that support the citizens from the rest of the world on their stance against this pricing travesty called regional pricing. I'm going to bed right now, have a good day or night depending on where you are on this lovely planet.
Post edited February 22, 2014 by jorlin
volturnus: I don't care about demands from publishers and GOG's negotiation power, and I shouldn't have to. I care about people that boast moral superiority and then betray their own principles when money speaks louder.
What the hell does CDP think that makes people buy on GOG? There's no reason to choose GOG over Steam anymore.
I also buy here because of the old games and because I can play without an internet connection. But I think that maybe GOG just was acting to much and from too high morale ground. No doubts, basing your action on principles, that can reflect badly later on.

The reason to prefer GOG over Steam surely reduces, but the reason to prefer Steam over GOG also because maybe there will be more games on GOG.
mangamuscle: Please do not forget that thanks to regional prices next time you might have an option to buy said game at the same time and/or with the same features in gog instead of steam. Of course you are free to buy it on steam and therefore approve of their DRM. ....
Trilarion: Maybe they could even be regionally priced only for a certain period, until the retailers have lost interest in the game anyway. That I would probably agree with.

But on the other hand, this option to buy said game at the same time on GOG instead of Steam might be bought by a higher price in your region. Not sure if it is such a nice option then.
I do prefer having a choice than no choice at all. I can live with "it is just a game, you can buy it when you have the money or it gets cheaper", no need to make a tantrum over a game.

In the end if the [insert people whose government allows private enterprise to screw them] should be mad at all, they should be mad and rioting at their government like the Ukrainians, or be nice little sheep and stop whining at gog, that is barking at the wrong tree.
HypersomniacLive: ...are more aimed towards the new(er) customers, potential customers, plus a percentage of the "core-customers".
Just my 2c.
I wonder where the lost customers of GOG are now. All at complete denial or at Steam?
Trilarion: That is something I can understand. Negotiation power of GOG is too low, so GOG has to make what they want or GOG must abstain. Still GOG did decide for not abstaining, so GOG must think now that regional pricing is worth having these games. I wonder if it was an easy decision.

I think that GOG will loose this particular fight from now on in the majority of cases. You cannot just have some exceptions and go on with the rest as if nothing has happened.
Novotnus: I'd really want to know what company was the one that made it happen.
I did say both GMG and Humble had to bend over recently, got to wonder which publisher or publishers colluded together (my theory)...it cant be a coincidence...
mangamuscle: ...I do prefer having a choice than no choice at all. I can live with "it is just a game, you can buy it when you have the money or it gets cheaper", no need to make a tantrum over a game. ...
Yes, I understand you. I tried to elaborate a bit why the situation might be more complicated. It's all in the post.
Post edited February 22, 2014 by Trilarion
Drerhu: "The new currencies will allow us to offer more great games to all Humble Bundle customers while supporting awesome charities."

At least, they are trying to get the same price for mostly games (for example, 14.99$ = 10.99 euros,that´s a good change of price)

But some games, like Starbound..14.99$= 13.99 euros =_=

Anyway, Humble bundles will stick with $flat price, and I must confess their customer service and Gog´s customer service are really good at least (both Gog and HB have helped me in the past, being Gog the faster-caring so far)

Hell...Steam doesn´t give a fuck in that field (and I´m a steam user since 2005 =_=)
Darvond: So Humble bundle lied, considering the giant asterisk of 'Requires steam in many cases'. (And to a lesser extent, (great games).
Well, the Humble Bundles are still drmfree and flat priced, but yeah, for time ago are selling only-steam games too.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that even with that, God and HB have doing for customers more than steam, IMHO (and experience)
Niggles: I did say both GMG and Humble had to bend over recently, got to wonder which publisher or publishers colluded together (my theory)...it cant be a coincidence...
I hope we will find out... and find enough integrity in ourselves to ignore those publishers wherever they appear.
Trilarion: I think that GOG will loose this particular fight from now on in the majority of cases. You cannot just have some exceptions and go on with the rest as if nothing has happened.
Lets see what happens. GOG SHOULD be fair to buyers at least and put up the badge or sign (as suggested earlier) telling customers which games after affected . Which are not. Also sales will have an impact. Maybe GOG kicks regional pricing to curb if they find its not worth their while for games - someone did point out a substantial number of customers do come from EU and Australia... if that translates to sales then will be interesting see what happens (whether its the AAA games or fall in sales for other games from fallout of this change)....
iippo: Well, then they are having helluva trust in the very newest customers and not caring about giving the finger for the many of the old.

I would show you the old GOG.com promotional video where GOG says regional pricing is unfair - but its apparently take off the youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdfYwvGTos

you be the judge.
jorlin: Never mind that, here's the long version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6P3yOTR2Vc&t=1194

Thanks again to all the Americans and Canadians that support the citizens from the rest of the world on their stance against this pricing travesty called regional pricing. I'm going to bed right now, have a good day or night depending on where you are on this lovely planet.
thanks. but deleting the old videos is you know kinda...
jorlin: Thanks again to all the Americans and Canadians that support the citizens from the rest of the world on their stance against this pricing travesty called regional pricing. I'm going to bed right now, have a good day or night depending on where you are on this lovely planet.
I also wanted to thank all Americans and Canadians (they do live in America, too, do they not?) who support the rest of the world even though this change would likely meant lowest prices for them. It is bit late (or early?) here, see you today (or tomorrow).
I didn't buy THAT much from GOG, but if my USD go EUR I suppose it'd prevent me from buying further even more.
The question I have, however, is how would GOG handle inter-regional gifting then? I mean look at Steam and you'd understand my idea. ;)
iippo: thanks. but deleting the old videos is you know kinda...
The AusGamers mirror is still up.