It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I install the game (Windows 10, 64) and it opens fine. I play the game, it works fine - but that's with the display set to 800x600.

If I switch the display to 1024x768 the mouse pointer is off maybe an inch or two. And the screen scroll only works on the top and left side.

So what's up with this?

I'm curious that when I install and run the game it's stretched into a widescreen more and not running in a 4x3 box (cause that's what the original game was). So maybe GOG changed the files to stretch out the image for 16x9 displays?

Any suggestions? I've tried the mod for 1920x1084 and it works great (visually) but since to use it you have to be in 1024x768 option that messes up my mouse.

I've tried various compatability modes (XP, Vista) but when I change the display to 1024x768 (in game) the mouse goes south.
ls35a: I install the game (Windows 10, 64) and it opens fine. I play the game, it works fine - but that's with the display set to 800x600.

If I switch the display to 1024x768 the mouse pointer is off maybe an inch or two. And the screen scroll only works on the top and left side.

So what's up with this?
Some people have reported this issue for Emperor, try disabling the "Display Scaling on High DPI settings" option on the game shortcut on your desktop in case that's causing placement issues with the game. See this thread, where a user disabled this setting and fixed their placement problems: https://www.gog.com/forum/emperor_rise_of_the_middle_kingdom/mouse_cursor_off
ls35a: I'm curious that when I install and run the game it's stretched into a widescreen more and not running in a 4x3 box (cause that's what the original game was). So maybe GOG changed the files to stretch out the image for 16x9 displays?
That will be due to your graphics card settings, not the game. Some settings in the GPU can force games to be stretched to fill the monitor and not be their natural resolution if not 16:9, and that's probably what's happening on your end: your GPU is automatically stretching the 4:3 ratio to fill 16:9, rather than maintaining the set aspect ratio.
Post edited September 07, 2017 by Shukaku