It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As title.

720-1080p on lowest settings is acceptable. Cpu graphics obviously.

Thanks for the info.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
It depends on whether it is underclocked or overclocked. The manufacturers set this and usually never inform us customers, who will find out one model is twice as fast as the next despite having the very same processor :-(
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/208661/intel-core-i71160g7-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-40-ghz-with-ipu.html. Also, you should have RAM on both channels if you want to play games like the X games and PCs usually only come with a single RAM module installed.

If you already have the computer you can try to check how capable cooling and what power ceiling ("configurable TDP" in Intel speak) you have. Unless clocked down, I suspect all X3 games and earlier will work fine. Hopefully someone who has actually played X games on Tiger Lake (your CPU) or Ice Lake (previous gen) will come have a say but if I can play X3AP (nothing beyond that) on a much weaker GPU and CPU you should be able to too.

Demo for X3:Terran Conflict. The demo is only really useful or testing the GPU:
https://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/demos_en.php

X:Rebirth should work based on listed minimum requirements but you absolutely need two RAM modules.

X4? I highly doubt you can even get the game to start.
Thanks for the info.

Anyone else that has this chip. Please tell us how well it functions!
I've seen X4 on UHD630 at a cinematic15-25 fps, sometimes 50fps when there's barely anything on screen.
Your Iris is faster, so may run it at a playable fps. Wouldn't bet on it though. Vulkan support is very spotty on intel still.

X3:TC (and lower) though, will run at max settings @1080p just fine at mostly 60fps or more. Just expect some heavy fps drops here and there due to the singlethreadedness of these games. But that's on almost any pc.
Try the demos, you'll know soon enough if it's acceptable for you.

But whatever you get, don't get rebirth. It's crap.
Post edited February 23, 2022 by Gromuhl